Anyone Still Hunting?

DirtTime

Hang some pics of your success.

Haven't taken any pics of the few squirrels I have shot this season. Never crossed my mind to take pics. Next planned outing is for this Sunday morning for a couple hours, and if I get a couple I will get a pic.

The only rabbits I see are driving when I go in the very early morning, and those are running off the side of the road. 

Went 0 for 3 on cottontails this morning. I never got a shot but the other guys missed. Best part was the dog got on his first rabbit. He was whining while on the track and then he started yipping and then that awesome beagle howl. He is getting better each time we go out.

• Like 3

My buddy and I got two hoppers yesterday, I was 1 for 2 and he was 1 for 1.. Started the first rabbit about ten minutes after we began hunting and the hounds ran steady for 4 hours.

We killed two, missed one and the other one holed up.

One rabbit led a charmed life..The dogs started him and he got by my buddy without offering a shot..He ran by me right in the open, but I was busy cleaning another rabbit and my shotgun was leaned up against a tree ten feet away. He circled again and I saw him but could not get a shot. He circled again and I missed him with both barrels of my 20 gauge. He circled again and I had a clear look at him, but he was right in line with the road so I could not shoot. Never did get the SOB...<<grin>>..

Both rabbits we killed were nice big, healthy looking bunnies and were larded with fat..Never saw so much fat on a rabbit in February...Must be the mild winter.

• Like 1

I was really looking forward to going out this weekend. I'm really digging this predator huntung even though I haven't connected yet. Quess it's just fun learning. But anyway weather man says high of 5 Saturday so I'll pass..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was really looking forward to going out this weekend. I'm really digging this predator huntung even though I haven't connected yet. Quess it's just fun learning. But anyway weather man says high of 5 Saturday so I'll pass..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Pred hunting is tough but rewarding. I will tell you this though, when the temp drops is one of the times that you shouldn't miss. You see the colder it is, the more they need to eat to survive. So therefore when you ring the dinner bell, they feel more compelled to come in. This is also mating season so vocalizations will be quite effective too.

I missed a fox and winged a yote this past Friday night. I took a red the week before

• Like 1

Which pellet did you go with?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Hey Shawn, hows it going man?

I shoot these http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-ammunition/25-benjamin-domed-27-9gr-pellets-200ct

This gun loves them. I shoot 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards off a bipod. I have yet to put it in an actual rest and test it.

I have also shot 4 fox, a few raccoon, opossum, and a bunch of squirrels. One fox went about 40 yards, double lung shot. Everything else pretty much dropped on the spot.

Hey Shawn, hows it going man?

I shoot these http://www.crosman.com/airguns/airgun-ammunition/25-benjamin-domed-27-9gr-pellets-200ct

This gun loves them. I shoot 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards off a bipod. I have yet to put it in an actual rest and test it.

I have also shot 4 fox, a few raccoon, opossum, and a bunch of squirrels. One fox went about 40 yards, double lung shot. Everything else pretty much dropped on the spot.

The .25 Benji's are great pellets.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems