Dom

im 34 years old I went target shooting with my uncle when I was about 8 my father who didn't live with me bought me a .22 when I was 12 my grandmother lived in the country so I spent all of my free time out at her house chasing small game by myself.

I've been hunting for 22 years

Edited by Red

72 years old. Deer hunting since 16 ..... 56 years. Was squirrel hunting since 12 ..... 60 years. Was hunting pigeons up in the barn with my homemade longbow at about 10 years old (and I got some too and ate them ....lol)...... 62 years.

• Like 2

Never been shy about my age....actually I never tell my correct age unless it is actually my birthday...because the day after my actual birthday, I look at it as the start of my next birth date and give that age...So I suppose I'm always adding a year...lol....ya  just a quirky thing. So as of April 1 I will be 58yrs old

Fishing...before I can remember hunting since 8 or 10...neighbor hood kids would head down  to the Kelly Bros nursery plantings and hunt squirrels.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I'm 32.  fortunate enough to grow up on the family farm allowing me to hunt and watch wildlife more than some.  living in different regions of NY due to school and work also caused me to hunting different regions which was great in hind sight.  still make it a point to do so, both public and private.  I still have a lot to learn and when an older hunter tells me something I always listen.  then again, when they tell me I'm too young and I haven't hunted or experienced enough in the deer woods I nod with a smile.  then I say they're probably speaking the truth, because they forgot where I said all my secret hunting spots where, when we had the same conversation only 15 minutes ago.

• Like 1

33 years old, first hunt was Fall Turkey 2013 (30). To say I caught the hunting bug is an understatement, hunting is all I can think about 24/7. When I can't sleep I count deer in lieu of sheep. Baught my daughter a toy boy and arrow for her 3rd birthday and hope to have her shooting next spring if the wife blesses it, she'll be 4.

59 years old........BB gun at 8.......20 gauge at 12.......12 gauge at 16.....30-06 at 24.  Still have them all and a few others except the BB gun.  My mother backed over it with the car when I left it laying in the driveway one day around 1968/69  Lesson learned.  Haven't had a gun run over since.

Hunting legally since 1968. 

57 yrs old. Tagged along with my Dad starting at age 8 and been hunting on my own since age 12 (45 years). My first gun was a 22 Remington pump. My Dad bought me a used Springfield Model 1903 in 30-06 on my 14th birthday. At age 16 I inherited my Dad's Savage Model 99F. I still have the Savage but do not hunt with it. Have been bow hunting since I was 23 and that's been my passion ever since.

I am 42....My father got me shooting at camp when I was 4. There is a pic of me in the family album that has me standing next to my .410 shotgun and it was a lot taller than me. My father took me deer hunting with him a few times when I was young. We did see some deer. That was back in the days of party tags and you would see 24 doe in a day all the time but bucks were seldom scene. I started deer hunting with my father when I was 16 and I loved every second of it but I am not sure I would have called it hunting compared to what I do now. We would have breakfast around 8am. Head out around 9am....Head back at 11am for lunch and maybe if it was nice out go back out at 3 until dark. Then we would come back in for happy hour, have a huge filling  camp dinner and the guys would drink and play cards until the wee hours of the morning and repeat the next day. I loved every second of it but it wasn't hunting compared to what I do now although I did kill a few doe during those years the thought of being in the woods before dark never even crossed my mind. I thought that was how you hunted. When my dad was no longer able to get around as well and quit hunting I joined a hunting lease with some guys I knew and hunting took on a whole new meaning. (about 15 years ago) This is when I was introduced to treestand hunting and getting in the woods before first light. These were much more serious hunters than anyone I had ever hunted with at camp. I learned that there was a lot more to hunting than walking out back and sitting on a stump for a few hours. I got into bow hunting a few years ago and I wish I didn't wait so long. It is by far my favorite time to be in the woods. I wouldn't trade those days at deer camp with the old man for anything though

• Like 6

I am 43 years old. I am from Germany originally and hunting there is a fringe sport. I had to take a 32 hour class to get a fishing license, so To get a hunting license you probably have to go to college for a year or two. Well, maybe not quite that.

I just started deer hunting 4 years ago with no help or experience but found a friend that took me under his wing after my first season.

Started bowhunting last year and I am addicted. This could potentially cause some marital problems, ouch.

I am already scouting spots for treestands for the next season. There is a big 10 point on a friends 300 acres that I only saw on camera last year and I haven't heard of anyone getting him. I am trying to arrange a meeting in person this year...

• Like 1

Started hunting with my old man as soon as I was strong enough to make it up the hill with our chairs, lunch, and other accessories in my pack and pockets.

I wasn't actually old enough to hunt yet, but sometimes he'd let me "hold the gun" when he ran off to take a wizz over the next hill. :secret:

• Like 4