WTB (LOOKING FOR) Leupold Scope

I'm looking for a used/like new Leupold 2.5x8-36 matte/duplex scope. 

I don't really care what variation it is.....vari x III, VariX 3 or VX 3 (not sure if I go them all correct anyway)

Let me know if you have one you'd part with........thanks.

• Like 3

Lawdwaz - I might have something close. I've got a Matte 3-9 x 40 Vari x II that I took off of the .270 I sold.

My plan was to try to replace the 1.5-5 Vari X III I have on my 77/22 with it - but a quick check against the rings looks like I'd need to buy a higher ringset for the .22 as it looks like the front bezel is going to jam up against the folded down rear site. If it gets too expensive or looks like a no go I'll pm you some pics of it.

I'll let you know how things develop with that project as it moves along. Right now I've got about 5 boxes of my .357 and 12 boxes of .44 ammo stock left to deal first. I thought I'd sell it easily at the Blue Mountain Range yesterday when I went shooting but it was Closed!

• Like 1

Lawdwaz - I might have something close. I've got a Matte 3-9 x 40 Vari x II that I took off of the .270 I sold.

My plan was to try to replace the 1.5-5 Vari X III I have on my 77/22 with it - but a quick check against the rings looks like I'd need to buy a higher ringset for the .22 as it looks like the front bezel is going to jam up against the folded down rear site. If it gets too expensive or looks like a no go I'll pm you some pics of it.

I'll let you know how things develop with that project as it moves along. Right now I've got about 5 boxes of my .357 and 12 boxes of .44 ammo stock left to deal first. I thought I'd sell it easily at the Blue Mountain Range yesterday when I went shooting but it was Closed!

Yeh, closed on Thursday Friday until March. Seems like a new schedule.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Thanks for the offer but I'm not too interested in anything but the 2.5-8 Leupold.  I have a couple other Leupolds laying around: 2x7, 3x9 and a 3.5x10 etc.  I took the 3.5x10 Leupold VX3 off the 7mm-08 and am going to replace it with the WTB 2.5x8 if I can score one.  I have 3 other 2.5x8 Leupolds mounted now and they really are a favorite of mine. 

I have another web site I'm watching and there's always Ebay, just thought I'd give it a run here first.

Thanks for the offer though!

Thanks for the offer but I'm not too interested in anything but the 2.5-8 Leupold. I have a couple other Leupolds laying around: 2x7, 3x9 and a 3.5x10 etc. I took the 3.5x10 Leupold VX3 off the 7mm-08 and am going to replace it with the WTB 2.5x8 if I can score one. I have 3 other 2.5x8 Leupolds mounted now and they really are a favorite of mine.

I have another web site I'm watching and there's always Ebay, just thought I'd give it a run here first.

May I ask why you prefer 2.5x8? I typically shoot 3x9 nikon prostaffs, but looking into a vortex possibly a leupold for my rem700- want to replace a crappy simmons that's currently on it.

May I ask why you prefer 2.5x8? I typically shoot 3x9 nikon prostaffs, but looking into a vortex possibly a leupold for my rem700- want to replace a crappy simmons that's currently on it.

I've had great luck with the various 2.5x8 vari x III scopes I've owned and don't see (pun?) a reason to switch. 

The physical size of them, clarity, ease of focus, eye box depth, strength etc. are some of the reasons I like them.  I have only one 3x9 and that is a EFR rimfire scope and have never owned a regular 3x9 Leupold.  I do have numerous 2x7 Leupold's and like them considerably.

• Like 1

All the Leupolds we have on our rifles are the 3-9 vxii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great scopes for sure, for some reason I never had one on a big game rifle. Weird huh?

But like I said, the 2x7 is a favorite of mine. Just a little sleeker???

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer but I'm not too interested in anything but the 2.5-8 Leupold. I have a couple other Leupolds laying around: 2x7, 3x9 and a 3.5x10 etc. I took the 3.5x10 Leupold VX3 off the 7mm-08 and am going to replace it with the WTB 2.5x8 if I can score one. I have 3 other 2.5x8 Leupolds mounted now and they really are a favorite of mine.

No problem, good luck with the search!

Got an email from Natchez,they are having a Leupold closeout sale on the V3s, no blues left  on the 2.5 X 8 but they have some silver ones in stock at a pretty good price.

http://www.natchezss.com/leupold-vx-3-riflescope-495703.html?trk_msg=16F4R45HCUR4DFQ520NM7JUIUS&trk_contact=UOD249DHACGLTH0GUNNAC7NC6K&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.natchezss.com%2fleupold-vx-3-riflescope-495703.html&utm_campaign=Feb_08_2016_Leupold&utm_content=Feb_08_2016_Leupold

Edited by airedale