Our own survey

Dom

I wonder what our reporting rate on this survey will be.....lol. At first glance, we started off with some pretty good numbers, and now the success ratio seems to be getting a little lower. My guess would be that as a general case, guys here are probably the more dedicated and enthusiastic hunters, wouldn't you think?

and if I'm not mistaken "one fun drag out too "  nice public land buck as well

Couldn't quite get the Gilson to my 2nd buck this year, had to drag him 10 feet. (I take the tiller/PTO deck off & put a tilt trailer on it in the fall)

005_zpsa0cf9efd.jpg

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 3

8g multiple - Inc a 360ac managed farm. Nw 9h and ne 9f. Deer numbers were way down (glossing, shining, cams, archery and gun)- far less does than normal and hardly any fawns. Dinks accounted for most sightings. Two shooters (3.5 and 130+)seen the last week of October. The most deer less sits ever in 25 yrs hunting

2 hunters- one doe in 9h, one Inc 9f and one of those bigger ones too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gjs4

yes one draw back to being somewhat young and knowing your way around the swamps is getting them out sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the day, I used to drag 'em out for the old guys.

Now I IS the old guys..If I am hunting alone and can't the machine close to 'em, I don't shoot 'em..

One exception is the place I hunt in PA...It's downhill all the way to the truck.

• Like 6

Back in the day, I used to drag 'em out for the old guys.

Now I IS the old guys..If I am hunting alone and can't the machine close to 'em, I don't shoot 'em..

One exception is the place I hunt in PA...It's downhill all the way to the truck.

yes I help drag them out for my dad and uncle...they haven't quite hit old man status yet so help. That day my young mindset got the better of me as my dad offered to come help. I said I'd be ok just take my time which I did but in hind sight should have taken the help offered... Great memories though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk