Do you reload?

MrGroundhog

I'm reloading not really for quantity but more for quality and long range shooting.  I like the accuracy of the other scale.  for less than $10 bucks I hear those volume based scoop sets work well and can be pretty quick once you're repeating loads to get a quick "close" dump.  the hornady one goes high enough to measure my archery stuff but not all of that type do go that high.

This is what I use for my "dump".  even measures the cylindrical granules that I use in the 4007 SSC powder without breaking them.   

and as a side note----there was a recall on 4007 SSC back in the fall. Check your lot numbers if you use it. 

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/09/imr-4007ssc-powder-recall-product-safety-warning/#axzz3zmjiEtXl

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I picked this one up and it stays dead on with my beam scale. Comes with a calibration weight, will go high enough to weigh my arrows and doesn't turn off on my while I am using it. It does have an auto off but it hasn't done it to me yet.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175512/frankford-arsenal-ds-750-electronic-powder-scale-750-grain-capacity

Same one I have, and a lot of reloaders use it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I purchased a Lyman dps a few years ago. Best move I ever made. It is as accurate as any beam scale ever made. It has allowed me to get better accuracy. But as stated it is not necessary especially when getting started. I had a Lee single stage press for years, along with a kee powder scale. As time has went by, I have upgraded to the Lee 4 hole turret press and as stated the DPS. My next purchase is going to be a progressive loader. Get all the information and read it all before starting

• Like 1

how does everyone clean their brass?  what stuff do you use to prep it?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2049622895/iosso-brass-case-cleaner

This stuff works , put the cases in for not even a minute, rinse with water, dry .And just put what  is left back in the container. The bottle I have is at least 5 years old and it still works as when it was new.

• Like 1

how does everyone clean their brass?  what stuff do you use to prep it?

I have a vibrator tub type cleaner. I leave to top off after adding some polish & leave it running while I prep the cases. After each case is de-primed, primer pocket cleaned, checked for length/trimmed, I drop each case in as the prep is completed. After all the cases are in the vibrator, I put the lid on it & go about my business.

Several hours later I dump the media/cases into a separator & all my cases are clean & polished. Less than 5 minutes total time in the actual cleaning process, typically for 100 cases at a time. Much more thorough & convenient than cleaning any other way.

i already have calipers. The kit comes with the trimmer, and I just bought the case length gauge specific to the cartridge. Pretty sure that's everything right.

You need a manual for much more than the data. I would suggest the Nosler manual.

Also, a pad for applying the case lube is handy.

How do you plan on cleaning the lube off the cases?

9mm and .40cal and soon to be .380

I reload mostly heavier bullet loads that are tough to find or more expensive than I can reload with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You losing to hunt with or target practice? JHP is pretty expensive stuff for plinking. A lot more cost effective options out there in those calibers for target

You losing to hunt with or target practice? JHP is pretty expensive stuff for plinking. A lot more cost effective options out there in those calibers for target

I use them for follow up shots for wounded game. I've found the heavier hollow points work better than the heavy round or flat nose. I definitely agree there are cheaper options.

I'm reloading not really for quantity but more for quality and long range shooting. I like the accuracy of the other scale. for less than $10 bucks I hear those volume based scoop sets work well and can be pretty quick once you're repeating loads to get a quick "close" dump. the hornady one goes high enough to measure my archery stuff but not all of that type do go that high.

They work well then use the trickler to get it right on. That is what I currently do.