Ruger American #3

ants

post-1863-0-49598400-1455044988_thumb.jp

I was bored the other day, so of course I went to look at guns. I told myself "you don't need another gun So just look". I was just checking things out and got to the Ruger Americans. I love these rifles. Hands down the absolute best rifle for the money IMHO. I told myself, You already have two Americans and you don't need a third. I shoot a long gun left handed. The 2 Americans I have now are right handed, but the top safety makes it not such a big deal. So I notice they have a few lefties in stock. I say to myself "you already have 2 lefty deer rifles, you don't need a third"  …...….But I don't have a lefty small bore….. An hour later I found myself sneaking a Ruger box into the house while the wife was upstairs folding laundry with my daughter……..

I think I have a problem..

Edited by ants
  • Like 8

Did ya get a good deal??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

$379.99 Not bad. They normally run right around there. I saw that Gander Mtn had the camo one on sale for 299.99 last week. ( a steal) but Im not into camo rifles. Their camo pattern is butt ugly anyway…... LOL!!

....Hehehehe....As long as you get it the house without her seeing it, you're golden..

Most women don't know one gun from another...Of course, a few exceptions are the lovely ladies who post on HERE like Growie and Paula, bless their feminine little hearts !!

• Like 1

....Hehehehe....As long as you get it the house without her seeing it, you're golden..

Most women don't know one gun from another...Of course, a few exceptions are the lovely ladies who post on HERE like Growie and Paula, bless their feminine little hearts !!

Haha ,,,,The wife doesn't know a gun that I bought 30 minutes ago from a gun I bought 30 years ago!  Just sneak them in.

Did I mention that the Mrs comes home with a new pair of shoes about once a week??? Right through the front door…..

• Like 1

Haha ,,,,The wife doesn't know a gun that I bought 30 minutes ago from a gun I bought 30 years ago!  Just sneak them in.

Did I mention that the Mrs comes home with a new pair of shoes about once a week??? Right through the front door…..

Is she related to Imelda Marcos by any chance ?

That's a sweet rig ya got there!

The old saying about our worst fears of dying and the wife selling all the guns for what you told her you payed. Comes to mind.

You guys are lucky I snuck that 35remington in a couple weeks ago and the other day I was putting a different scope on it and the ole lady comes in and says when did u get that? I said this I've had it just swapping scopes. She looks at it and says "35 rem huh just last week you said the only pumps u still wanted to buy was a 35 rem and a 222 so it can't be more than a week old" all I could do was look down and say "now I only need a 222" she is used to it but still is never happy about it

• Like 3

A brown cardboard box was on my front porch this afternoon when my wife and I pulled into the driveway.  I had to shame her into cleaning up all the Tim Horton's cups (two) and other junk that was piling up in the map pockets.  That afforded me the time to grab the box and sprint to the basement.................

So I'm NOT the only one?  :)

Nice gun there lefty!  Let us know how it shoots.

My guns mate in the safe & new offspring appear mysteriously appear.. Fortunately the Mausers seem to be omnipotent as all of my new pups have M98 bloodlines. They are of various heritage including German, Yugolavian & even a Mexican that seemed to slip across the border at some point.

• Like 2

Love the Americans as well just picked up one in an all weather finish in 30-06.That makes my second American the other one is in 243.I took had to sneak it in the gun safe

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

They're coming out with magnum calibers this year & I don't own a centerfire magnum……….OH Crap!!!!!!!

Hey, that's where I come in.

I'm single and don't have the wife/sneak in problem.

So, I'd be more than happy to save your marriages by storing your new guns for you and you can come and visit them anytime (by prior appointment of course, they may be "out" exercising).

Just an offer to help you guys out, 'cause that's the kind of friend I am!

• Like 2

So, I'd be more than happy to save your marriages by storing your new guns for you and you can come and visit them anytime (by prior appointment of course, they may be "out" exercising).

Jaeger you are one he'll of a guy thanks I will get back to ya

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Now there's a Team Player for ya !   LOL

$379.99 Not bad. They normally run right around there. I saw that Gander Mtn had the camo one on sale for 299.99 last week. ( a steal) but Im not into camo rifles. Their camo pattern is butt ugly anyway…... LOL!!

ouch. that's no deal I'm sorry to say. Check out gunbroker some and you'll be sick to your stomach.

• Like 1

Ruger makes a great rifle.I find it funny how we/guys men have to sneak items into the house while/ when the wife/women can say Honey look what I picked up today or they say look what my Mom picked up for me.If you have to sneak anything other than a gift in the house for the Lady then you all should talk to her and say I found a good deal on another firearm/truck the house bills are paid and we have extra $$$$$ 

Ruger makes a great rifle.I find it funny how we/guys men have to sneak items into the house while/ when the wife/women can say Honey look what I picked up today or they say look what my Mom picked up for me.If you have to sneak anything other than a gift in the house for the Lady then you all should talk to her and say I found a good deal on another firearm/truck the house bills are paid and we have extra $$$$$ 

I just recently dropped over $700 on a SS kimber 1911. It's an $1100 gun and a great deal. Every so often I "drill" my wife to be sure she remembers the finger combo to the gunvault by the bedside and how the guns work. So the kimber replaced my glock 23. She picks it up and is like

"wow this is big and heavy". "is it new? this is new isn't it?".

"No honey, that's the same gun, remember here's the thumb safety and there's one in the chamber?".

"yeah I guess"

It's not a matter of hiding anything. we're a single income family and generally she gets what she wants. It's just easier to not give her more ammo when we're talking about our $300 grocery bills :)

• Like 3