Remington 750

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimber.. Yeah... Wish I could AFFORD one... :D ....

Defintely nice rifles...

Another reasonably priced  quality rifle is the CZ.... They make a full stock model that is short and reasonably light ( a little over 7 lb)...

And they are SHOOTERS... I have one in 9.3 x 62 that thinks it's a varmint rifle... I have never heard of anyone buying a CZ that did not group well.. They are available in several good deer calibers, .243, 6.5 x 55, .270W, .308, 30-06... Nice walnut stocks, too...

hmm I was looking a bit and I won't save a lot of weight by going to a semi, only a few ounces. Perhaps I should look for a shorter light weight bolt action, they appear to be nearly a full pound lighter.

Just make sure to not get a bull barrel. I love my 700, but with the 26 inch Bull Barrel, scope, bipod, etc, its not exactly fun to carry around lol. Accurate as all get out, but not light.

hmm I was looking a bit and I won't save a lot of weight by going to a semi, only a few ounces. Perhaps I should look for a shorter light weight bolt action, they appear to be nearly a full pound lighter.

Just make sure to not get a bull barrel. I love my 700, but with the 26 inch Bull Barrel, scope, bipod, etc, its not exactly fun to carry around lol. Accurate as all get out, but not light.

Thats why I got rid of my varmit gun, I carried it around through the woods a few times and it wasn't to much fun. There good guns for pulling up to a field and walking off the road and taking long shots at varmits but walking up steep hills was a pain.

I guess im glad I got the 30-06 in the 750 instead of the 308. Have read alot of forums where guys are having ejection problems with the 270 and 308 versions but have not read about any problems with the 30-06 or the 35. Anyone own a 750 in 308 that you had problems with the gun ejecting or feeding the bullets?

Hmmmm.. Since the 270 and 30-06 are so similar, it seems odd that there would be feeding/ejection problems with one and not the other...

Also, the .308 was developed to replace the 30-06 , and one of the reasons was because the short action cartridge was supposed to funtion better in semi auto/fully auto actions..

I'm wondering if these feeding/ejection problems might be co-incidental, rather than specific to a cartridge..??..

Hmmmm.. Since the 270 and 30-06 are so similar, it seems odd that there would be feeding/ejection problems with one and not the other...

Also, the .308 was developed to replace the 30-06 , and one of the reasons was because the short action cartridge was supposed to funtion better in semi auto/fully auto actions..

I'm wondering if these feeding/ejection problems might be co-incidental, rather than specific to a cartridge..??..

Maybe the 30-06 has more than enough gas to blow the bolt all the way back and the others are a little short on power? That really doesn't make much sense though sound more like an extractor or possibly a fouled gas tube problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive read on some other forums, sometimes there is a problem with there mags that cause feeding problems that can be fixed by bending the lip of the mag a little to help in feeding to. Have the scope mounted and ready to go, was going to take it out this weekend and sight it in but we are suppose to get 12 inch of snow today so it may have to wait.  >:)

It's  true the magazine can cause a problem with feeding in a semi rifle and Remingtons do have this issue sometimes.  It's easy to check though.  Buy an extra magazine, don't mess with the lips on either and see if they both work well.  If one does and one doesn't, it's most certainly a magazine issue.

It also points out why you have to be careful how you handle and store your detachable mags as well.  If they get beat up, you may have problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the 30-06 has more than enough gas to blow the bolt all the way back and the others are a little short on power? That really doesn't make much sense though sound more like an extractor or possibly a fouled gas tube problem?

The Remington auto's are famous for feed/ejection related issues, ranging from dirty action, magizine issues, bolt spring tension, ammo brands.........the list go on.

I have not read much about the new 750, their past track record is enough to steer me clear of owning one. Best of luck to you with it.

FDXX75

Still haven't got to shoot it yet  because of all the snow. Weather is suppose to turn around this week so I should be able to get out in the next couple of weeks and see what it can do. One thing I can tell I don't like already is the trigger. Lots of creep before it breaks. If I like the gun I might take it down to a gun smith and see If I can get another trigger or get this one adjusted if it can be. If I find any problems Ill take it down and sell it and get the pump rifle.

tactiacal ...shmactical! I like the one that you took back with the wood stock and forearm

I like the look of wood to, that is what pulled me to the 750 in the 1st place. They still have the gun I took back on the used rack at Gander. The crack has grown to, looks like everyone keeps picking at.  :D  And the amazing thing is its the same price I paid for it new. :D  I think the synth. will work out alot better anyway. I usually put my guns through the paces during the season so The stock should hold up a little better. I had a Remington 870  with a wood stock once that by the time I gave it to my dad the stock was a mess from dragging it through the brush all day. I don't want to worry about the finish on my gun when I'm cruising the thickets. Plus the synth. is lighter IMO. 

when asked paper or plastic take paper...trees grow back! plastic although recycleable will probably end up in a landfill and its made from oil!! more oil for gas!!

Plus recycling is not eco friendly. It takes more power than its worth to recycle plastic. But it means less plastic in the land fill so your damned if you do or don't.

I have one in 35 Whelen, I use it as a brushgun.  I like it a lot.  I had a 7400 before that in 270, all of the accuracy and feeding problems in the 7400 seem to have been worked out with the 750's.  I'm happy with mine.  30-06 is an awesome and versitle round.  My only advice with any semi-auto is stay away from super high velocity loadings. 

I have one in 35 Whelen, I use it as a brushgun.  I like it a lot.  I had a 7400 before that in 270, all of the accuracy and feeding problems in the 7400 seem to have been worked out with the 750's.  I'm happy with mine.  30-06 is an awesome and versitle round.  My only advice with any semi-auto is stay away from super high velocity loadings.

I plan on using the cheap Remington corelock ammo in 150 0r 165 grain. ANyone have any problems with these?