Remington 750

The ammo is full lenghth resized to spec it should slide into that chamber smoothly and teh bolt will lock.  Make sure you use the angled chamber brush to clean the breach and throat of the chamber or you will get buildup in the throat.  That will develop into seating and extraction problems.  Its a semi-auto so cleaning is at a premium or you will have lots of trouble.  Look for primer flattening and brass flow to ensure yu are not developing head spacing problems.  If the rifle is maintianed correctly you should never need to assist the bolt in locking when you are feeding it.  If it persists, take it to a qualified gunsmith and stop shooting it until its is checked out.  TRUST ME!!!!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice some flatening of the neck on some of the 1st rounds I shot like it was having a hard time feeding the 1st couple of rounds. Could have just been I didn't have the mag in straight. It was a real challenge getting the full mag in when I first started shooting. Seemed to smooth out after I shot a few mags though. I took it apart and gave it a really good cleaning and light oiling so we'll see how it gos on the next round. It really flings the spent caseing :D

Flinging is good, just as long as its not blowing its primers out, LOL.  Keep an eye on it.  The mag fitting takes a little getting used to.  The tolerances on the mag well are tight.  Make sure the chamber and throat are always clean.  I've done really well with #9 bench rest to clean semi autos, you might want to give that a shot.  I brass brush the chamber to lossen the crud than I wrap a #9 br soaked patch over the chamber brush brisstles and work that for a while changing the patches often.  Then the bolt face with a tooth brush and #9 br.  I use a bore snake to do the barrel (with #9 br infront of the bristles).  The piston, action rods, spring and shaft is a tooth brush again with #9 br.  Wipe the whole thing down then put the stock back.  Then I run the snake through again dry and a few dry patches into the chamber and the bolt face.  I don't oil, the #9 br has rust inhibitors in it.  Like any amonia based solvent cleaning just watch for copper oxide buildup where there was copper deposited (barrel and chamber).  If there is patch clean that out.  It might take a day or show to see that, you'll notice it quickly, its very blue in color.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need anything else.  Biggest issue is to make sure that chamber is spic and span clean!!!!!!  Happy hunting.  8) 

• 1 month later...

Have one myself, got it about a month ago.  Probably have put about 85 rounds through it with no scope.  Shoots great...no exact numbers on anything but really straight.  Just picked up a Nikon Bushmaster 2-9 scope from Zacks in Round lake.  Looks and feels  great, havent zeroed it in yet, hopefully in the next few weeks.

For the record This all happened at 6:01pm EST

on Saturday May 21,2011. Honestly, it really made me think.

I would say the Rapture had to have some truth to it. You know when they say something big is happening concerning the planet, that animals will start acting weird?  Well this is what I saw

out my back window, it was like they were in some trance.  got three of them before they scatterd.  Pretty strange. Experts tell me they can explain why they would do this.....

post-2219-131455446404_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have not tried them.  What will you be using them for?  Seems like an expensive bullet for in the field; $42 from what I see with a quick search on good old google.

Just deer mostly. I'm not to sure if they are the best choice for deer tho they look a little thick skinned for a thin skinned animal. I'm looking for a boat tail bullet to try and tighten up my groups out of the 750. The remington psp  groups a little loose,adequate to kill a deer, but loose. Might try the fusion bonded bullets, they come in a boattail and are just a little more expensive than corelocks.

I have heard lots of stories of premium bullets not expanding on deer sized game...

Nosler partitions, Barnes X, Swift A frame, numerous other bonded core bullets...

99% of the stories are pure BS...  Those bullets all work fine on deer...

It's just that there are many LESS EXPENSIVE bullets ( like corelocts or Win power points) that work just as WELL on deer sized game at half the cost...

The only bullets that won't expand adequately on deer sized game are FMJs...

I finally got a chance to give the 750 a look this weekend,when a Winchester model 70 Featherweight caught my eye.So I walked out thinking which gun I want more.I would love a semi auto but the model 70 felt so nice.The wife thinks I'm crazy said get the 750 because you know your gonna get the other too.

• 3 weeks later...

Bryce Towsley told me he has tested two 750's in .35 Whelen and had jamming and feeding issues with both. It's a shame because that is the Caliber I wanted in the 750 but it may be a problem round for this gun.

As far as .30-06 bullets for deer I like the 125 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. They kill them dead, fast.