Remington 750

Well got out with a box of remington c lox 150 grainers. 50 yrds was great, could cover my best group with a quarter. I moved back to 100 and everything went to hell, group opened up alot. The gun is a carbine with an 18 inch barrel and 1:10 twist. The 165's I shot before the 150's shot better groups at 100 yrds. I might go back to them or try the 180's to see if my groups tighten up even more . Anyone have any thoughts.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got out with a box of remington c lox 150 grainers. 50 yrds was great, could cover my best group with a quarter. I moved back to 100 and everything went to hell, group opened up alot. The gun is a carbine with an 18 inch barrel and 1:10 twist. The 165's I shot before the 150's shot better groups at 100 yrds. I might go back to them or try the 180's to see if my groups tighten up even more . Anyone have any thoughts.

I will say though that the gun performed flawlessly this time. I didn't have one jam out of the 20 rounds I fired. I gave it a really good cleaning the last time I shot it.

Try 180 grain Federal Power Shok ammo. I shoot a Model 70 Win. in .30-06 and they seem to group pretty well for me. I also shoot the Fusions and I like the Hornady SST Interlock in 180. I've tried the Federal Vital Shok with Trophy Bonded tips and for some reason my groupings got very sloppy.

Disregard, I must have been having a bad day or something. I went back with another box and at 100 yrds I could cover the group with a quarter. I also did a little rapid fire at 100yrds, shooting as fast as the crosshairs settled behind the shoulder, sitting on the ground off my knee and had a fist size group right behind the deer targets shoulder. So Im happy with that