Government "seizes" more land

I am not going to edit my post again, it is too much work with the image, but I want to make it clear why it is better for 100 guns to go to 100 people rather than to one collector.

Because that means 100 people are hunting, shooting, pro hunting, pro gun, and they are contributing to conservation. That is much better than 1 collector who only contributes his extreme opinions....

Not fighting for the gun culture, shouldn't be an option. Your cartoon is flawed. Gun ownership is way up. Not only do more people own guns, the group is growing more diverse.

If someone wants to buy 100 guns, it's no one else's business.

There's no excuse for not belonging to the NRA, SCOPE, GOA, etc.

Edited by Skillet

The 2nd amendment wasn't written with hunting in mind. Hunting just happens to enjoy protection that the amendment offers it, as a by product.

And I don't need 7 bullets to kill a deeeer. or to  defend my house.  It is not practical to  hunt doves with a bow, but I cant hunt them with an assault rifle either..... 

The second amendment also doesn't protect my right to use electronic dog training collars or reasonable regulations regulating training bird dogs in NY with training birds. It doesn't protect a million other things. 

Here is a deal: You all  continue  doing nothing for us; and we will begin doing nothing for you all..... Sounds like a good deal, we fudds are so small you know..... 

And I don't need 7 bullets to kill a deeeer. or to defend my house. It is not practical to hunt doves with a bow, but I cant hunt them with an assault rifle either.....

The second amendment also doesn't protect my right to use electronic dog training collars or reasonable regulations regulating training bird dogs in NY with training birds. It doesn't protect a million other things.

Here is a deal: You all continue doing nothing for us; and we will begin doing nothing for you all..... Sounds like a good deal, we fudds are so small you know.....

Here's a deal. You join NRA, then you can do something, like the rest of us. Edited by Skillet

And I don't need 7 bullets to kill a deeeer. or to  defend my house.  It is not practical to  hunt doves with a bow, but I cant hunt them with an assault rifle either..... 

Here is a deal: You all  continue  doing nothing for us; and we will begin doing nothing for you all..... Sounds like a good deal, we fudds are so small you know..... 

Well if that doesn't have an elitist self absorbed ring to it.  

• Like 2

The biker culture-a bunch of beyond middle aged fat men in vest's that are to tight that are real scary on their yuppy bikes and 85 Honda's.

The NRA is now at the bottom of the gun rights groups for me, its more of a club than anything else. They had a tough week last week when ole teddy came out of the closet as anti-Jewish and many members let them know that that is not ok.

Back to flame wars, continue on.

• Like 1

You know, i know many people are not capable of thinking abstractly. But I actually have a non-abstract, concrete example. Two words: Fred Neff.

Neff is 75 years old. He and his wife are both ill. Neff spent the greater portion of his adult life advocating for sportsmen AND gun owners in NY State.

Neff's 40 year old effort to reinstate dove hunting in NY has been undermined repeatedly. Not only that. I have copies of letters written to him that nobody deserves to be treated that way. I also have received almost as bad.

So, what reciprocation did Neff get for fighting for the gun nuts? He didnt even get common , decent respect everyone deserves.  

I will tell you something else. Two weeks ago your council went in front of the legislature and testified. Twenty other people testified professionally. This guy was a disgrace. Not only was he a disgrace he did not address wildlife-dependent recreation ie. hunting, other than asking for further expansion of  crossbow opportunities. What else did he go after? Expanded opportunities for snowmobiling and ATV use. 20 other organizations advocated in favor of wilderness / wild area in the Adirondacks. this guy, crosses 20 other organizations, and wants this to go otherwise.

Two months ago I recieved correspondence from this same guy, chewing me out , that his organization has had unwavering support of dove hunting for many years. Why then, only 2 months later did he not include that in his legislative/budget proposal?

Edited by mike rossi

The biker culture-a bunch of beyond middle aged fat men in vest's that are to tight that are real scary on their yuppy bikes and 85 Honda's.

The NRA is now at the bottom of the gun rights groups for me, its more of a club than anything else. They had a tough week last week when ole teddy came out of the closet as anti-Jewish and many members let them know that that is not ok.

Back to flame wars, continue on.

If you have to gather in large numbers to feel bada$$, your just a coward hiding behind large numbers.

I was a biker riding a stroker Hog over 40 years ago when being a biker wasn't cool. I seldom rode with more than 3-4 guys at a time. We rode fast & hard on fast, stripped down bikes, not fat pigs W/saddle bags, fairing, windshields & stereos.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

If you have to gather in large numbers to feel bada$$, your just a coward hiding behind large numbers.

I was a biker riding a stroker Hog over 40 years ago when being a biker wasn't cool. I seldom rode with more than 3-4 guys at a time. We rode fast & hard on fast, stripped down bikes, not fat pigs W/saddle bags, fairing, windshields & stereos.

At the same time, isn't it the mantra of the unions that there is 'power in numbers'? There seems to be something of a contradiction here.

FWIW I rode for many years, and I miss it.