Hunting with the Airbow

fasteddie

I like the fact that they are calling it what it really is, a gun.

I get the appeal for some people. It's new it's exciting. Another hunting implement to put in the cabinet or safe.

Quiet? Even in the vid Eddie posted it sounded pretty close to a .22. From this vid it doesn't seem to have any better penetration then an actual bow.

Still not for me.

Being a crossbow hunter I was impressed by the specs. A 375 grain arrow, rated at 450fps ought to do the job on big game. I watched the video for a couple of times. They indicated it was a 45 yard shot but, looking real close at the slow motion video at the end of the piece, shows that the doe had time to squat. Luckily his shot was also low and the deer actually ducked into the arrows path. I'm wondering about what the down range ballistic numbers look like. It did the job but it looks like the energy drops off fast at 45 yards.

Edited by RoadKill44

I like the fact that they are calling it what it really is, a gun.

I get the appeal for some people. It's new it's exciting. Another hunting implement to put in the cabinet or safe.

Quiet? Even in the vid Eddie posted it sounded pretty close to a .22. From this vid it doesn't seem to have any better penetration then an actual bow.

Still not for me.

Just tie a string to it and you can call it a bow .  :rolleyes:

I was down to the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg on Thursday and they had one of these things that you could shoot. I wasn't paying close attention as it isn't something I'm interested in but I could not believe how loud this thing was.

And that loud noise will get to the game before the Bolt.

Wait a minute. People here are saying it's loud? I was assured by Shamhu that it isn't. You guys must be wrong, just like I was.

:rolleyes:

You do know there are different companies that make this, right? Not all of them are going to be mouse fart quiet, just like how some 22LR are quiet and some are not. You really don't know the first thing about them, aside from your bias in your imagination from watching videos online. You have 0 authority and credibility in what you say, so your opinion doesn't matter to me, or anyone else.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Edited by shawnhu

Yes I do know what's coming next..you will hound most of my posts trying to flame and derail them. This will have your tongue hanging out whilst you wait for those needed likes. Now you will either get them or one liners from the sites resident pot stirer's to feed your need or go away until the next time your feeling impudent in your life .

• Like 1

Hunting is an old mans game mostly , the folks on here are largely in their 40s, 50's , 60s and up anything that may catch the eye of younger folks or those not interested in taking the time to learn the bow or draw them in from,other areas is ok with me .

Look at the gun world, many new young shooters are coming from gamers, World of Warcraft and Airsoft is bringing in new people to the gun, I say welcome !

• Like 1

Hunting is an old mans game mostly , the folks on here are largely in their 40s, 50's , 60s and up anything that may catch the eye of younger folks or those not interested in taking the time to learn the bow or draw them in from,other areas is ok with me .

Look at the gun world, many new young shooters are coming from gamers, World of Warcraft and Airsoft is bringing in new people to the gun, I say welcome !

There won't be a future for hunters/gunners, if there aren't any left.

• Like 1

Yes I do know what's coming next..you will hound most of my posts trying to flame and derail them. This will have your tongue hanging out whilst you wait for those needed likes. Now you will either get them or one liners from the sites resident pot stirer's to feed your need or go away until the next time your feeling impudent in your life .

I'm perfectly fine ripping your insignificant posts apart without the support of others. Unlike you, I don't find the need for "likes". As a matter of FACT, only you speak of these "likes" as if they are of importance, maybe they are for you. Maybe it's you who needs to feel significant. No one else on this site has mentioned "likes" and to go as far as to attack those that "like" someone else's posts. You truly are the resident stalker, a passive aggressive one at that.

You do know there are different companies that make this, right? Not all of them are going to be mouse fart quiet, just like how some 22LR are quiet and some are not. You really don't know the first thing about them, aside from your bias in your imagination from watching videos online. You have 0 authority and credibility in what you say, so your opinion doesn't matter to me, or anyone else.

post-177-0-98900400-1455561266_thumb.jpg

"You do know there are different companies that make this, right?"

This is the same one you said was not loud in the other thread.

"Not all of them are going to be mouse fart quiet, just like how some 22LR are quiet and some are not." 

Once again, we were discussing this one.  You attacked me for stating loud was relative.  You're doing the same thing here.

"You really don't know the first thing about them, aside from your bias in your imagination from watching videos online. You have 0 authority and credibility in what you say, so your opinion doesn't matter to me, or anyone else."

You're the one who's being corrected here for lack of credibility.  You've never had any authority and it's your opinion that now doesn't matter, since it's been proven to be a simple opinion and nothing more.  (I'd also never be so self indulgent and pompous to tell others what matters to them)

Not that I ever expected you to admit you were wrong.  It takes a man to do that.  Do us both a favor and stifle yourself from now on.

Edited by Mr VJP

You might want to learn to quote properly first before attempting to sound intelligent.

Then after you educate yourself in quoting properly, you can go back and see which video I posted and how quiet it was. But I really wouldn't expect a person of your level to understand the differences between a Crosman product and one made across the world.

Edited by shawnhu

Anybody looking to buy the Airbow from Crosman and is looking to save some $$$$$$.....Crosman charges $899(w extra/6 pack arrows) plus NY state tax....so it will cost a total of $971.99 including free delivery.

So here is how you save..... go to pyramydair.com and under search type in air bow.Select air bow and air bow arrows into shopping bag.Price should be $849.99 for air bow and $99.99 for air bow arrows/6pack.In the checkout there is a spot for promo/discount code try VERIFIED-2015 and that gives you a 10% discount on total order plus no NY state tax and free shipping......total should be $854.98.....savings of $117.01....I pre ordered one just to have it .PS if that code doesn't work for you just open up an account and they will email you a 10% code for your first purchase however I think this code is a generic one they give to all new customers.Good luck and happy shooting.

Edited by deerhuntNYhard
  • Like 1