Censorship

fasteddie

I don't want to mess up a thread but since Censorship was brought up . ...... There are a few members on the site that I would like to give the boot to and Ban them but I don't like Censorship ( even though I have deleted some posts that have been pretty raunchy ) . 

Even when trying to deal with some members rationally , they can get testy . I had one member that I PM's and part of his response was " oh , you finally found the moderator button , don't let it go to your head" . Rather than remark in a post , I had PM'd that member . Several act like a little kid ...... Billy got away with it so why can't I ? Waaaahhhhh ! 

How much Censorship do you want ?  There are a couple of members ( possibly Trolls ) that seem to follow others around and make stupid comments or accusations about that member just to get a rise out of that member .

I recall a site where if you disagree with a Mod or Admin , you are booted from the site . We won't do that ! 

This is my opinion .... not the other Mods , Admin or Site Owner .  

Flame Away ! 

I don't want to mess up a thread but since Censorship was brought up . ...... There are a few members on the site that I would like to give the boot to and Ban them but I don't like Censorship ( even though I have deleted some posts that have been pretty raunchy ) .

Even when trying to deal with some members rationally , they can get testy . I had one member that I PM's and part of his response was " oh , you finally found the moderator button , don't let it go to your head" . Rather than remark in a post , I had PM'd that member . Several act like a little kid ...... Billy got away with it so why can't I ? Waaaahhhhh !

How much Censorship do you want ? There are a couple of members ( possibly Trolls ) that seem to follow others around and make stupid comments or accusations about that member just to get a rise out of that member .

I recall a site where if you disagree with a Mod or Admin , you are booted from the site . We won't do that !

This is my opinion .... not the other Mods , Admin or Site Owner .

Flame Away !

Eddie, I believe in fair treatment. If you decide to enforce this censorship, I hope you do a damn well job at it, across the board. I can't imagine it to be anything less than a full-time job for this site. You can ban as many as you want, but for every person banned unjustly, Pandora's box opens a little more each time.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

It was not meant as a THREAT ..... Just an opinion about Censorship . Look at the Political Correctness junk where you have to choose your words carefully . The PC police have gotten out of hand . 

I DO NOT have any intention of banning anyone other than the Spammers who show up on the site . 

• Like 2

This is just my personal opinion but I hate to see censorship thrown around haphazardly.  Not saying that you would do that fasteddie... just saying if it is used it shouldn't be a little here and a little there.

For the most part I think we are adults and should be able to have mature conversations even if they from time to time come to heated disagreements.  What I hate more than censorship is personal attacks.  You can disagree with people and think they are useless human beings that don't deserve to live... that doesn't mean you need to express it.

The first amendment gives you the right to say nearly anything, but it doesn't absolve you of the responsibility of your words.

• Like 3

It's a private website visited voluntarily. It's not censorship if the site doesn't allow it. The site doesn't allow swearing. That's censorship. This is my preface to "the first amendment".

This is the only site I've ever been on that allows political posts to the level that we have them. While some are entertaining and create a good debate, the shear volume have started to drown out the actual hunting part of this site. They are not filtered like some have been lead to believe, they show up in everyone's feed either online or via tapatalk. Sure, I don't have to click them and mostly I don't. But I feel ashamed sometimes to be a part of such fear mongering and ignorant hate. I don't believe it does anything to further the site and promote hunting or attract new members. I personally have taken time away because of the level it gets too. I always come back because I enjoy the hunting discussions.

A few topics a week wouldn't hurt anyone, or even one topic dedicated to all things political that can be several hundred pages long. who cares, it's just one thread. but several an hour just goes to far. I can visit any of the thousands of other political forums on the internet if I wanted to talk about Muslims and Hillary Clinton.

• Like 10

It's a private website visited voluntarily. It's not censorship if the site doesn't allow it. The site doesn't allow swearing. That's censorship. This is my preface to "the first amendment".

This is the only site I've ever been on that allows political posts to the level that we have them. While some are entertaining and create a good debate, the shear volume have started to drown out the actual hunting part of this site. They are not filtered like some have been lead to believe, they show up in everyone's feed either online or via tapatalk. Sure, I don't have to click them and mostly I don't. But I feel ashamed sometimes to be a part of such fear mongering and ignorant hate. I don't believe it does anything to further the site and promote hunting or attract new members. I personally have taken time away because of the level it gets too. I always come back because I enjoy the hunting discussions.

A few topics a week wouldn't hurt anyone, or even one topic dedicated to all things political that can be several hundred pages long. who cares, it's just one thread. but several an hour just goes to far. I can visit any of the thousands of other political forums on the internet if I wanted to talk about Muslims and Hillary Clinton.

I cant speak for tapatalk, as I dont use it, but I dont see them in my feed unless I got into the political forum.

• Like 1

When we all signed into this site, we all agreed to abide by the set rules of this site. I don't consider it censorship if you break those set rules and are reprimanded or banned by the administration. A little common sense and common courtesy go a long way to make the site, more enjoyable for the vast amount of members. Sometimes we can just agree to disagree , and leave it at that. JMO

• Like 8

I'm fairly new to this forum so my opinion may not mean as much but I think there should be more "censorship" on the forum. Not because I am offended by anything, I'm really thick skinned. I honestly just find it annoying the amount of heat some of these threads receive. it's not just political threads, those will inevitably turn bad. Sometimes it's amazing how quick a lot of regular hunting threads get jacked and derailed. I joined here because I wanted another outlet for hunting information and to be able to trade information with people and try to help out the newer hunters.  

I'm part of the FoxPro forums and the QDMA forums, plus I've raced ATV's for 7 years so I have been apart of a few racing forums; and I have never been on a forum with so much bickering, attacks, and nonsense than this one. Some days I can't figure out if I'm on Facebook or this forum....

• Like 6

Use to be, I would browse through 3 or 4 threads to find 2 I would like to read.  Now I have to scroll through 8 to 10 just to find a couple worth reading.  Even at that, many of them I stop reading after the first few pages because at that stage, the point, idea, or message has already been delivered and the derailment and bickering begins.

• Like 4

You need at least a little bit of censorship or things just go to hell and people are allowed to insult and make threats.

That being said..a member here made a disgusting, foul comment about my wife yesterday. I think this member is just a troll, but he still said it. As far as I know, this low life is still a member. If what he said doesn't get him/her tossed then there is zero censorship here. So whats the point???

You need at least a little bit of censorship or things just go to hell and people are allowed to insult and make threats.

That being said..a member here made a disgusting, foul comment about my wife yesterday. I think this member is just a troll, but he still said it. As far as I know, this low life is still a member. If what he said doesn't get him/her tossed then there is zero censorship here. So whats the point???

I believe you may be referring to grow? Oh wait, she mentioned Biz's wife, nvm! Carry on!

The problem I see on this site regards responses to posts.  

There is nothing wrong with a reply that attacks a position of a post.  There is a lot wrong with a reply that personally attacks the person who made a post.

Most of the bickering and fighting on here starts when someone chooses to post an insult, or ad hominem attack directed against a person, rather than the position they are taking.  That will usually follow with a reply in kind and continue from there.

Eliminate the initial incivility, the rude and unsociable posts that do not address the position, but the person, and you will eliminate most of the things you need to censor.  

Anyone can be a member here if they follow the rules.  But nobody should be allowed to remain a member here if they cannot act like an adult and remain civil.  This needs to be directed first at the person who starts the problem, by blatantly insulting another person personally.  You cannot expect the insulted person to just lay down and take it.  You should warn both parties, but the person who starts it should be handled the same as a person who throws a sucker punch at an unsuspecting person.

Eliminate the childish antics and attacks from some of the members on here and you will have far less to worry about censoring.

If I'm not mistaken, it's already one of the rules members need to follow to remain a member here.

• Like 1

The problem I see on this site regards responses to posts.

There is nothing wrong with a reply that attacks a position of a post. There is a lot wrong with a reply that personally attacks the person who made a post.

Most of the bickering and fighting on here starts when someone chooses to post an insult, or ad hominem attack directed against a person, rather than the position they are taking. That will usually follow with a reply in kind and continue from there.

Eliminate the initial incivility, the rude and unsociable posts that do not address the position, but the person, and you will eliminate most of the things you need to censor.

Anyone can be a member here if they follow the rules. But nobody should be allowed to remain a member here if they cannot act like an adult and remain civil. This needs to be directed first at the person who starts the problem, by blatantly insulting another person personally. You cannot expect the insulted person to just lay down and take it. You should warn both parties, but the person who starts it should be handled the same as a person who throws a sucker punch at an unsuspecting person.

Eliminate the childish antics and attacks from some of the members on here and you will have far less to worry about censoring.

If I'm not mistaken, it's already one of the rules members need to follow to remain a member here.

Should "ants" be worried?

I cant speak for tapatalk, as I dont use it, but I dont see them in my feed unless I got into the political forum.

so if you sign out (just like you're not a member) and visit the "view new content" section which is what I do and assume most others do, this is what you see:

• Like 1

I enjoy the threads with a members hunting success story, If I come across a thread I don't care for the content I will move on to another thread. It is a bit like television programs there are some you like and some you don't.   :rolleyes:

• Like 3