Censorship

fasteddie

Geeze, I must have have missed a whole bunch of stuff... Of course, I am just a semi-senile old fart.. I just get on here because I like to talk hunting and I also enjoy having a few laughs now and then.

Take your outdated concepts and desires and go lay down for a nap. You obviously have no grasp on reality

• Like 4

honestly vjp, if you, uptownredneck and papist stopped posting anything political and stuck to guns and hunting the site would be a much nicer place. I said it, and I'll stand by it.

The political posts are civil.  The replies to them are often where the problems begin.  As long as politics affects hunters and firearms, you have to expect there to be political posts.  There isn't even concensus on this site as to what actually constitutes a political post.

The concern was brought to the owner of the site and those posts were relegated to a 2nd class position.  If that hasn't satisfied everyone, petition the owner again to take that inch of censorship and turn it into a mile.

You may hate those posts, but when you cross the line and reply with hatred of the person who made that post, you are the one in the wrong.

• Like 1

censorship we need to a point where as I have my nieces/nephews looking over/reading with me sometimes.It's not that they have never heard or read worse I just do not encourage it.These modern times have gotten way outta hand no respect to others is what it boils down to.An argument is one thing but when you have to resort to bashing people with harsh words/names then you your self should step back and rethink what is going wrong with your life.

• Like 2

so if you sign out (just like you're not a member) and visit the "view new content" section which is what I do and assume most others do, this is what you see:

More importantly, this is what new members see when they're trying to decide if they want to join the forum or not.

• Like 3

Sounds like the "View New Content" section is redundant since we already have the "Forums" section listing the latest topics posted to.  That section doesn't show the political posts either.

Sounds like we need to eliminate the "View New Content" option.

:D

16 pages in the beer thread and not even the hint of an argument yet. :good:

Not sure what's going on with the rest of the site. :drinks:

What if the bar served you a beer one minute past closing time .....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

so if you sign out (just like you're not a member) and visit the "view new content" section which is what I do and assume most others do, this is what you see:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPGattachicon.gifCapture2.JPG

Gotcha. I dont look at the site unless Im logged in, so that stuff doesnt show up. Maybe burmjohn can explain why or change that.

Tell you what I noticed shortly after joining a couple of years back. In the midst of important discussions about policy, funding, law & punishment all pertaining to hunting in one form or another certain members can not resist making an anti government or king Andy comment as if it furthers the conversation in a meaningful way. I hunt, I own guns, I am un-ashamedly a Democrat but most importantly I am from Brooklyn and have thick skin. Others are not, and potential new members may come from all walks of life even liberal hipsters who hunt in pork pie hats sporting weird goatees.

Censorship? No, but their doesn't have to be hate speak sprinkled in all the threads.

• Like 3

Gotcha. I dont look at the site unless Im logged in, so that stuff doesnt show up. Maybe burmjohn can explain why or change that.

The filters are customized. If you're not logged and viewing as a guest, no filters are applied because the site wouldn't have any of knowing what filters to apply. I don't see anyway where a new guest who doesn't have an account yet to filter threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youre being kinda vague. Do you mean they show up in tapatalk? are they showing up in your recent posts view? Help me out here and Ill see what can be done to fix it.

I've been saying it from the ghet. The "changes" that were made to the political section(whatever they may have been) had zero effect on tapatalk users. I can't speak for other platforms, but on tapatalk, I still get the annoying bombardment of political crap and I'm tired of having to filter through it, and so are a lot of members. But soon it matters not, because I'm starting to see political threads spread outside of the political forum and into guns and rifle discussions, under the pretense of how it affects gun owners, which is BS.

They show up under timeline and recent, where I think most would appreciate them not showing up.

Thanks for looking into it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 3

I've been saying it from the ghet. The "changes" that were made to the political section(whatever they may have been) had zero effect on tapatalk users. I can't speak for other platforms, but on tapatalk, I still get the annoying bombardment of political crap and I'm tired of having to filter through it, and so are a lot of members. But soon it matters not, because I'm starting to see political threads spread outside of the political forum and into guns and rifle discussions, under the pretense of how it affects gun owners, which is BS.

They show up under timeline and recent, where I think most would appreciate them not showing up.

Thanks for looking into it.

Why don't you just mark that thread as read and move on with your life much like any other uninterested individual may do?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 1

Why don't you just mark that thread as read and move on with your life much like any other uninterested individual may do?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Because I don't want to. Why should I have to constantly mark threads as read in a hunting forum that's bombarded by Islam news, or immigrant news, or Oregon ranch news, the stock market is going to crash or the many other non-hunting related crap. If I wanted to join a forum about world politics, and the doom of the US, I would have searched those forums out.

Tell you what I noticed shortly after joining a couple of years back. In the midst of important discussions .....pertaining to hunting in one form or another certain members can not resist making an anti government or king Andy comment as if it furthers the conversation in a meaningful way. 

And some of them and some others work at undermining any effort by others to effect meaningful change. 

I was not one of the smart kids in school. But I wasn't one of the arses sitting in the back disrupting the class. Many of the outspoken hunters probably were those kids - interfering with every one else's learning so they can run their mouths.

Another thing Vic, I have been trying to teach you down state guys as well as others, that these state organizations and rod and gun and fish and game clubs, these federations and theses councils aren't comprised of some wise old hunters.

If you take pictures of these groups ( and I have pictures) and put them alongside the women auxiliary club or the rotary club or some bar, you cant tell the difference.

These organizations don't shoot or hunt as much as they hold dinners , drink at their private bars, hold bake sales - yet the politicians visit these clubs and take their input on hunting matters. I got pics with various politicians at these clubs - "talking to Fred and  Mable about important hunting legislation"...

Yes, they own a house on 5 acres on a county road and have a shooting shed and a food plot and kill a deer in their back yard, but they aint hunters and have no business controlling hunting policy..... But it works for the politicians... I even think it works for the DEC to an extent. 

• Like 1