Censorship

fasteddie

Everything in this state and this country is political. Ignore the politics and you ignore the reality. Dismiss the politics and you concede your voice. Stifle the discussion of politics and you will eventually lose everything this site is about. Awareness is only painful to a closed mind, but it's essential to our future.

*The use of "You" and "Your" are not directed to any specific person. If the symptoms of a reality check last more than four hours, you're welcome.

Listen, I deal with our state Legislators every week, have you even ever written one letter? . Prior to delving into the dove initiative, I dealt with politicians who politically, ideologically, arbitrarily and capriciously decide  what science they like and do not like.

Treat  your discontent with politicians like your sexuality, keep it to yourself, nobody really cares. You voice it at the polls , not everywhere. That you are "proud" of hating democrats , liberals, or the other wing, doesn't interest people with half a brain, and does nothing toward any solution, improvement, or compromise...

Awareness? The awareness starts with the facts, not with politics. You got it in reverse order. Instead of judging the facts on the politician, judge the politician on the facts. 

Edited by mike rossi
  • Like 4

What some here do not seem to be able to comprehend it is the "BOARD OWNER" not the members who dictates it's rules, it is apparent he decided that there is going to be a place on this board for politics like it or not. 

What the heck is the big deal here, do not go to the politics section if you do not like it!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

What is going on in this thread? Have you people lost your minds? I mean take a look at some of the crap you all are posting here. Some of you don't need moderators, you really need babysitters. Get a grip people and try to get out of the flaming mindset and get back to some rough form of civility if you can. You are embarrassing yourselves.

• Like 6

Well, you know, I am sorry, but I just don't like the new and upcoming repetitive refrain that without following politics you are in the dark. It is a clever excuse that "sounds good" but is very misleading.. 

When I post info on here pertaining to things policy makers are up to, which are hunting-related, much of it is ignored. When it is not ignored, some of the engagement emphasizes partisan-ism without any real connection to the subject matter.

So, not only is this site heavy in partisan content in its respective forum, but it is introduced into nearly every other topic. 

As others have alluded in this thread over and over, this is suppose to be a hunting site. As such, it is reasonable to expect everyone on here is interested in hunting. In reality that  is not the case. But those of us who are, should be able to have hunting-related conversions which are not diverted. 

In the broader picture, even outside of this site, this is part of the hunting culture.  But I don't think it is either fair or realistic to expect people who are hardcore hunters to never lash out at interruptions and diversions. Maintain that one-sided standard and the forum will eventually be comprised of nothing but what is in the political section.

• Like 2

I Believe there are a few people that need to start their own site. In this they can set up rules to maintain the exact type of poster /hunter they think are worthy.Except or decline memberships wanted and feel better.

Again this site was set up by one person and as far as I can see he seems to be ok with who is here and site traffic,I do not see nor have I ever seen where he has required assistance in deciding the type of Hunter that participates here.

• Like 3

I Believe there are a few people that need to start their own site. In this they can set up rules to maintain the exact type of poster /hunter they think are worthy.Except or decline memberships wanted and feel better.

Again this site was set up by one person and as far as I can see he seems to be ok with who is here and site traffic,I do not see nor have I ever seen where he has required assistance in deciding the type of Hunter that participates here.

True. But some of us have also helped him pay our money to help him defer some of the costs on this site because at one time it was the best place to go on the net. I dont care about politics or religion on here..Dont want to read it then dont click on it..But the few on here that ruin it with their name calling and Fu2k Y#u pictures thrown up because of their envy and jealousy and they cant handle what they are being told is gone a bit far. Same names on every thread that gets derailed into pissing matches.

It is his site to do what he will and $15 a year for the last few years did not break me or make him rich but it will be my last. 

Its like Uncle Ted said around here...Its a free for All. I brought up WNY because even though we have had our times and he has had times with a few on here, When the name calling and childish vulgar pics came in he dealt with them and let ya know about it.

Maybe the Mod's on here need to do a bit more?  I would love a term at it on here for awhile thats for sure.

Pretty soon people will be wanting only threads related to their particular weapon of choice or animal of choice. It's never ending for some who will never be satisfied. This site is set up so that you can go directly to the particular subject you are interested in with a click of the mouse... and still there are those that continue to click on a thread they are not interested in and complain that it is somehow disrupting their forum experience. If anything on here upsets you so much that you need to spend time lobbying to change it, rather than go elsewhere... you might want to try a forum that discusses social disorders and the inability to play well with others. If everyone acted like adults, there would be no need for moderators. But, name calling, profanity and complaining seem to be the order of the day for some.

• Like 4

I went to a steakhouse last night. I was really in the mood for a Delmonico. Well, Im looking at all the different steaks on the menu when I noticed, on the back page, way at the bottom…..FISH!!! Well of course I had to order it even though I wanted steak. I complained to the manager and asked why I was being forced to eat fish in a steakhouse, and he looked at me like I had two heads! What a jerk!!

Crazy huh??

Edited by ants
  • Like 4

More than one person on this site has said they follow posts because they want to watch a fight. So we have non- hunters not interested in the subject, trolling to  entertain other non-hunters who also are not interested in the subject.

These sort of  attention seekers are encouraged by a willing audience and bring the thread around in an almost endless  circle until someone doesn't want to play anymore. 

By the time the post is rested, most of the substantial information within the thread is lost or conflated. That makes some Mr. Cheese happy,he wins in his mind, smiles and logs off.  

What some here do not seem to be able to comprehend it is the "BOARD OWNER" not the members who dictates it's rules, it is apparent he decided that there is going to be a place on this board for politics like it or not. 

What the heck is the big deal here, do not go to the politics section if you do not like it!

Al

Symptomatic problem in this nation. Some don't have the self control to just avoid something themselves or just plain don't agree with it. So rather than just avoiding it and making their personal decision they require it be "legislated"' out of existence. 

There is a huge difference between censoring incivility and profanity, and censoring entire posts because they are personally intolerable.

The people that create most of the incivility in the political threads are the ones who want them eliminated.  There's a huge tantrum going on there with snide replies to posts and PM complaints to mods to kill that forum.  Very much like children running to mommy when their sibling tells them to stay out of their room.  Also very much like many American citizens demand things change to suit their desires by attacking freedom from every angle possible.

It's a police state mentality that tries to accomplish goals by nagging authority to do something about it, freedom and liberty be damned.  It's a "If I don't like it, I'll kick and scream until I get my way" social style.

Personally, I believe you are free to act that way if you feel the need to.  If authority actually capitulates because of it, they do not do their position any service.

Everyone here needs to act like adults, post opinions but remain civil, contribute what they feel is of value, ignore what they do not think is valuable and stop crying like babies if things don't go their way.

Asking the mods to censor anything other than incivility and profanity is simply facist.  Lets not go down that path, as it doesn't serve anybody well.

I don't know how many times I need to say it, this is not a government forum. The constitution doesn't apply here. Whatever the owner of the private forum wants is what will happen. If he "censors" the political forum, that's his call and you can't call the ACLU and get it overturned.

Of course I shouldn't expect you to understand. I guess I just wonder what you really think you and your 2 musketeers are accomplishing by cutting and pasting?

• Like 1

This is a great time to remind folks they can block whom ever they like, I have a member on block and only see his posts when I'm not logged into the site. Makes life a little better.

maybe someone can help me out. Can I block a section from not coming up in my feed? Seeing as the owner said he would do this and it's never been done?

maybe someone can help me out. Can I block a section from not coming up in my feed? Seeing as the owner said he would do this and it's never been done?

Is your computer set up so that political topics automatically pop up and open as soon as you log in?? Or do you have to go to the political section and then choose one of the topics.

Buzz, Your opinion is noted, but incorrect.  It was the start of censorship and demanded by a few.

the simple length of this thread should be fact enough to you that more than a few are bothered by the cut and paste bombardment. This isn't a political forum where one party is trying to censor the other. This is a hunting forum with a good many of us sick of politics overwhelming the site.

This isn't a high school government class or a civics class. It's a place for hunters to escape to and enjoy when they're at work or places where they can't be hunting. I am very politically involved, not wanting to talk about politics all day long isn't a bad thing, or evidence of our countries demise. There's a thread here where a good many votes of why people hunt was for their desire to "get away" and "enjoy nature". I don't think about gay rights, abortion and tax rates when I'm in the stand; do you?

• Like 1

I would never ask for censorship.  But I know since the political threads were moved out of the forums the MODS were getting PM'd by people who wanted that to happen.

Go back and read my posts in this thread.   I cannot state things I believe any plainer.  I can only assume I'm getting snide replies because I have hit on the truth some people want to conceal.

maybe you missed my screenshots. they were never moved. never happened.

Mike I'll agree with you on that..though not non hunters...I have gotten sucked into it admittedly,refusing to let an attack go unanswered.I've watched the same thing go on with other posters as well.

I'm unable to quote at the moment,but have said,I can make a dozen good posts with little response.Then have one person think something as controversial or God forbid taken the wrong way ...the attacks are unleashed. Doesn't help when the resident one liner pot stirring few chime in. Posters shouldn't have to fend off attacks for giving opinions period.All that said,nothing is going to change.Personalities are what they are and for the most,they can't see their own traits. Now mind you for the record,I do not exclude my self in this.

Though I do stay out of posts,threads I either have no interest in or have little knowledge of.Now I will say the latter,is due to ask the wrong question or comment and it's a guaranteed belittling on the horizon..A Fact that I have seen happen to others here more than once..with a few no returns...

I sometimes wonder, if these conversations were held in person, would they denigrate into the childish name calling and posturing that seems to take over so many threads. Maybe,maybe not. Perhaps it's easier to sit behind a keypad and just say whatever pops in to your head. Without having to look someone in the eye and see where they may be coming from on any given issue. And perhaps find a common ground? Or agree to disagree? I'm old enough to remember the time before keypads. And I don't remember people being so regularly confrontational speaking face to face,eye to eye.

When coming on this "hunting forum" do you ask yourself a question? Do I want to contribute hunting related information or just argue with someone? I think there are some that are much better at arguing than hunting.

• Like 5

Well, you know, I am sorry, but I just don't like the new and upcoming repetitive refrain that without following politics you are in the dark. It is a clever excuse that "sounds good" but is very misleading.. 

When I post info on here pertaining to things policy makers are up to, which are hunting-related, much of it is ignored. When it is not ignored, some of the engagement emphasizes partisan-ism without any real connection to the subject matter.

So, not only is this site heavy in partisan content in its respective forum, but it is introduced into nearly every other topic. 

As others have alluded in this thread over and over, this is suppose to be a hunting site. As such, it is reasonable to expect everyone on here is interested in hunting. In reality that  is not the case. But those of us who are, should be able to have hunting-related conversions which are not diverted. 

In the broader picture, even outside of this site, this is part of the hunting culture.  But I don't think it is either fair or realistic to expect people who are hardcore hunters to never lash out at interruptions and diversions. Maintain that one-sided standard and the forum will eventually be comprised of nothing but what is in the political section.

I'm not really into dove hunting, but everything you do that's political is what I believe the political section was for. I haven't seen and don't see anyone complaining about hunting related politics. Keep up the good fight.

• Like 4

Is your computer set up so that political topics automatically pop up and open as soon as you log in?? Or do you have to go to the political section and then choose one of the topics.

they show up in my "view new content" feed. I know I'm not the only one who views the forum this way.

• Like 2

they show up in my "view new content" feed. I know I'm not the only one who views the forum this way.

Do you still have to click on it to open it and read it?? Mine is set up so you have to go to the political section and then open it.

Grampy,let me answer that and say why. No these conversations would not go this far down the rabbit hole. Here is why,most would be either private or amongst a small group.Body and facial language could be read and processed.Including a need in departure or resolution. Here when an attack is made it is not private,it's viewed by hundreds. People tend to surmise the out come of an unanswered attack as having some base of fact. It is instinctual to fend off attackers.

IE..take 2 dogs,they have interacted with no problem...then one day something prompts a fight. It is a guarantee that those 2 dogs will eventually fight again. Then said fights will increase upon contact. Why? Because they remember and will always be looking for any indication they are about to be attacked...sometimes resulting in the initiation of said attack.

Edited by growalot

Treat  your discontent with politicians like your sexuality, keep it to yourself, nobody really cares. You voice it at the polls , not everywhere. That you are "proud" of hating democrats , liberals, or the other wing, doesn't interest people with half a brain, and does nothing toward any solution, improvement, or compromise...

Awareness? The awareness starts with the facts, not with politics. You got it in reverse order. Instead of judging the facts on the politician, judge the politician on the facts. 

This is exactly what I wanted to convey, and you said it perfectly!

• Like 1

Grampy,let me answer that and say why. No these conversations would not go this far down the rabbit hole. Here is why,most would be either private or amongst a small group.Body and facial language could be read and processed.Including a need in departure or resolution. Here when an attack is made it is not private,it's viewed by hundreds. People tend to surmise the out come of an unanswered attack as having some base of fact. It is instinctual to fend off attackers.

IE..take 2 dogs,they have interacted with no problem...then one day something prompts a fight. It is a guarantee that those 2 dogs will eventually fight again. Then said fights will increase upon contact. Why? Because they remember and will always be looking for any indication they are about to be attacked...sometimes resulting in the initiation of said attack.

also, how would some members copy and paste links in person?

• Like 1