Censorship

fasteddie

For me, if I were having some issue with a small minor section of this entire site, I would simply not access it rather than taking 8 pages to whine about it.

I guess I am hearing that there are a few that have some kind of access system that lists all the new discussions of all sections of the site, and for some reason this is a terrible problem that forces them to open and read threads that are in that section. Frankly, it really sounds like a tempest in a teapot and more of a self-control problem. Certainly not something of the magnitude that requires shutting down what appears to be a very popular part of this site.

No the real problem is that people lack the self control to stop reading the threads that are in that sub-forum. And now they are complaining about a problem that really amounts to their own personal decisions. As far as I know there is no system that automatically makes you open and read any of the posts. So if you are even aware of what is going on in that section of this site, it is because you purposely opened that sub-forum and the thread, and read it. You did it voluntarily.

So if "Gun & Hunting Laws & Politic Discussions" is wounding some of you members to the extent stated here, I have one simple piece of advice that keeps everybody happy. Stay the hell out of there! Its really no bigger problem than you each individually make of it.

• Like 7

What you explained Doc, as well as this whole thread clearly demonstrates is the liberal mindset. "If I am afraid of something or don't like something I best make a law against it." Case in point the stupid ass unsafe act. Oh no those hunting rifles are terrifying I best ban all of them becsuse they look scary. And that is exactly what is going on with the requests of some namby pamby members here, who don't enjoy the political threads so we should outright ban them. Here's an idea...LEAVE THE FORUM IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! I promise you, you won't be missed.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 4

What you explained Doc, as well as this whole thread clearly demonstrates is the liberal mindset. "If I am afraid of something or don't like something I best make a law against it." Case in point the stupid ass unsafe act. Oh no those hunting rifles are terrifying I best ban all of them becsuse they look scary. And that is exactly what is going on with the requests of some namby pamby members here, who don't enjoy the political threads so we should outright ban them. Here's an idea...LEAVE THE FORUM IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! I promise you, you won't be missed.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

but what if it has nothing to do with a liberal mindset? What if even gun owning conservatives like myself just want to talk about hunting? What if we're generally concerned about being associated with right wing extremists?

And to Doc and others, please use some of your own advice. If you don't want to come into this thread to hear people bitching, then just skip right past it. Isn't that what you're telling everyone else?

What If I started a new daily post on matchbox cars? Could you all really just skip on past it?

• Like 1

but what if it has nothing to do with a liberal mindset? What if even gun owning conservatives like myself just want to talk about hunting? What if we're generally concerned about being associated with right wing extremists?

And to Doc and others, please use some of your own advice. If you don't want to come into this thread to hear people bitching, then just skip right past it. Isn't that what you're telling everyone else?

What If I started a new daily post on matchbox cars? Could you all really just skip on past it?

Yes. And you should do the same with the political posts. I don't click on 2/3 of the topics on this site, because most of them don't interest me. You choose to search out topics, you don't like, and then complain about them. Its nonsense. There are a ton of members here who you will never see responding to a political topic. Thats how you handle topics you don't care for.

• Like 2

Well with Doc being a Moderator here I can see why he would have to read this thread even it it is bothersome. 

• Like 2

I personally could because I think matchbox cars are for little toddlers and I am completely disinterested in them. Similarly to how I skip over shed hunting threads one can skip over the political or otherwise uninteresting threads

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 1

Hey I happen to enjoy matchbox toys and others toys infact.Also matchboxes/cars are not for toddlers to many small parts they could swallow.I do know when I come on this site it brings myself to the index not the new content page.

A person has to scroll past 37 hunting related headings, before they get far enough down the list to click on the political section. THIRTY SEVEN!! Think If anyone reads the political posts, its because they want to.

Just saying….

• Like 1

• Be respectful, do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, contain curses, or otherwise violate of any laws
  • All posts should be and remain courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in this forum, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team). Phrases such as "shut up, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Please, remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.

I guess those parts of the rules don't matter anymore because I have and continue to see that kind of thing in the politics section on a daily basis. Its not the section, its the unregulated content. Many, if not all, who have complained about the thought of loosing the section have violated the rules (as have I) on many occasions.

It would be great to have a political section that actually discussed politics in a adult manner, unfortunately most threads have the wheels fall off within three post's.

• Like 1

Here's a suggestion.  Break up the political section into three sections.  One that is strictly hunting laws, a second that is strictly gun laws, and the third as other random politics.

Right now, with all hunting laws, gun laws, and politics in one section, I'm compelled to read the politics section because I don't want to miss out any changes to hunting regulations and discussion for it.  By breaking it up, I can apply a filter for all the other stuff and still keep abreast of hunting regulations and proposed changes.  Even if you don't apply filters, you can skip over the other politics section entirely if you want.

This may not help new and guest users or tapatalk users which can't take advantage of filters but it'll help the others.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

A person has to scroll past 37 hunting related headings, before they get far enough down the list to click on the political section. THIRTY SEVEN!! Think If anyone reads the political posts, its because they want to.

Just saying….

There's a reason why your posts have been ignored. You've posted the same thing 4-5 times in this single thread, and ignored. Do you not get a clue? You can't seem to put yourself in other's shoes, no matter how many times its explained. The only one that I can see has the intelligence to comprehend what some of us are trying to convey is NYBH, even though he doesn't use what we use, he has an open mind in this issue.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

You need to figure out what a stalker is.Now I have not followed you around to nearly every one of your posts...I do not go to your topics and say nasty, derogatory things.Sound familiar? Hhhmmm.

This thread was started by Fast Eddie and I, like many others have been posting our opinions.Now you, have a choice...read and then post relevant statements or read and move on..The fact you did neither, reveals a inability of self control. This is very relevant to the conversation. It has been the main issue of the topic

Edited by growalot
  • Like 3

There's a reason why your posts have been ignored. You've posted the same thing 4-5 times in this single thread, and ignored. Do you not get a clue? You can't seem to put yourself in other's shoes, no matter how many times its explained. The only one that I can see has the intelligence to comprehend what some of us are trying to convey is NYBH, even though he doesn't use what we use, he has an open mind in this issue.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I posted 4 or 5 times because no one will answer, why some one would intentionally go to the political site, open a topic and then get all bent about it. Why not just skip it??  And yes, I get that you don't want the site to be associated with the far right , but a person still has to go look for the political topics.

Do you understand my question??

And I got more than a few likes on my posts, so a lot of people are wondering the same thing I am. What names are you going to call those people??   

Edited by ants