Want to buy some .300 WBY

Marion

No gun is fun at the range. I only go to the range before a trip. If you mean kick-wise, it's in a lead sled so it doesn't matter what I'm shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, you need to spend some quality time with a 223, 243, 260 etc......

Lead sled?  No thanks..........

• Like 1

Oh my, you need to spend some quality time with a 223, 243, 260 etc......

Lead sled? No thanks..........

Lead sled proves where I'm hitting with a perfect rest. Not going to sight in off my knee or offhand. This way when I'm hunting I have no excuse to miss unless I messed up and couldn't hold steady.

As a kid, I use to go woodchuck shooting at a few farms with a 22-250 (weatherby of course), but I haven't done that in probably 20 years or so. Like I said, I have no urge to shoot targets for fun. It's boring. I've had my handgun for 10 years and only shot it 1 day, probably 8-10 rounds and that was it.

Warm weather is time for other fun activities, not a shooting range for me

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Well this gun will be fun to shoot. I have a pair of testicles so a little recoil will not scare me. My next rifle, probably a 6mm.300wby mag will probably be my target gun. Just gotta start saving up. It will either be money towards an engagement ring or a sweet new rifle for me in the next few years. Depends how good the lady is.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Edited by The Jerkman
  • Like 1

Just gotta start saving up. It will either be money towards an engagement ring or a sweet new rifle for me in the next few years. Depends how good the lady is.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

I remember all the stuff I bought before that ring. .. table saws, tools, scopes, rifles,muzzleloaders, tractors,atvs,etc. Once you commit that play money dissappears somewhere...still can't figure it out

• Like 1

I remember all the stuff I bought before that ring. .. table saws, tools, scopes, rifles,muzzleloaders, tractors,atvs,etc. Once you commit that play money dissappears somewhere...still can't figure it out

luckily for me she's in no rush at the moment. I can still buy some time for all my expensive toys at least for a year or two more

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 1

Same.

Went to AZ in Feb and Oct of 2012 for Mt Lion.

Went to Ontario March of 2012 for Wolf.

Went to WY in Oct 2012 for Mule Deer and Antelope.

Went to MN Dec 2012 for Bobcat.

Engaged Aug 2013.

Went to BC Dec 2013 for Lynx.

Then came house, wedding, honeymoon, etc.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Same.

Went to AZ in Feb and Oct of 2012 for Mt Lion.

Went to Ontario March of 2012 for Wolf.

Went to WY in Oct 2012 for Mule Deer and Antelope.

Went to MN Dec 2012 for Bobcat.

Engaged Aug 2013.

Went to BC Dec 2013 for Lynx.

Then came house, wedding, honeymoon, etc.

how much vacation were you saving up?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

how much vacation were you saving up?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

None. I get 29 days per year plus 10 holidays. The December into Jan trips were over New Years. Never called out sick in my professional career- I use my sick days in advance as vacation days. I carry 0 total days over each year.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

29 days a year? What the hell do you do? I get 2 weeks vacation 10 stock holidays and 5 sick

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Work at a law firm. All of them are 23 vaca and 6 sick days after 1 year of service. It just never increases until 15 years then you get 5 more.

Your allowed to carry over 20 max, so a few guys I work with have 54 days for 2016. That will never be me. I use it all ever year, down to the last day. Only allowed 2 in Nov and 2 in Dec which sucks for hunting purposes.

Most people I know who work for banks or hospitals get a ton of time too. My bro is almost done with pharm school and they get an insane amount of time off.

I think state and county workers get a ton too, but the pay sucks.

No hunting trips in 2016 for me, but I went to Cali in January, got Costa Rica in April for Bach Party, OC MD in June for Bach Party, Cali in July, and a few weekends in Boston. Maybe Caribbean in October. The wife only gets 3 weeks so she can't do as much as me.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Lead sled proves where I'm hitting with a perfect rest. Not going to sight in off my knee or offhand. This way when I'm hunting I have no excuse to miss unless I messed up and couldn't hold steady.

As a kid, I use to go woodchuck shooting at a few farms with a 22-250 (weatherby of course), but I haven't done that in probably 20 years or so. Like I said, I have no urge to shoot targets for fun. It's boring. I've had my handgun for 10 years and only shot it 1 day, probably 8-10 rounds and that was it.

Warm weather is time for other fun activities, not a shooting range for me

Tommy, I'm an advocator of shooting, shooting, and more shooting. I know you've made some shots out west that really reached out there, probably more so than anyone that hunts NY exclusively would ever dream of making, but shooting and getting familiar with your firearms is paramount to accuracy and safety.

With that said, I always try to practice like I'm hunting, and hunt like I'm practicing. Aside from bench rest shooting to develop a load, I try to shoot free-hand as often as I can.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 3

Getting married didn't stop me from buying toys.  Having children does.  Hard for me to justify dropping thousands on a rifle and then turn around and complain about it isn't worth the money to send a 2 year old to school.

• Like 2

The Jerkman, on 18 Feb 2016 - 9:12 PM, said:

Well this gun will be fun to shoot. I have a pair of testicles so a little recoil will not scare me. My next rifle, probably a 6mm.300wby mag will probably be my target gun. Just gotta start saving up. It will either be money towards an engagement ring or a sweet new rifle for me in the next few years. Depends how good the lady is.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Get the rifle.

• Like 2

Jerkman...I was over in Elkland, PA tonite and stopped in Biekirch's Gun Shop to pick up a can of powder. While I was there, I checked out the factory loads to see if they had any .300 Wby ammo for ya.

They had  .300 Win, .300 WSM, and even some .300 RUM, but they didn't have a single box of .300 WBY.

I figured that must be  the "good hunters" had bought them all up..<<wink>>...

• Like 2

Jerkman...I was over in Elkland, PA tonite and stopped in Biekirch's Gun Shop to pick up a can of powder. While I was there, I checked out the factory loads to see if they had any .300 Wby ammo for ya.

They had .300 Win, .300 WSM, and even some .300 RUM, but they didn't have a single box of .300 WBY.

I figured that must be the "good hunters" had bought them all up..<<wink>>...

What gun shop doesn't have weatherby ammo? Must be a dump or the best stuff sells out quick.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Elkland you said? Yikes. Does that gun shop take food stamps?

The median income for a household in the borough was $26,034, and the median income for a family was $33,523. Males had a median income of $26,983 versus $20,743 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $14,470. About 7.6% of families and 15.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.3% of those under age 18 and 11.0% of those age 65 or over.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Well  Biz, you gotta consider that this shop is in Pennsyltucky, and is kinda BACKWARD like  upstate NY rather than being on the cutting edge like your shops down there in Westchester...

Actually, all they REALLY had there was black powder and round balls.

• Like 3

Well Biz, you gotta consider that this shop is in Pennsyltucky, and is kinda BACKWARD like upstate NY rather than being on the cutting edge like your shops down there in Westchester...

Actually, all they REALLY had there was black powder and round balls.

I'm not gonna lie. Always had a thing for white trash girls. Whenever I would go to Pulaski to fish during salmon season, I would always hit up the local bars for strange puss

I'm not gonna lie. Always had a thing for white trash girls. Whenever I would go to Pulaski to fish during salmon season, I would always hit up the local bars for strange puss

All you have to do is take them some place fancy like Olive Garden and you're in.

• Like 2