What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

27 minutes ago, crappyice said:

That’s like hanging out outside a strip joint watching the “ladies” come to work!?!
What’s in there!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, mowin said:

And whats cooking?

Beef roast g/f wanted me to smoke instead of crockpot.marinated overnight in Worcestershire, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.threw some poke chops on too.smellin good!!!

20210117_161530.jpg

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, onlybrowning said:

721a33ff03b68ba9e1fd584ae7b8ecc6.jpg
Went with hickory. Glad I did. Not too smoky at all. 25lbs is a lot summer sausage! Of course I ate all the “belly buttons” when I was slicing them up for the vacuum sealer.

Where do you live? Lol

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Mama Crappy just said, “looks like you need to clean the smoker already.”
“Nah,” I reply. “That’s flavor.”
She literally laughed out loud and said, “clearly some guy made that rule up.”

Lol...  that is seasoning that adds flavor each time you use it.  I do recommend wiping any food stuff that might get on the sides. Definitely clean the grates and bottom of the pit though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crappyice said:

efaa5419ea39550fe0b6f2669d97303e.jpg

Cooked much faster than I expected -225 and the brisket came off after 6 hours...boneless pork butt after 8 super tender and yummy

Brisket in 6 hrs...  thats fast..  how big was the brisket, temp? Looks fantastic. 

Edited by mowin

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

Built a UDS smoker and will never go back to anything else. Here’s some Comp style ribs I did yesterday 

A2F67829-B61E-4A97-9008-6F5ED521E4AE.jpeg

69367432-781A-4F8F-BA2D-DFF09D9B58CA.jpeg

DF16C906-05F1-4330-A6E6-7787CD34A9C2.jpeg

Oh yes those are winners! I can feel that magic flex just buy seeing this picture. Shrunk about a quarter inch up the bone oh yeah!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruno1 said:

Built a UDS smoker and will never go back to anything else. Here’s some Comp style ribs I did yesterday 

A2F67829-B61E-4A97-9008-6F5ED521E4AE.jpeg

69367432-781A-4F8F-BA2D-DFF09D9B58CA.jpeg

DF16C906-05F1-4330-A6E6-7787CD34A9C2.jpeg

Id give them a 10 if I could taste them, lol.

Never used a UDS. But have heard great things about them. 

Have to get out my reverse flow soon. Need some smoke therapy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Id give them a 10 if I could taste them, lol.

Never used a UDS. But have heard great things about them. 

Have to get out my reverse flow soon. Need some smoke therapy.  

I’ve always been curious about reverse flow smokers. I actually sold 3 UDS smokers I’ve built for some people over the last few weeks

5 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

I’ve always been curious about reverse flow smokers. I actually sold 3 UDS smokers I’ve built for some people over the last few weeks

I love my 250 gal reverse flow.  Holds temps within 10° from right to left.  Yes I need to add splits every 30 to 45 minutes,  but the quality of the meat is second to none.   Dont get me wrong.  I love my pellet proper. Turn it on and go to bed and my brisket, or pork but is about ready to be wrapped around 7am when I get up. But the smoke flavor, even with  smoke tube just isn't the same flavor profile as the stick burner with 3 yr old seasoned wood. 

21 hours ago, mowin said:

I love my 250 gal reverse flow.  Holds temps within 10° from right to left.  Yes I need to add splits every 30 to 45 minutes,  but the quality of the meat is second to none.   Dont get me wrong.  I love my pellet proper. Turn it on and go to bed and my brisket, or pork but is about ready to be wrapped around 7am when I get up. But the smoke flavor, even with  smoke tube just isn't the same flavor profile as the stick burner with 3 yr old seasoned wood. 

Did you build that?

• 3 weeks later...