What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

9 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

How do you cook your stuffed mushrooms, mowin?

I simply remove the stems and carefully scrap out the "gills".  

My filling is either a simple cream cheese,  garlic, shredded parm,  or a more flavorful, cream cheese, Italian sausage crumbles (or bacon pieces) , blue cheese, garlic with a piece of X sharp cheese on top.

Smoke for 2 to 3 hrs at 225° for 3 hrs. Depending on the color.  Sometimes I'll pre cook bacon in a skillet, to render out the fat, and top them with bacon. 

• Like 1

Got a "remember this day 3 yrs ago" notification on my phone the other day. It was a recipe I don't even remember seeing, let alone saving.  

However, it looked fantastic. 

So, core out a whole onion. 

Stuffing is 50/50 beef and sweet Italian sausage with diced pepper and your favorite rub.

Line the bowl of the onion with the meat mixture.  Place a few cubes of you favorite cheese(I used smoked pepper jack), then cover with the meat mixture. Place more cheese on top, wrap with bacon, sprinkle with some more rub. Smoked a 225° for 2.5 hrs, then coated with bbq sauce for the last 30 minutes.  

Fantastic..

20210424_140046.jpg

8 hours ago, mowin said:

Got a "remember this day 3 yrs ago" notification on my phone the other day. It was a recipe I don't even remember seeing, let alone saving.  

However, it looked fantastic. 

So, core out a whole onion. 

Stuffing is 50/50 beef and sweet Italian sausage with diced pepper and your favorite rub.

Line the bowl of the onion with the meat mixture.  Place a few cubes of you favorite cheese(I used smoked pepper jack), then cover with the meat mixture. Place more cheese on top, wrap with bacon, sprinkle with some more rub. Smoked a 225° for 2.5 hrs, then coated with bbq sauce for the last 30 minutes.  

Fantastic..

20210424_140046.jpg

This might have been me.  Lol. Love bacon onion bombs. I've made them a few times and posted . Really good stuff. Those look fabulous.

6 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

Anybody ever try competing in SCA events. Doing my first comp in 2 weeks

I'm too chicken to do it, but I'd be a helper on a team in a heartbeat.  That way if we flopped, it wasn't my fault, lol. Where is the SCA event?  And most importantly what are you cooking on and what are you cooking? 

Good luck. Post pics of the trophy. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 6:51 PM, mowin said:

I'm too chicken to do it, but I'd be a helper on a team in a heartbeat.  That way if we flopped, it wasn't my fault, lol. Where is the SCA event?  And most importantly what are you cooking on and what are you cooking? 

Good luck. Post pics of the trophy. 

The SCA (steak cookoff association) is a ribeye comp. They supply you with the steaks so it’s a fair playing field. I’m nervous AF to do it but have to much invested to turn back now lol. I’ll be cooking on a PK 360 with B&B charcoal 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bruno1 said:

The SCA (steak cookoff association) is a ribeye comp. They supply you with the steaks so it’s a fair playing field. I’m nervous AF to do it but have to much invested to turn back now lol. I’ll be cooking on a PK 360 with B&B charcoal 

I don't blame you to be nervous AF. I'd be shaking like a bowl of jello. 

You've got a great pit. Heard nothing but great reviews on PK pits. B&B is the choice of bbq pros.

I'd be happy to place next to last, lol. Here's hoping your in the top 10. 

I'm pulling for you. Like I said I'm way to scared to even enter any event. 

I can cook a whole hog for a wedding reception,  but anything competition wise has me shaking in my boots.

Edited by mowin