What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

• 3 weeks later...

18lb(after trimming) prime brisket all seasoned for a bbq tomorrow.   Going on the Pell grill around midnight. I'll transfer it to the stick burner tomorrow morning around 6 for the final 6 hrs or so. 

IMG_20210903_143816759.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Who are you kidding? those won't last a week! Lol!

Lol. I sealed and froze them.  It a good lunch to slice those up with some cheese and crackers in between the am and pm sits.  Plus I will make a smoked sausage and cannelli bean soup this fall.  But....a couple of pieces never made the freezer. Lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol. I sealed and froze them.  It a good lunch to slice those up with some cheese and crackers in between the am and pm sits.  Plus I will make a smoked sausage and cannelli bean soup this fall.  But....a couple of pieces never made the freezer. Lol

Do you vacuum seal them then freeze

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s in there Rob? Cheddar? Jalapeño? If not keep that in mind for next time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was just smoked sausage with Amish smoked sausage spices.  

I did also make a batch of cracked pepper and jalapeno too last fall. And that was my favorite of the year. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s in there Rob? Cheddar? Jalapeño? If not keep that in mind for next time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm changing up my strategy for this season.  Since I've lost my best spot I'm expecting to get one deer and not three. Lol. So I am going to take all my grind and make that into venison bacon burgers to seal up in packs.  Will use 3lbs of bacon emds and pieces to 10 lbs of ground. It comes out great and is my favorite for burgers. 

I have a bunch of sausage spices and I actually prefer just pork in sausage anyway. So this winter right after deer season I am going to make my own apple breakfast, moonshine breakfast (spices from Walton's) and then make some rope  jalepeno and cracked pepper.  

If you make jalepeno add in a 1/2 bottle of green Tabasco. It gives it a great jalepeno flavor without being too hot. 

• Like 2