What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wild turkey bites , dry rubbed , dab of onion chive cream cheese and bacon , cashews sautéed in dry rub n butter. 24fe55277bfc70ef03e5510bba10704b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat idea for wild turkey.  Gonna have to steal this from ya...:drinks:

Neat idea for wild turkey.  Gonna have to steal this from ya...:drinks:

Have been doing venison bites like this for years. Taco Tim put a twist on it and I followed suit. Jalapeño cream cheese sometimes and sometimes a slice of water chestnut too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Have been doing venison bites like this for years. Taco Tim put a twist on it and I followed suit. Jalapeño cream cheese sometimes and sometimes a slice of water chestnut too.

So how do you build those?  Doesn't the cream cheese melt out during the smoking? 

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

So how do you build those?  Doesn't the cream cheese melt out during the smoking? 

Cut into bite sized pieces , dry rub , dab of cream cheese , 1/3 piece of bacon tooth picked. Nope , at 225 cream cheese doesn’t melt out , warm but fine if bacon wrapped fairly tight and tooth picked 

6 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Keep trying to get a pic of the smoke. 13mph "breeze" is not cooperating with me. Best I have been able to get.
Smells great though. 235e4c158852dcc17d5aa21792fcd627.jpg7a9328f86d1159d9cfa70ddf64553513.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I see TBS.   

Three top eye round roasts apx 5# each, and two pork loin at about the same. Going to try posting a pic...

Forgot to mention wood chips, hickory and cherry.

.6dfe089c9337bbce52b7f6258e70f3ac.jpg&key=203ab56cce3eae3c07c3bbf3f43ef06f3bef7b9db4d6138939d93990f3af5a24

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just put a pork shoulder on the smoker. Smoking with apple wood. Put a dry rub on it consisting of salt pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flake, thyme, oregano, chili powder, Cajun shake, and brown sugar. Smoking at 250 degrees for a couple hours then into the crock pot for pulled pork with either sweet baby ray's or Stubb's.

• Like 4

Finished.  

Wife surprised me with some wild caught sea scallops. (She hates seafood).  Ya I know, she's nuts.  Lol.. put them In a pan with butter on the pit for 35 min to get a kiss of smoke. 

Then bacon wrapped and pan fried to finish the scallops and crisp up the bacon. 

IMG_20180617_174248619.jpg

IMG_20180617_171400886.jpg

IMG_20180617_175507424.jpg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, mowin said:

Finished.  

Wife surprised me with some wild caught sea scallops. (She hates seafood).  Ya I know, she's nuts.  Lol.. put them In a pan with butter on the pit for 35 min to get a kiss of smoke. 

Then bacon wrapped and pan fried to finish the scallops and crisp up the bacon. 

IMG_20180617_174248619.jpg

IMG_20180617_171400886.jpg

IMG_20180617_175507424.jpg

Some fine scallops too. Big ones usually end up being much smaller as so much water added. And probably nice n sweet too. Thanks for the idea , never smoked scallops before and thinking perfect accompaniment to smoked turkey bites. 

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Some fine scallops too. Big ones usually end up being much smaller as so much water added. And probably nice n sweet too. Thanks for the idea , never smoked scallops before and thinking perfect accompaniment to smoked turkey bites. 

These were so tender and sweet. Key is not to over cook. They become tuff and like chewing rubber. They take on smoke flavor very quickly.  30 min or so in a pan with butter at 225* works for me. Probably about half cooked.  Wrap with bacon that is half cooked, and pan fry or under a broiler to finish. Best tasting scallops I've had.  Oh ya.  Dip in melted butter.  

Thanks for the compliment..:drinks: