What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

36 minutes ago, aboa13 said:

0a7a34337b1490f4829ad19c4f4e2317.jpg
Happy with first attempt. Next time more sauce. Little less dry rub. But perfectly cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a damm good first attempt. 

Did you add anything when you wrapped?  I add a little brown sugar and honey on top.  A tiny bit of OJ and wrap tightly.  I might add a little sauce the last hr if I think it needs it.  

Try different techniques till you find what you like.  

I think it's a damm good first attempt. 
Did you add anything when you wrapped?  I add a little brown sugar and honey on top.  A tiny bit of OJ and wrap tightly.  I might add a little sauce the last hr if I think it needs it.  
Try different techniques till you find what you like.  

I used brown sugar honey and apple juice.

8 minutes ago, aboa13 said:

I used brown sugar honey and apple juice.

I'd eat 'em...

I'm still trying to find or make a rub that I think is perfect.   Lot of good ones out there, and I've mixed up a few different ones I found online,  but there always seems like theres something missing.   

What did you use?

I'd eat 'em...
I'm still trying to find or make a rub that I think is perfect.   Lot of good ones out there, and I've mixed up a few different ones I found online,  but there always seems like theres something missing.   
What did you use?

1554d8e1431a48ebc7a321fafd39b733.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, aboa13 said:

0a7a34337b1490f4829ad19c4f4e2317.jpg
Happy with first attempt. Next time more sauce. Little less dry rub. But perfectly cooked.

Do it right and no to little sauce is all you need, helps not drown out the smoke. Ribs look awesome enjoy.

• Like 2

Picking up a rack of dino beef ribs Thursday.  Never smoked em before because I could never find a decent rib.  I found a custom butcher in Saratoga area that guaranteed I will get what I'm looking for. Said he will have the entire rib plate for me to choose the cut I want.   Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

I'll probably smoke these on the pellet grill, as I not looking forward to tending a fire for 10 hrs in 90*+ heat. 

• Like 3

When I do chickens on the smoker I always do an extra. I clean the carcass and freeze the extra meat and use it for quesadillas, gumbo or soups and it’s great to have that special good smoked chicken for those recipes!