What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Anyone smoked a meatloaf? I’ve head good things. 

Yes.  Do them frequently.  Don't over smoke. Ground meat takes the smoke quicker than a solid chunk.  I typically do 1 1/2 hrs tops then cover to finish cooking. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Just smoked the rack of ribs for 3hrs over hickory just put in tin foil.  Trust the process right? They look great already. Rub was McCormick grill mates sweet and smoky. Then I'll baste with Stubbs or sweet baby rays.

Pics? Either way sounds like some good grub.

Beef ribs, SLR,  pork shots, and trying TF's wild turkey bites.   

All going on the stick burner tomorrow.  

Never smoked beef ribs, so I'm hoping they come out ok.  There not huge, and little fat, so not too confident. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Finished product absolutely delicious . 321 is the way to go. Call of the bone tender look at the pic.

IMG_20180706_192202.jpg

IMG_20180706_192211.jpg

IMG_20180706_192224.jpg

Looks like a home run to me...  Gotta love the 321 method.  

I've been doing a 221 last few times on SLR.  Not FOB, but a nice easy bite to the bone.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mowin said:

Looks like a home run to me...  Gotta love the 321 method.  

I've been doing a 221 last few times on SLR.  Not FOB, but a nice easy bite to the bone.  

I like a bite to my ribs as well. Fall off is great, but not when you are camping and cooking the ribs low and slow over campfire coals. You don't want that smell attracting critters when messy eaters forget how to lean over a plate. LOL.

So I really don't use any method. Got it down on the propane grill, both smokers, and over camp coals ( which is the best IMO ).

Those ribs look great! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I like a bite to my ribs as well. Fall off is great, but not when you are camping and cooking the ribs low and slow over campfire coals. You don't want that smell attracting critters when messy eaters forget how to lean over a plate. LOL.

So I really don't use any method. Got it down on the propane grill, both smokers, and over camp coals ( which is the best IMO ).

Those ribs look great! 

That was my first time ding a full rack of ribs and keep the steady 225 with the propane smoker. The last time I did vs ribs and they came out great. Ima newbie to smoking so it's all in practice. The smoke ring was perfect. It was the first time with 321 method on rack of ribs. I'll try again they did turn out great didn't think they'd fall off the bone but some people like that. I'm going on your being retired to do some smoking competitions in lol. Just something to pass the time and drink beer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

Those ribs look great! 

Competition style ribs are very different from the backyard rib.  

Judges want a bite to the bone, but not FOB.  The average backyard party will want FOB and be saying that they are the best rids they ever had.  I perfer FOB.. my nephew and cousin like a little tug.  There's no wrong method.. your family and friends will let you know what they like best.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

Competition style ribs are very different from the backyard rib.  

Judges want a bite to the bone, but not FOB.  The average backyard party will want FOB and be saying that they are the best rids they ever had.  I perfer FOB.. my nephew and cousin like a little tug.  There's no wrong method.. your family and friends will let you know what they like best.  

That's true. The people I cook for want the bite. 

• Like 3

Started the fire around 8 this morning. Using cherry and apple.  Beef ribs, SLR, baked beans, Mac n cheese, pork shots, and TF's WTB's.  

IMG_20180707_125701376.thumb.jpg.25b80c0ea22f8812385fce1516659e58.jpg
How did the mac and cheese come out? Wife keeps bugging me for this but most of what I read anything with a lot of cheese needs to be cold smoked.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:drinks:.   Those were great.   Lasted as long as the pork shots.  Will definitely be making them again.  I put a small piece of jalapeno and covered it with a dollop of the chive cream cheese.   The only thing I'd do different is my offset stick burner imparted a little too much smoke, so I'd do a hour or so then under the broiler to crisp up the bacon. My pellet pooper would do exceptionally well the full two + hrs.  My apple and cherry was very well seasoned but the stick burner definitely has a higher smoke profile.  

So, kudos to you for a fantastic appetizer.  They will always be known as TF's WTB's... 

41 minutes ago, Rob... said:

How did the mac and cheese come out? Wife keeps bugging me for this but most of what I read anything with a lot of cheese needs to be cold smoked.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Smoked Mac n cheese is totally different than smoked cheese.  

Cheese needs to be cold smoked so it doesn't melt. So under 75*

Smoked Mac n cheese is hot smoked, so you want the cheese to melt.  

Here's what I do..

IMG_20160228_111712123_HDR.jpg

• Like 2