What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Rob... said:

Had a setback today. Opened the smoker to find mold. Scrubbed with soap and water, then blasted the heat for an hour, reseasoned and now have two racks of baby backs in it.
Hope I got rid of the mold.324fe70d0f1a919f321929459ef780f7.jpg2bd4f5ecc4fb07d619c9b0a48a1c236f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Guess I did the job right on the mold. So far no ill effects, and you can see the ribs in the "What's For Dinner Thread".

• Like 1

It ain’t a smoker but it’s what I got...indirect heat method under a Weber...hickory wood smoke on pork shoulder. Hoping to hold temps at 200 or so
252cce4f6c89ef4cc74de71aaed710ba.jpg&key=7366cc7e9a5be28047a01913298f61d21b8a6988065d3d663dfe9c4ba2a6361b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New plan...close to 300 for the 3-2-1 method...it’s an 8lber so we will see if it gets done...more like the 4-2.5-1.5 method is my thought

ffbf4cf9b49175f422ad75f6210685da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys ,my friend went fishing and caught some mackerel so I said give them to me and i'll smoke them. They came out excellent but I had a problem trying to get smoke I think it was the wood chips. I bought some pucks and broke them up they are suppose to be for a pellet smoker .Well I finally got smoke and they taste excellent I smoked them for like 3 hrs @ 160 degs and brushed them w/ maple syrup

0828181954.jpg

• Like 4

well this is my salmon I made .I bought it from bjs [appropriate name cause the place SUCKS!!!!] salmon I usually smoke once or twice a month ,well  salmon was out of control so idont smoke them much too expensive . I seen smaller pieces and I smoked them they came out unbelievable. But I been having problems creating smoke I called masterbuilt and they were very helpful I had an extension cord that was 14 ga. wire and the woman on the phone told me to have at lest 12ga so I moved the unit closer to the outlet and sure as hell I had smoke .The unit was getting up to temp but wasn't hot enough to burn the wood. OH yeah this time I used cherry niiiicccee!!!! pecan is good hickory a little intense for fish .I have apple but will use that for pork

0829181644.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Rob, How do you season  the smoker.. I will be getting the same one soon...

directions said to let it run on high for 3 hours and last 45 minutes put in chips and run smoke.  Did that and it seemed to work out fine.  My shed electric didnt like the smoker though and kicked off the breaker - so i ran it from a house plug in.  all was good 

Then tried out some venison jalapeño sausage in it Sunday....damn good.  

rps20180916_124508.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

directions said to let it run on high for 3 hours and last 45 minutes put in chips and run smoke.  Did that and it seemed to work out fine.  My shed electric didnt like the smoker though and kicked off the breaker - so i ran it from a house plug in.  all was good 
Then tried out some venison jalapeño sausage in it Sunday....damn good.  
rps20180916_124508.jpg.324cf17bb28925ebfc5a5ade51f2b54a.jpg
Wow, 3 hours for an electric? My charcoal was 2 ( said 1, but do to holding temp issues I did 2 ) and my propane was 1.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk