What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to say goodbye to an old time friend but hello to my new one. Got original one many years ago for Father’s Day. Use it all year round. It lived a happy life. New one from this Father’s Day. Who thought so many parts and crappy assembly directions were a good idea ?! 314f27ab2b2d9127731058648aadb614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sad to say goodbye to an old time friend but hello to my new one. Got original one many years ago for Father’s Day. Use it all year round. It lived a happy life. New one from this Father’s Day. Who thought so many parts and crappy assembly directions were a good idea ?! 314f27ab2b2d9127731058648aadb614.jpg

Which model is that?  Iv got a birthday coming up and the baby wants to buy me something.

Keep us posted on how you like it!

Which model is that?  Iv got a birthday coming up and the baby wants to buy me something.
Keep us posted on how you like it!

Wife ordered from Home Depot/ had delivered there and picked it up After how inexpensive first one was and longevity you can’t convince me a Weber at 3x the coin would be any better. I used it a ton. 9d14d4c0e2acc890bba6b8b97e71f170.jpg

• Like 2

Sad to say goodbye to an old time friend but hello to my new one. Got original one many years ago for Father’s Day. Use it all year round. It lived a happy life. New one from this Father’s Day. Who thought so many parts and crappy assembly directions were a good idea ?! 314f27ab2b2d9127731058648aadb614.jpg&key=265916b2be258ca66ae69c620d5795fbb072128342c2d0b689d080ef80a40616

Good luck with her...seems like those directions were made for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, you'll have to trust me that the hog came out fantastic.  Severe t-storms made things challenging, and I wasn't able to get any finished pics.  

Everyone loved the pork. Another successful cook.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mowin said:

Well, you'll have to trust me that the hog came out fantastic.  Severe t-storms made things challenging, and I wasn't able to get any finished pics.  

Everyone loved the pork. Another successful cook.  

I didn't get my invitation...Must have got lost in the mail...<<sigh>>...

Pork butts came out ok . Not the greatest. Next smoker will be an offset smoker . Think I would like something different than  the masterbuilt  electric I have. I struggle in the summer to get smoke  at lower temps .  Electric element is thermostat  generates cook heat and smoke . Hits temp and shuts off killing smoke . Tried the slow smoker accessory  . Gravity fed with chips . Chips get stuck in the tube and stops smoking ... pain in the rear.  Family  liked it though. Constant tinkering made for a long day.  Smoker works best between 40 and 70 degrees outside temp.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Pork butts came out ok . Not the greatest. Next smoker will be an offset smoker . Think I would like something different than  the masterbuilt  electric I have. I struggle in the summer to get smoke  at lower temps .  Electric element is thermostat  generates cook heat and smoke . Hits temp and shuts off killing smoke . Tried the slow smoker accessory  . Gravity fed with chips . Chips get stuck in the tube and stops smoking ... pain in the rear.  Family  liked it though. Constant tinkering made for a long day.  Smoker works best between 40 and 70 degrees outside temp.

Tracker, have you tried the a-maze-n pellet tray? It was invited for electric smokers because of the issue you describe.   There's also the tube that I believe works better than the tray.   I use the tube in my pellet grill all the time, as the pellet grill alone has a very light smoke profile.