What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

Holy crap.   Couldn't get a pic because stuff was gone in minutes. 

The brisket was spot on at 206°, kinda high, but both the point and flat were perfect.  

Pork but took about a hr longer.  Hit 203° before the bone pulled free with no resistance.  

I couldn't cut it fast enough. Forks were grabbing it that fast.  

Love the flavor the RF stick burner outs out. 

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th.  

God bless the USA. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

I brined them for about sixteen hours, then left them in front of a fan for about four hours to seal them off. The fan part is very important to get that good glossy look before you smoke them.

One cup dark brown sugar 

Half cup non iodized salt

Two bay leaves 

Teaspoon red pepper flakes

Five cups of water

After the first hour I lightly glazed them with molasses every hour.

You can see the fan in the bottom of the picture. The back pieces of salmon didn't get enough airflow so I put them in the fridge uncovered well the first batch was smoked. An extra four hours in the fridge is well worth the wait to have them smoked right. I'm no pro but results were great today.

Screenshot_20200713-204925_Photos.jpg

Edited by corydd7
Added info
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 fresh picnic  roasts in the smoker . Hit 3 stores before I found pork buts and they were tiny. I'm cooking this for my nextdoor neighbors family. He was a great neighbor  and friend although I didn't know him but a few years . Avid outdoorsman  loved to fish for pike and deer hunted .  He died unexpectedly  at 58 years old .  I'm going to miss our mailbox gab sessions and cold beer chats while passing on the lawn mowers. He retired  only 2 years ago. 

God speed my friend .

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Nytracker said:

I have 2 fresh picnic  roasts in the smoker . Hit 3 stores before I found pork buts and they were tiny. I'm cooking this for my nextdoor neighbors family. He was a great neighbor  and friend although I didn't know him but a few years . Avid outdoorsman  loved to fish for pike and deer hunted .  He died unexpectedly  at 58 years old .  I'm going to miss our mailbox gab sessions and cold beer chats while passing on the lawn mowers. He retired  only 2 years ago. 

God speed my friend .

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.  Very nice of you to cook something for the family.  Less for them to worry about. 

• Thanks 1

God speed my friend .

Might be my greatest fear..finally retiring to pass quickly. Good on you NYtracker for feeding the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

e0bec1ab16fcf5fbce48665605596b3a.jpg&key=be031e0e5e64647f9bcac6953f81c0a30eca2acdb41bef8c79372493d2a50b7d
12 pounds of neck/shank meat has been ground and seasoned for more venison cheddar jalapeño snack sticks..aka kick biz, jerky, Aboa ass in golf sticks! Hitting the smoker soon!!!

83ca69b1603a1e73cc13edda243214e8.jpg
Consistency is spot on but a bit on the salty side. I also wish the jalapeño came though better. As an english teacher I may have F’ed the conversion for a Triple batch!!! Pecan is nice wood!!!

• Like 1