What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

83ca69b1603a1e73cc13edda243214e8.jpg
Consistency is spot on but a bit on the salty side. I also wish the jalapeño came though better. As an english teacher I may have F’ed the conversion for a Triple batch!!! Pecan is nice wood!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i make my Jalepeno brats I dice some peppers but i also add a healthy few shots of green tabasco.  Its mild on the heat scale but great jalepeno flavorTABASCO® Green Sauce

• Like 1

Any tips for smoking a brisket?  Trying my first one this weekend. 

Ill season with salt and pepper plus a little spice rub and granulated garlic. 

Most recipes Iv found say 225 until the meat reaches 165.

Then wrap in butcher paper and keep going at 225 until the meat hits 202-203.

Ill figure out approx. times once I get the brisket and know the weight.

Thanks in a advance... and stay tuned for updates!

when i make my Jalepeno brats I dice some peppers but i also add a healthy few shots of green tabasco.  Its mild on the heat scale but great jalepeno flavor03080---green-jalapeno-60ml_pdp_wr.jpg&key=b4a616751ae5a1b0170e1df3a691f311e783c0aac11b59524962f8565554b545

Vacuum packed my venison jalapeño cheddar sticks tonight and needed to constantly taste it for quality control- found it MUCH better today. Still wish for more jalapeño “peppery” flavor so I will definitely add that next time.

• Like 2

Any tips for smoking a brisket?  Trying my first one this weekend. 
Ill season with salt and pepper plus a little spice rub and granulated garlic. 
Most recipes Iv found say 225 until the meat reaches 165.
Then wrap in butcher paper and keep going at 225 until the meat hits 202-203.
Ill figure out approx. times once I get the brisket and know the weight.
Thanks in a advance... and stay tuned for updates!

I’m a big fan of Steven Raichlen:

https://www.lobels.com/Smoked-Brisket-with-Coffee-Beer-Mop-Sauce-from-Steven-Raichlen-69

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

e0bec1ab16fcf5fbce48665605596b3a.jpg&key=be031e0e5e64647f9bcac6953f81c0a30eca2acdb41bef8c79372493d2a50b7d
12 pounds of neck/shank meat has been ground and seasoned for more venison cheddar jalapeño snack sticks..aka kick biz, jerky, Aboa ass in golf sticks! Hitting the smoker soon!!!

I loved it last time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Looking good... 

3546BE68-65FF-400F-B381-ABA42807C9B0.jpeg

Looking good.  I wait to wrap when it hits the stall. That's usually around 160-170.  

Don't go by temp alone to determine if it's done.  When a temp probe slides in with no resistance, it's done. Point will be probe tender before the flat.  Some separate the two once it is, and put the flat back on and make burnt ends from the point.  I've had briskets be probe tender at 196, and some at 206, but most fall in the 201-203 range. 

Good luck. 

Edited by mowin

I missed the stall... when I first checked it it was 175-180.  Wrapped it and will be done a little earlier than expected.  I threw a chunk of venison on too.   I’m taking notes and learning as I go.  I’m sure no matter what I do it won’t be too bad... plus most of us will be drunk by mealtime anyway. 

ED2A0BA0-8302-4A84-A002-EF36110C9964.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I missed the stall... when I first checked it it was 175-180.  Wrapped it and will be done a little earlier than expected.  I threw a chunk of venison on too.   I’m taking notes and learning as I go.  I’m sure no matter what I do it won’t be too bad... plus most of us will be drunk by mealtime anyway. 

ED2A0BA0-8302-4A84-A002-EF36110C9964.jpeg

Don't worry if it gets done early. Wrap it in foil, then I towels and put it in a cooler. It will stay hot for hrs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1