What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

On 11/22/2016 at 7:15 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Cut steak into bite sized pieces - dry rub -you could marinate but I never have -use butter knife to put dab of cream cheese ( we like the jalapeño cream cheese ) - cut bacon strips into 3 pieces ( one piece is perfect for the bite sized ) - tooth pick bacon around. Cream cheese softens pretty good but bacon keeps it contained so it doesn't ooze out. Can't tell you the # of people who've tried venison for the first time this way and loved it. 200-225 degrees. When bacon is done but not crispy they're done. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same thing for goose breast. People always knock the taste of goose meat but this works for me and other people that have tried it..

• Like 1

I'm out of tofu so it's burger  night for me……yay!!!

pepper Jack cheese, sweet baby Rays sweet and spicey with Red hot and banana peppers.  topped with a perfectly cooked egg with bacon, yes BACON!!!  On whole grain bread, the cardiologist will like that part. Lol. 

IMG_5950.JPG

• Like 3

I'm out of tofu so it's burger  night for me……yay!!!
pepper Jack cheese, sweet baby Rays sweet and spicey with Red hot and banana peppers.  topped with a perfectly cooked egg with bacon, yes BACON!!!  On whole grain bread, the cardiologist will like that part. Lol. 

IMG_5950.JPG

That sounds and looks amazing !

Just finished up some venison pastrami.   Gosh I love this stuff..

IMG_20170117_102232330.jpg

In the brine for 2 weeks.

IMG_20170130_130543113.jpg

Rubbed with black pepper, salt, onion and garlic powder 

IMG_20170131_103759806.jpg

Sliced and packaged..

IMG_20170131_112702365.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...
2 pork butts ready for the smoker. I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow perfect day to fire up the smoker!
IMG_20170617_105607625_HDR.jpg

Tim , smoke em for however long you want. Then throw a beer in a crockpot with them. On low overnight I've had them in crockpot for as long as 23 hours. No pulling , house smells amazing. Pull out bone , stir and its shredded.

TF, I'll smoke them for at least 6-8 hours and then I place them in my electric roaster set at 225 until they get to 190 deg. Then my wife usually pulls them and removes any extra fat. She is really fussy about fatty pork. We save some of the juice and mix it back into the final product. This makes some of the best pulled pork I've ever had. And yes the house does smell great for several days. Each to his own but that's the way we get er done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No pics but I tried some chicken legs and thighs in my smoker tonight. (1st time for me) Dry rubbed over night and smoked for about 4 hours, got them up to 160* and smothered them in Dino BBQ sauce turned up the heat and got them to a nice crisp on the outside. I'm going to make pulled chicken sammys for dinner tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Did another batch of snack sticks with cheese yesterday. Sorry no pics. Turned out great, shrink wrapped and put in the freezer for another day. I saved a baggie full of the cut off ends to nibble on with a cold one after work. 

IMG_20170702_093346108_HDR.jpg

Edited by 2012_taco
Added a picture
  • Like 1

This is what came outa my smoker yesterday
Smoked sausages
Cajun Andouille, Chorizo, Polish, Feta Spinach, Sicilian.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Poppers
Smoked Tri-Tip
d833c06e9701457ad2d194dc2ddbf7d0.jpg
6f5f785b41c594eba8471c0e9117b76e.jpg

It was all good but the Tri Tip was rocking!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This is what came outa my smoker yesterday
Smoked sausages
Cajun Andouille, Chorizo, Polish, Feta Spinach, Sicilian.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Poppers
Smoked Tri-Tip
d833c06e9701457ad2d194dc2ddbf7d0.jpg
6f5f785b41c594eba8471c0e9117b76e.jpg

It was all good but the Tri Tip was rocking!

Bravo ! :clapping:   You'll break the internet with stuff like this

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I put them in a bowl with melted butter and my rub mix. Smoked for 5 hours at 240

There we go ! I just did cashews the other day for first time same way. Really good as well. If there's any left after eating directly off smoker I warm them up in the oven. Heaven all over again

• Like 1