What's in your smoker tonight?

Rockspek

• 2 weeks later...

When I was out in Oklahoma on a hunting trip last fall the guides wife cooked us some hamburgers and a pork loin on a traeger grill. The food was awsome that came off that thing. Today I bought one for home. I'm seasoning it now. Hopefully this week I will have something good to eat off of it. I can't wait! 

20200405_134807.jpg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, E J said:

When I was out in Oklahoma on a hunting trip last fall the guides wife cooked us some hamburgers and a pork loin on a traeger grill. The food was awsome that came off that thing. Today I bought one for home. I'm seasoning it now. Hopefully this week I will have something good to eat off of it. I can't wait! 

20200405_134807.jpg

Nice.  I've had my GMG pellet grill for about 7 yrs. Puts out great Q.

20200405_134807.thumb.jpg.80c65a352ac640c470e10452f928f3d0.jpg

I’m upgrading as soon as we get through this shit is over. Keep us posted. Good luck

7 hrs in.  Point at 170°. Flat is in the stall at 158°.  

I'll separate the two when the point reaches 202 ish.. 

Flat will get wrapped and back on the pit, to continue cooking. 

Point will be cut up for burnt ends, sauced then on the pit of another hr or so. 

IMG_20200412_062342357.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 3

On 4/9/2020 at 7:56 PM, Arcade Hunter said:

It was fantastic!  I have a turkey breast in the freezer... I am thinking about smokin that bad boy.  Ill post when I do this

Suggestions: orange juice and bottle of Italian dressing marinade - pat dry - rub mayo all over it -( won’t taste later , it’s all fat ) now rub will adhere better too. Wrap in bacon. Now smoke. 

• Like 3

Point reached 203 before it became probe tender. 

Separated the two. Point resting before I cube it up for burnt ends. 

Flat getting wrapped. IT was 168°.  I'll pull it when it's probe tender. Probably in the 198°+ range.  

IMG_20200412_095252387.jpg

IMG_20200412_095009421.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Stuffed venison backstrap. For the stuffing i used cream cheese, mozzarella, chopped pickled jalapeños. Small tip, cut a “meat pocket” into the meat instead of butterflying it all the way open. Helps from it oozing everywhere. I seasoned with some salt pepper garlic and Kosmos Q honey killer bee inside and out. Then stuffed, wrapped with bacon and tied up. I put some Kosmos Q dirty bird seasoning on the outside for the color. Its going on the kettle grill indirect with apple wood from my orchard for smoke. Probably smoke at 275degrees or so

2CE55793-D9B6-4FF2-87D8-05B23DE22D49.jpeg

• Like 4

Did wings for the first time and pretty impressed, although they didn’t really seem to absorb the smoke like other meats, even with the stringer hickory.

1/2 the batch I crispied up on the grill after and I think it was good both ways, but kids liked the crispy ones. In hurry I didn’t get the best post smoked shot.

0834cafce25ec4fd872a5f04d6c25382.jpg
df087f9620b3481ef96a568fd22d2c65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2