What Would You Buy If You Left NY?

Five Seasons

Nys you can only buy the small " key chain" size pepper sprays. These have limited reach and numbers of "sprays" along with their size small making handing and use harder. Bear spray comes in really large cans might be hard to carry on a bike. You can get a dog spray named Halt, it's what the Postal Carriers use, it's NY legal it's just a weaker pepper spray I believe .

I prefer a "half can" size, I have them shipped to an out of state address then re shipped . Fox brand and Sabre Red seem to be the top two brands often recommended . Sabre Red has a Gel formula that has increased reach , sprays into the wind like no,other and sticks to the skin.

The only thing I want right now that I don't own is a 9mm carbine that would take Glock mags.

On the Penn. boarder are shops selling , stun guns, pepper spray and fireworks, if they'd just add standard capacity mags it would be one stop shopping

Stun guns require holding against your attacker for 3-5 seconds , let's call it 4. That's a longtime during a fight, especially for a woman against a man , and if he's armed in anyway it's even harder to avoid his weapon. Yes I've been shocked by stun guns, we get bored at work.....

Edited by Larry302

A different license plate for my car.

What kind of pepper spray isn't legal in NYS?

I want to get some really potent bear sprat for dogs that continually harass me when I'm riding my bicycle.

Wasp spray will work but the cans are pretty large . You would need to mount a water bottle holder near the handle bars to contain the can of wasp spray . 

• Like 1

Yeah, but even where legal you still have to pay the $500 fee to the Feds for the "priviledge" to buy it...That would take a lot of fun out of it..

Tax stamp is $200....

Hunted suppressed a couple times; would be right up there for the top of my list, tax stamp or not.

Wasp spray will work but the cans are pretty large . You would need to mount a water bottle holder near the handle bars to contain the can of wasp spray . 

Isn't that "toxic, as in poisonous'? I wouldn't want to harm the dog or make it sick. I just want them to (vividly) remember what happened the last time they chased me. I don't usually have a problem handling one dog, but my wife gets scared when she comes upon an aggressive dog. If I educate the dogs along a particular route, they're not likely to get aggressive when she is with me.

Isn't that "toxic, as in poisonous'? I wouldn't want to harm the dog or make it sick. I just want them to (vividly) remember what happened the last time they chased me. I don't usually have a problem handling one dog, but my wife gets scared when she comes upon an aggressive dog. If I educate the dogs along a particular route, they're not likely to get aggressive when she is with me.

yeah, I would think wasp spray is very bad to spray into anythings eyes......