ApexerER

Why does Taxidermy take so long?

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

"Mail completion letter"? Why not use telegram or maybe a phone call? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart ass............................. :rofl:

• Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Well, making phone calls takes forever, believe it or not...say I have 10 calls to make that week to let people know thier critter is done. Usually I get a cell #, whick rings a jillion times, then I get the generic 5 minute "you have reached the voicemail of"...message that takes forever to get to the actual message taking.At which point the person will frequently call back without even listening to the message because they see a missed call, and I have to repeat the same message I just left on voicemail all over again. Or the guys who never check thier voicemail and hence, never get the message it took forever to leave in the first place. Or, the message is left on the home phone, where the wife quickly deletes it so that she doesn't have another mounted animal in her house for a little while longer....

I learned a long time ago that it is less time consuming to sit down in front of the tube for a few minutes , fill out a pre-printed completion letter with the customer's balance info as well as my 30 day pickup policy, stick a stamp on it, and raise the flag on my mailbox, than it was to play the phone tag game. This way, the customer gets his notice in the mail a day or so after completion and calls ME when he is ready to schedule a pickup. Like I said, I've been at this awhile and this is the system that works for me.

• Like 2

Interesting. Never heard of that approach before.

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

The best advise I can give anyone that wants to get their taxidermy back in a somewhat timely fashion is to use a professional who's only job is taxidermy. Pay a little more, employ a professional and in the end your much better off.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:17 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

i can tell you don't deal with a lot of people.  they see a phone call from some one who they owe money to they don't answer there phone at lest with a letter they will open it and will ether call right away or wait a while then call and say they never got a letter . But now they know there stuff is done 

PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES

======================================

For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed

For Those Who Don't None Will Do

WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND

Member Of The NRA-Trophy Life Member of North American Hunting Club-Syosset Sportsman Club

=======================================

New York Hunter Safety Instructor

i can tell you don't deal with a lot of people.  they see a phone call from some one who they owe money to they don't answer there phone at lest with a letter they will open it and will ether call right away or wait a while then call and say they never got a letter . But now they know there stuff is done 

I would think the opposite. When I get a call from a taxidermist I'm ecstatic

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Jeesh .  You guys all complain how long it takes to get your mounts back. It's taken me 29 years to get mine. 

Oh , wait.  I'm still awaiting something worthy of getting mounted 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm the same way, but I bet for everyone like us there's ten guys who dropped off their animal and have no idea how they're going to pay for it when the time comes.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

I'm the same way, but I bet for everyone like us there's ten guys who dropped off their animal and have no idea how they're going to pay for it when the time comes.

The taxidermist needs to be taking at least 50% down so customers owe less when piece is finished. With life size animals such as bears it's still a bit of money. Id often thought 25% more should come in before the piece was assembled. With a reputable taxidermist that shouldn't be a prob. I never did it though. 

53 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You and me both.....

I got an envelope sitting here for a load waiting for 2 permits right now and its killing me that I can't send it yet.

Give it a name, apply human sentiment, and its no longer a wild animal its a Disney character.

On 9/5/2016 at 7:25 PM, jjb4900 said:

You hit the nail right on the head right there. 

Cliffords Taxidermy: Whats On Your Wall?