New/used

Going to pick up a Kaw this afternoon.new to me but an old machine 1985 kawasaki 230 need's a bat.Cool looking bike/wheeler.I think I paid a good price for it 200.00.I am thinking bat because we jumped started and ran great.

• Like 3

For $200, I think you got a great deal! Good find!

I think so most of the machines I was looking at of that year most want an arm and a leg for.The only down side is 2 wheel drive but still a steel in my thinking.

• Like 1

Sounds like a pretty good deal. People get wrapped up in bigger = better, and in some cases thats true. But for just an all around utility  quad, you will be fine. 2WD can do more than you think. Back in the day I had an old Suzuki 250 2WD, that I ran for about 5 years. It did the job well. When I finally upgraded to a new 4X4 quad around 1995 or so I gave the old Suzu to the farmer, who's land we hunt. He eventually had to have  the engine rebuilt( after about a million hours) and put new tires on it, but he still uses it to work around the farm and hunt. I took it for a spin this fall and it runs great.

That was a great buy!! 2 wd is all you need , even in cars and trucks. I get a kick out of all the city hunters that come down and can't make it up the hill with their 40,000 4wd pickups, while I'm driving 80 miles back. And fourth to the city in a 20 year old rear wheel drive mustang...

That was a great buy!! 2 wd is all you need , even in cars and trucks. I get a kick out of all the city hunters that come down and can't make it up the hill with their 40,000 4wd pickups, while I'm driving 80 miles back. And fourth to the city in a 20 year old rear wheel drive mustang...

yep, my 16 year old, front wheel drive mini van goes pretty good too...

You mean the Suzuki LT230 | LT230S, or the Kawasaki 230 dirt bike? The Kawi Bayou was 220 in 1985.

I love my '04 Bayou 250. 

Yes it is a Suzuki  Lt 230 I didn't know this until I picked it up. the add was for a kawasaki 230.This is a quad 2 wheell drive and only thing other than battery I will need either tubes or new tires Runs great.For the age and price this was money well spent.

• Like 1

Nice. A 'sport" quad. Good deal. No matter what anyone tells you, get new tires ASAP! Won't be cheap but, it's better then a flat in a swamp or creek. 

I bought my Bayou three years ago. Tires looked great. One trip through a small creek, both back tires had dry rot a and were flat, and had to be replaced. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

i own a 86 hondr 250 fourtrax 2wd.  waaaaay lighter than the big 4x4's so i can pull it out if i get it stuck. i love the little quad, especially since i found it for 400 bucks

I have one BIG Red we have some wide tires on the rear I think they are called wooly's.Fourteen inches wideHonda made a great ATV.For the money I had no choice but to buy this one.I paid 700 for my Honda and it is still one heck of a toy/tool.

• Like 1

Nice. A 'sport" quad. Good deal. No matter what anyone tells you, get new tires ASAP! Won't be cheap but, it's better then a flat in a swamp or creek. 

I bought my Bayou three years ago. Tires looked great. One trip through a small creek, both back tires had dry rot a and were flat, and had to be replaced. 

I still have my Dads Rm 100 1982/84 I ride and play with it but I my self still a little guy for the machine.If it was not my Dads I would sell trade for another bike that would fit me better.