Naked And Afraid

DirtTime

Pretty sure a few people have watched this show.

Do you think you could survive for 21 days in some of the harshest environments on the planet with no clothes, food, or water, and only having one implement to get by?

We have a few extremists on here, so could you make it?

10 years ago I think I could have. Now, not so much.

Some day I'd like one person take bug spray as their one item It's always the bugs making things so crappy. They always find water and food though. A big can of Off I tell you.

And I wouldn't stand a chance for those 21 days.

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

Did watch a few episodes a couple weeks ago for the 1st time. They certainly get put into some very extreme locations with gators, super bugs, big snakes, etc. Funny thing is one show had a dude go into a panic attack over critters outside his shelter at night and it took rescuers several hours to get to him. Obvious the dude was an idiot as he had a bigfoot phobia and then agreed to do Naked & Afraid...!?! Other episodes when individuals needed a medic, they had help within minutes. WTH!!!! Kind of like the Bear Gylis show Man vs Wild with the disclaimer at the beginning of the show about him having assistance available for medical or rescue emergencies near him at all times. Just another show(s) depicting reality TV scenarios that are not real at all!

Overlooking the un-reality aspect, the contestant's personalities/egos, conflicts between the pairings and the supposedly expert male survivalists failing miserably and their female companions having to pick-up the slack..... Makes the show kind of interesting, sort of!

In all these shows there is an entire camera crew, audio tech, and either a director, producer, or both filming the "survivors".  You think the camera crew are rubbing to sticks together to start a fire for themselves or sleeping in a make shift shelter?  They're in tents and setting up a nice camp for sure.  Makes me wonder what happens to the "survivors" when the camera stops rolling?  Does the camera guys offer them a sip of some water.  Do they say "Okay, we got the footage of you guys sleeping in the cave.  That's a wrap.  Now join us back in the tent?

Sure Bear Grylles has accomplished a great deal in his past so he doesn't have to prove himself but Les Strouds is the only legitimate one since he films his own stuff.

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here

Oh, I know. He had a long list of discretions. It's why his show now has that disclaimer in the beginning. Rumor has it that once they wrap up a shot, he gets chopper'ed out and sleep in a hotel.

But he was part of the SAS and climbed to the top of Mount Everest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hard enough time all bundled up sitting on stand for more than an hour when temps dip below 30 degrees.

I guess it would depend on how much meat the gal had on her bones.

If you really got in a bind, a hefty chick could provide enough food, shelter, heat, AND water....., if you can find the wet spots!

• Like 2

There was a show where they dropped a bunch of guys separately all over Vancouver island. They had to self film, last man to tap out wins. That was awesome. A few came out almost immediately. I think the winner went 60 days but can't remember for sure

I watched that. They were allowed to take all the gear they could fit into one pack, but no guns or bows. Didn't one dude call it in after like 4 hours?

I also like Dual Survivor. Enjoy the differences in philosophy. Mainly the conflicts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to like that show. Now it's just old and boring. The first 4 cast members they had I liked. They had personality. Even if Dave did lie to get on the show. These two new guys, I just can't connect with them. They don't give me the feeling they belong on the show. Just my humble opinion.

I think there was something wrong with that possum.  He dispatched it rather too easily.  He gave it a half a-- swing and knocked it out of the tree.  It was really moving on the floor either.  Then he gave it another half-a-- swing with it was on the ground and it was done.  It never put much of a fight.  I've never beat a possum to death with a walking stick before but I'd imagine it'll struggle more after been "slapped" with a stick.

Also, based on the interviews with the woman, my gut feeling also was that there were more stuff done to keep warm than the camera revealed if you know what I mean.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

I think there was something wrong with that possum. He dispatched it rather too easily. He gave it a half a-- swing and knocked it out of the tree. It was really moving on the floor either. Then he gave it another half-a-- swing with it was on the ground and it was done. It never put much of a fight. I've never beat a possum to death with a walking stick before but I'd imagine it'll struggle more after been "slapped" with a stick.

Also, based on the interviews with the woman, my gut feeling also was that there were more stuff done to keep warm than the camera revealed if you know what I mean.

I got that same feeling Elmo even know she had a girlfriend back home

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk