Speeders beware

ants

If they don't show it gets dropped , but most likely court will be when he's off so,he'll get overtime pay to show up.....

Im a fan of the app Waze, gps app,that fellow users drop pins for , accidents , objects in the road and cops sitting along the road . You can see the officer on your screen and get a voice prompt 1/2 to 1 mile or so before that spot.

Not fool proof for sure, not good for officers driving as opposed to parked. But I just drove from Roch to Buff and back and knew where every Tropper was parked well before.....

But I try to keep, it under 80 on The thruway anyway .

im on Waze, it's saved me more than a few times
  • Like 2

Yes I undertstand that . Around here it seems to be always dropped . It's hard to walk back a ticket today, so one way for those with conentions is for the officer to be asked not to show .

I got one ticket since 1981, stopped for speeding , wrote me for no seatbelt , I wrote the court a letter, court changed it to $15 parking ticket . Both my kids have been stopped a couple times , failure to dim , taillight a out, and the oldest rear ended a car on the expressway. No damage to,other car, Trooper walked down the road picked up my kids lic. Plate ( in the pouring rain) gave it back to,her and sent her on her way.

How you act and what you say at the stop is the biggest factor on many stops.

I've seen many cops ingor things many would not believe.

Which brings up another point, keep,your mouth shut. I can't tell you how many mva's I've been to where people,just talk and say incriminating things . I just tell them not to say that when the cops show up......

Usually keeping the pie hole closed and not arguing does wonders during a traffic stop ,UNLESS you get a female officer , they never cut any slack .

• Like 1

im on Waze, it's saved me more than a few times

This is sad but true. I work for the Rochester FD my truck co. Covers parts of route 490 and 590.

Our dispatch info is often vague if not out right wrong. It seems many folks have no,idea where they are , they say 490 east because they are on the east side of the city, but they are in the west bound lanes.....

They are 2 or 3 exits from where they think, and on and on.

We use our personal iPhones and the Waze app to get the correct location.

• Like 1

This is sad but true. I work for the Rochester FD my truck co. Covers parts of route 490 and 590.

Our dispatch info is often vague if not out right wrong. It seems many folks have no,idea where they are , they say 490 east because they are on the east side of the city, but they are in the west bound lanes.....

They are 2 or 3 exits from where they think, and on and on.

We use our personal iPhones and the Waze app to get the correct location.

You use the Waze app to locate the person in distress? Do you ask them over the phone what his username is or something? Or is it something like this:

Operator: Hey, do you use Waze?

Distressed caller: Yes, why?

Operator: Text me your location from Waze!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• 3 weeks later...

Do this do that to reduce this or that.....really?   That kid needs a boot in his back side but good! Over 80mph ......he needs to see some real ER video of mangled bodies from speeders and see what he's in for. It won't be him in the ER, it will be a mother and her children. Sorry if the truth scratches the hair the wrong way but come on.

You use the Waze app to locate the person in distress? Do you ask them over the phone what his username is or something? Or is it something like this:

Operator: Hey, do you use Waze?

Distressed caller: Yes, why?

Operator: Text me your location from Waze!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

No I pull up,the app on my phone and look to see where users have dropped pins for an accident , and where users are reporting back up/ slow traffic .

It's common for someone in an accident to tell 911, "Im on 490 west at culver rd.". Well that does us little good without knowing if they are before or after the ramp , if past we can just go down the ramp, but prior to means we have get on an entrance ramp east of them to get to them. The app lets us see where accident pins were dropped before we commit to a route .

Edited by Larry302

88 in a 65 and 85 in a 65. The tickets had surcharges attached to them. $90 for each ticket, but the 600 is extra from DMV. They call it DRA "Driver Responsibility Assessment." An extra pound or ten of flesh for the state I guess…. The pen I keep in my checkbook is out of ink!!!   LOL!!!

I had the pleasure of dealing with the "DRA" myself. When I was in my teens I got a couple tickets for speeding. Got pulled over on Route 12 heading to Utica for college and got something like a 80 in a 55 and another on a 55 mph back road in town of Binghamton (that was a mess, got a ticket on an icy day and wasn't even speeding. Took it to court with my witnesses and the Trooper didn't show so they postponed and I wasn't able to get my witnesses there at the time they wanted so I kinda got screwed over. I tend to speed anyway so I guess they got their money from another time when I didn't get caught.......)

The kicker on this is that I bought my own house when I was 25 and when I updated my new address, they noticed that they never sent the fee to me so I ended up having to pay some 7 years later!! Mine was $300 though and I opted to pay $100/per year to drag it out because I was mad that they still charged me after 7-ish years!

Or just obey the law, its not worth it for many reasons..... 

My best friend(my father) and his best friend were just killed in a car accident coming home from fishing on March 11, 2016 in Farmington, NY when a man with his 4 children in the vehicle, ran a red light while speeding, on a road within the town he lived and I'm sure he had traveled dozens of times before...

Its just not worth it

Just be observant and cautious of others.... 

• Like 3

Or just obey the law, its not worth it for many reasons.....

My best friend(my father) and his best friend were just killed in a car accident coming home from fishing on March 11, 2016 in Farmington, NY when a man with his 4 children in the vehicle, ran a red light while speeding, on a road within the town he lived and I'm sure he had traveled dozens of times before...

Its just not worth it

Just be observant and cautious of others....

I'm sorry to hear that my mother knows your sister I'm assuming...I am Sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1