Hunting Permission Slips

Tacti_Steve

I've gotten some requests for a blank copy of the permission slips I use for hunting. So here you go (below). Not everyone will sign one for you. I've had plenty of farmers give me permission but not want to sign a form. They feel it's easier to deny you had permission if you get hurt out there. Despite the law protecting them from you suing them unless they are blatantly negligent. They feel its better for them. And let me tell you its not you they're afraid of suing them. It's your insurance company. A few years ago I fell and got hurt badly. The insurance company contacted me wanting to know who owned the land so they could recover their costs from the persons home owners insurance. I sent them the permission slip said I was hunting and they couldn't sue. They came back to me two more times. Each time I sent them a copy of the permission slip and they went away. The land owner never even knew about it. So these work!!!

I've also had run ins with people that think they own the land and try to kick me off. I pull out my slip and say I have permission so leave me alone. They get mad but they know they can't do a thing about it. They weren't going to be my friend anyway. It also works if you get stopped by the DEC or a cop. So they don't have to wake the farmer up. Just an all round good thing to have. 

They're pretty generic but they have all the right wording. Some people also like it because if they have to they can get a hold of you. They keep half and you keep half. I keep a folder right in the truck with all my forms and a few blank ones. Along with copies of the tax map for that area. Happy Hunting!!!

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/03/11/landownersfo...

LandownersFormblank.pdf

• Like 1

I find it is nice to have a copy of the General Obligation law with you as well when you talk to land owners. 

While nothing can actually stop anyone from suing it can sway their position if you frame it like this. The owner is just as likely to  be sued by even a person just strolling through of a trespasser. Having a person they "know" out there can limit that exposure by monitoring access of others. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

This one is also available through the DEC free of charge

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/ask.pdf

That one is not bad. I like that mine has the vehicle information on it. Many of them want to know what vehicle is mine when they see it out there. Plus the special dog training area on mine is key for a houndsmen. 

• Like 1

That one is not bad. I like that mine has the vehicle information on it. Many of them want to know what vehicle is mine when they see it out there. Plus the special dog training area on mine is key for a houndsmen. 

I've used the DEC Form but yours does have more info on it .... Nice Job !

No wonder the Amish don't ask for permission and simply trespass. They aren't allowed to use the computer and print these forms out.

They could draw their own. They're allowed paper. Actually I heard they can't have guns anymore either. Because they need a photo id to get the NICs check and they can't have their picture taken. 

• Like 1

What happened to the good old days of a handshake?

Written permission is the only way to go these days. It protects both the hunter and the land owner.

I also like to know any other people who are hunting the land and have a number to reach them and be in contact so we don't go busting up each others hunts.

What happened to the good old days of a handshake?

Written permission is the only way to go these days. It protects both the hunter and the land owner.

I also like to know any other people who are hunting the land and have a number to reach them and be in contact so we don't go busting up each others hunts.

Ohio you need written permission if it is posted or not posted, it keeps tresspassing down as you have to present it upon being asked..