FIrearm/Rifle Limit?

Hello, 

Sorry for any duplication to previous postings, but I tried searching for it, but can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the number of firearms that you may own in New York State? For example rifle/shot gun total. Thank you

There is a bill to limit shotgun and rifle purchase pending right now which was recently introduced. The bill has one sponsor and is not bicameral, so it does not have legs at this time.

Interesting you ask this question now, considering the bill was just introduced and moved to committee. Makes me wonder who you are.  

• Like 1

There is a bill to limit shotgun and rifle purchase pending right now which was recently introduced. The bill has one sponsor and is not bicameral, so it does not have legs at this time.

Interesting you ask this question now, considering the bill was just introduced and moved to committee. Makes me wonder who you are.  

Since it's not in the public yet, it makes ME wonder who both of you are.

N.Y. Gun Bill Takes Aim at Rifles, Shotguns
Sportsmen Contacts Needed ASAP!
A New York City senator has introduced legislation prohibiting the purchase or sale of more than one rifle or shotgun over a 90-day period. Senate Bill 6843, sponsored by Sen. James Sanders (D-NYC), would prohibit a gun dealer or seller from knowingly selling a shotgun or rifle to an individual that has purchased one during the preceding three-month period.
The bill, which is now before the Senate Consumer Protection Committee, is notable for two reasons.
First, because it singles out firearms commonly used by hunters. Previous bills that have attempted to place a timeline between gun purchases have been across the board and included handguns. SB 6843 names only shotguns and rifles.
Second, the time period between permitted gun purchases in the proposal is 90 days, which is three-times longer than similar laws enacted in other states. California, Maryland and New Jersey all have 30-day time periods between permissible gun purchases. Additionally, California and New Jersey only apply this restriction to handguns, while Maryland adds “assault weapons.”
Take Action! New York hunters should contact their state senator to oppose Senate Bill 6843. The legislation is an unjustified attack on law-abiding citizens who pump tens of millions of dollars into the state’s economy each and every year. Click here to contact your State Senator and ask them to vote NO on SB 6843.
About the Sportsmen's Alliance:The Sportsmen’s Alliance is a 501 © 4 organization that protects and defends America’s wildlife conservation programs and the pursuits – hunting, fishing and trapping – that generate the money to pay for them. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation is a 501 © 3 organization that supports the same mission through public education, legal defense and research.  Its mission is accomplished through several distinct programs coordinated to provide the most complete defense capability possible. Stay connected to Sportsmen’s Alliance: Online, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Sportsmen's Alliance
801 Kingsmill Parkway
Columbus, Ohio 43229
614-888-4868
www.sportsmensalliance.org
[email protected]

Sportsman's Alliance sent out an email on the 14th

That's not actually 'public', that's to members. Public would mean everyone can see or read about it.

I found this from Maine-

http://www.sportsmansallianceofmaine.org/gunrights.html

But the link to Ny doesn't work. So I guess I will head over to the NY Times.

Thanks for the info Culver, much appreciated.

Edited by ....rob

Since it's not in the public yet, it makes ME wonder who both of you are.

well, didn't sound that way with your response to Mike. The question about where it was probably should have preceded this. 

Sorry for my comment. Just so many around here lately just looking to stir up $hit rather than contribute or even have a discussion or debate. 

well, didn't sound that way with your response to Mike. The question about where it was probably should have preceded this. 

Sorry for my comment. Just so many around here lately just looking to stir up $hit rather than contribute or even have a discussion or debate. 

I wasn't trying to stir the pot, but when you have info about something new it would be nice if people would post the link so we can see it. It would save on misunderstanding like this. JMO.

Just another example of anti-gun zealots getting an inch, then going for the mile.  How can any thinking person propose or support any of this oppression when none of it does anything to reduce any crime, especially when that has been proven to be a fact?

Has to make you think reducing crime is not part of the plan.

I can see why this new bill might get some people panties in a bunch. "I should be able to buy any firearms when ever I want, it's my constitutional right!". I agree with this opinion. If I but a rifle today, and two days from see a shotgun I really like I want to be able to buy it!

But, in reality, that's not 100% accurate. The Second Amendment states it gives citizens the right to bear arms, but there is nothing stating how many firearms you can own.

The Government found a 'loop-hole' and may be trying to exploit it.

Now, lets look at this new bill from a perspective of the 'New World' we are living in. We have terrorists of all kinds, some were born here, some are full citizens, and others who have been decreed 'safe' and given the right to own a firearm. So maybe this is an attempt to keep people who may be a threat from building an arsenal.

I can see why this new bill might get some people panties in a bunch. "I should be able to buy any firearms when ever I want, it's my constitutional right!". I agree with this opinion. If I but a rifle today, and two days from see a shotgun I really like I want to be able to buy it!

But, in reality, that's not 100% accurate. The Second Amendment states it gives citizens the right to bear arms, but there is nothing stating how many firearms you can own.

The Government found a 'loop-hole' and may be trying to exploit it.

Now, lets look at this new bill from a perspective of the 'New World' we are living in. We have terrorists of all kinds, some were born here, some are full citizens, and others who have been decreed 'safe' and given the right to own a firearm. So maybe this is an attempt to keep people who may be a threat from building an arsenal.

You should go run on a Democratic ticket. That line of thinking got us the Safe Act. and reduced capacity magazines, the banning of common platforms that have no functional difference than other semi rifles and ammunition background checks. So I go to a gun auction  or even a store and there is  great sale, why should I have to miss it? I have bought two in one day before, gun shows. (YES with background checks)

There is a special election to fill Skelos' seat on April 19th I think. If the Republicans loose that seat hold on to you nickers for microstamping to come back . THEN try to by a semi pistol in this state. 

• Like 3

So maybe this is an attempt to keep people who may be a threat from building an arsenal

Good point, however any attempt at any sort of gun control will be met with resistance by those here who get their panties in an uproar over any attempt to reduce the violence brought about by guns in America. To them public safety takes a backseat to their desires to arm themselves against imaginary threats that only exist within their NRA influenced minds.