2016 Youth Spring Turkey Hunt Contest Official Thread - Deadline is April 29

letinmfly

Once again this year I will be running the youth spring turkey hunt contest, with the help of Paula and Wooly as judges.  If any of the members take a youth out and they are successful please take the time to participate in the contest.  Lets grow this contest and get the youngsters involved!! 

This thread will serve as the official rules and entry thread for the youth hunt.  This year there will be three judges... Wooly, Paula and myself.  We will judge the contestants based on the following rules...

1. The youth hunter or mentor must submit a picture of the youth or of the two of them with their harvest.

2. A brief story of the hunt, preferably written by the youth, must be submitted.

3. You must post both your picture and story on this thread only!!! PLEASE DO NOT START ANOTHER THREAD FOR THE CONTEST ENTRY!!

4. The deadline for submitting your entry is 12:00am ( midnight ) on April 29.  So if you harvest a bird make sure to enter it on this thread before then!!

The winner will be chosen based on a combination of best picture and story submitted.  The size of the bird WILL NOT be taken into account, although we encourage that you post the birds stats.  As far as the judges are concerned all birds harvested are a trophy!!

There will be some great prizes given away this year and we wish everyone a safe and successful hunt!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

This is not run by HuntingNY.com

• Like 8

The youth hunt is quickly approaching and hopefully everyone that is participating is ready to go.  Last year for the contest a few of you contacted me and offered donations for the contest. If anyone wants to donate something/anything as a prize for the contest it will be greatly appreciated. 

Good luck to everyone that will be participating and be safe!!

• Like 4

I'd like to pitch in a little something for the prize pile this year Lou.

You're one of the few guys that actually gets involved with promoting the youth hunts and doesn't just talk about it.

Your motivation and generosity are appreciated especially considering you do this for total strangers kids on this site.

Good luck to all the kiddos, and good for you Lou putting this contest together again! :good:

• Like 6

I'd like to pitch in a little something for the prize pile this year Lou.

You're one of the few guys that actually gets involved with promoting the youth hunts and doesn't just talk about it.

Your motivation and generosity are appreciated especially considering you do this for total strangers kids on this site.

Good luck to all the kiddos, and good for you Lou putting this contest together again! :good:

my daughter would love a chance at a " wooly antler lamp " ????
  • Like 1

my daughter would love a chance at a " wooly antler lamp " ????

Psssssst..... wrong season! :derisive:

I'm sure Lou has a boat load of great prizes that wont disappoint.... as always!

I just try to help out when I can.

Edited by wooly
  • Like 4

Thank you, Paula and thank you everyone for the opportunity to help with a great event.

As a youngster hunting with my father gave me some great memories (Still does). Hunting with my nephew for the last few youth seasons has been some of the best experiences for me. I applaud everyone who encourages or mentors young folks especially hunting and fishing. When Paula messaged me this morning about the contest it was a no brainier for me.

Here is a Osage glass surface caller with a walnut/bamboo striker. Judges will let me know who this goes to when it's time.

Good luck to all the youths and their mentors.

image.jpg2_zpsndc0jlct.jpg

• Like 9

Thank you, Paula and thank you everyone for the opportunity to help with a great event.

As a youngster hunting with my father gave me some great memories (Still does). Hunting with my nephew for the last few youth seasons has been some of the best experiences for me. I applaud everyone who encourages or mentors young folks especially hunting and fishing. When Paula messaged me this morning about the contest it was a no brainier for me.

Here is a Osage glass surface caller with a walnut/bamboo striker. Judges will let me know who this goes to when it's time.

Good luck to all the youths and their mentors.

image.jpg2_zpsndc0jlct.jpg

Rick thank you for your donation. It is greatly appreciated!! I will contact you with the info you'll need to mail the call out to the winner of it, when it's time.

• Like 1

Just wanted to show one of the prizes that we will be offering.  The lamp was made by our very own wooly and he has graciously donated it for the contest.  Can't thank you enough wooly for supporting this contest and our youth hunters!!

post-857-0-99709700-1460248170_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...