Our Taxes AT Work

Airlines are already planning flights, a big American hotel has just signed an agreement to manage hotels there, Havana will soon be another tourist mecca for American's just as it currently is for the rest of the world.

I'm looking forward to drinking rum, smoking a cigar and partying with the Cuban ladies on the beach.

Airlines are already planning flights, a big American hotel has just signed an agreement to manage hotels there, Havana will soon be another tourist mecca for American's just as it currently is for the rest of the world.

I'm looking forward to drinking rum, smoking a cigar and partying with the Cuban ladies on the beach.

Except that the big "American" hotel is owned by the Chinese.

• Like 3

when can we get cigars? lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You can do so now if you're travelling by yourself or a small group.  Friends of mine have gone already.  They flew down to Miami then hopped on a ferry to Havana ($300 round trip).  While tourism isn't open yet, you can now enter Cuba for other reasons.  One of my friend said that he is an art student and he is going to study the local Cuban art.  No proof was asked.  They let him in.  The other said that he's in IT and is surveying the infrastructure for potential future opportunities.  Again, no proof was asked simply because they really don't care and they let them in.  Major hotels are not up yet but the AirBnB is already booming.  $30 a night with super friendly hosts.

Currently you can bring back cigars only if it's less than $100 worth in value and only "personal consumption".

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

The only thing I want to see returned from Cuba is Joanne Chesimard.  If you don't know, she killed a NJ State Trooper in May 1973, was sentenced to Life in prison in 1977, escaped in 1979 and has been living free in Cuba ever since.  Obama doesn't seem to think it's of any importance.

• Like 3

Obama goes to Cuba on a diplomatic trip and takes the wife, kids, and Mother-in-law.

What exactly is that doing for the country?

Nothing like taking your family traveling all over the world at tax payers expense. :fuckyou:

How is this different from Clinton's hair cuts or the toilet he put on AF1? Been going on years.

The only thing I want to see returned from Cuba is Joanne Chesimard.  If you don't know, she killed a NJ State Trooper in May 1973, was sentenced to Life in prison in 1977, escaped in 1979 and has been living free in Cuba ever since.  Obama doesn't seem to think it's of any importance.

With all the other crap going on today this is what you want resolved? A well over 37 year old case? How about some corporal punishment to the turds committing this same crime in the here and now?

Every single one of you, if you were the president, would be taking your wife and children everywhere you went.

Not true....With things the way they are in the world I would be more concerned about them being safe and secure in the US instead of them & the mother in-law getting to tour the world on taxpayer's dime.

Now it is off to Argentina with the whole crew and who knows where to next.

Aren't the "children" supposed to be in school or do they have their teachers with them.

Still seems to me like an abuse of taxpayer money. What the hell do we need to be in Argentina for anyways. Oh I forgot we have to find ways to combat the Zika Virus. That will probably do more harm than ISIS.

• Like 2

Black Bellamy  Here are some more facts for you to consider:

"Barack and Michelle Obama have traveled more than any other first couple — doing Spain, Africa, China, South America, among other distant spots. Often they’re accompanied by friends and Michelle Obama’s Mom, Marian Robinson, who’s been living in the White House at taxpayer expense since her son-in-law’s inauguration. And in some cases, Mrs. Robinson’s friends tag along."

"By one accounting, as of last July the Obamas had spent more than $44.4 million in taxpayer money on travel for 31 international trips lasting 119 days. For comparison, at the same point in his presidency Ronald Reagan had made 14 trips lasting 73 days"

"Michelle Obama and three of her family members stayed in a $8,350-per-night Beijing presidential suite." The 3,400-square-foot suite included a private steam room and in-room dining for six.

"Air Force revealing that Michelle Obama’s 2014 trip to China cost American taxpayers $362,523.53 in air travel expenses alone. The first lady, her daughters, and her mother spent March 19-26 in China." (2014)

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

With all the other crap going on today this is what you want resolved? A well over 37 year old case? How about some corporal punishment to the turds committing this same crime in the here and now?

With regard to Cuba, and only regarding Cuba, which is the gist of this thread, an escaped cop killer is the only thing they have that I want returned.  That is correct.  They can keep their communist tyranny and Caribbean crap hole forever, as far as I'm concerned.

As far as today's killers go, what do you think I want?

• Like 1

Every single one of you, if you were the president, would be taking your wife and children everywhere you went.

First, I'm not married.  2nd, my kids are on their own.  3rd, I wouldn't go anywhere that did not have the best interests of the US in mind, nor would I take anyone along that didn't have a reason for coming along.  Being President of the United States is not a celebrity position, nor an all expense vacation to be milked to the max.  It is the most difficult position to be bestowed upon anyone in the world.  It can be used to accomplish great things, or suck the life out of the fools that put you there.  Too often, the latter is the norm, but never quite as awful as the current occupant.

• Like 3

yes, that's one of the perks. But I'd try to be conscientious about it for appearance sake if nothing more. Not take separate flights hours apart, in laws tagging along, etc. I'd also attend important funerals, even though it's common for the POTUS to send the First Lady. This is the most divided our nation is been in my lifetime, and a few little things like that could be a step toward bipartisanship.
  • Like 1

I'm trying to remember when taxpayers agreed to give elected officials "perks".  Didn't we used to hold them accountable for every expense?  Wasn't personal enrichment prosecuted as embezzlement?  When did voters and taxpayers agree to get fleeced without screaming?

Probably when the cult of personality overrode common sense and voters began to believe these "representatives" were better than they are.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here because some times that's what I like to do.

When my wife had a research convention in San Diego, I went. I just had to pay for my own flight. Stayed in her hotel room and drove the rental which was paid for by grant money. Grant money at work! But in in reality, they were going to pay for all that stuff anyway even if I didn't tag along.

The PROTUS took Air Force One to Cuban. Last I check, Air Force One doesn't charge more per person. Does 3 extra people cost that much extra fuel? I'm sure he stayed at a Presidential Suite. Maybe they got an extra room for the daughters but I'm sure they didn't get an extra room for his wife. So the real extra cost that they could have potential cost tax payers is if they got an extra room for the daughters. There's also the possibility the Cubans pick up the hotel tab by treating the PROTUS as a guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok, Here's the good news. When he is out of the country, he is not screwing up our lives with his leftist legislation. That's good! if it takes family accompaniment to get him away from us, it is truly a good investment. Now what will it take to get all of congress on an all expense paid, year long, vacation to somewhere? .....Anywhere!

• Like 3