Arrested for Running over Dec Officer with ATV

Vince1

I doubt most people run after they're already stopped though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lavoy Finicum did!

I can't remember the last time running actually worked. With today's vehicles some of which can be disabled via a wifi hack, to drones, choppers and traffic cameras you just can't get away.

Or for that matter re-make Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry

• Like 1

I'd tend to think disrespect and intentionally meaning to run the ECO over are very far apart with the later not being the case.  Running the ECO over was probably a mistake.  that said I hope the kid driver gets fit punishment.  once it's all said and done and he's paid for his decisions, he drives it home.  kid rolls up to the ECO's house on his own free will, takes his hat off before speaking to give a heart felt apology, and it's followed by the shaking of hands.  Maybe even becomes ECO's biggest fan.  That'd be a good ending to the story.  seems to be events out of an old TV show compared to reality but then again it still happens I'm sure.

I'd tend to think disrespect and intentionally meaning to run the ECO over are very far apart with the later not being the case.  Running the ECO over was probably a mistake.  that said I hope the kid driver gets fit punishment.  once it's all said and done and he's paid for his decisions, he drives it home.  kid rolls up to the ECO's house on his own free will, takes his hat off before speaking to give a heart felt apology, and it's followed by the shaking of hands.  Maybe even becomes ECO's biggest fan.  That'd be a good ending to the story.  seems to be events out of an old TV show compared to reality but then again it still happens I'm sure.

sorry, can't classify those actions as a "mistake". The kid was old enough to know better. 

Kid was on an atv reiding on state land.

Im not real big on throwin the book at kids. I do believe their should be serious response. Just not life altering.

Agreed make lesson learned but realistically much worse offenses our there....wasn't doing drugs wasn't stealing so make lesson learned but don't ruin him....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Agreed make lesson learned but realistically much worse offenses our there....wasn't doing drugs wasn't stealing so make lesson learned but don't ruin him....

we aren't talking about a speeding ticket or even a wreck where no one was injured. This is a felony assault charge.  If his record is clean he could end up with just misdemeanors, probation and ACD. 

• Like 2

we aren't talking about a speeding ticket or even a wreck where no one was injured. This is a felony assault charge. If his record is clean he could end up with just misdemeanors, probation and ACD.

Yea probation com service ACD all good by me....felony is a bit steep if he is clean..

• Like 1

sorry, can't classify those actions as a "mistake". The kid was old enough to know better.

Oh he definitely should've known better and his decisions were a direct result of getting the ECO run over. Not condoning what he did in any degree. Just thinking his intentions were to just get out of there and not run anyone over. If that's the case I'd like to think he can still learn from this and not do time then hold the idea he should've ran over the ECO completely. If I'm an idiot for hoping any small resemblance of anything good can come out of this then so be it.

Oh he definitely should've known better and his decisions were a direct result of getting the ECO run over. Not condoning what he did in any degree. Just thinking his intentions were to just get out of there and not run anyone over. If that's the case I'd like to think he can still learn from this and not do time then hold the idea he should've ran over the ECO completely. If I'm an idiot for hoping any small resemblance of anything good can come out of this then so be it.

Not calling you and idiot by any stretch. but I think this letting kids out of personal responsibility is one of the keys to why the country is so f'd up. Where is the line for giving a pass. DUI and a wreck? street racing and running a kid on a bike over? I can use the "he didn't intend to hurt anyone" argument for sooooo many things that are illegal. 

• Like 4

This is the release. Truck.

Three Arrested after Assaulting DEC Officer During Off-Road Vehicle Enforcement Operation Incident Occurs as DEC and State Police Increase Enforcement of Illegal ATV/ORV Use in Pine Barrens

Three men face charges of up to ten years in jail after a joint detail by New York State Police and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation resulted in an Environmental Conservation Officer (ECO) being run over during an operation to crack down on illegal All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) use in the Pine Barrens.

On March 13, ECO Travis McNamara and NYS Trooper Fabio Daino were on a multi-agency ATV/ORV patrol, sponsored by the Pine Barrens Law Enforcement Council, when the officers encountered three four-wheel drive vehicles operating illegally off road on PSEG property in Shoreham. Officer McNamara was speaking to the driver of the lead truck, Trevor Galvez, 17, of Selden, when he and the other drivers attempted to flee. Galvez quickly backed up, running over the lower leg and foot of Officer McNamara, fracturing several bones. Officer McNamara was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital where he underwent surgery and was released later last week.

Trooper Daino apprehended Galvez and another driver, Richard Hughes, 23, of Sound Beach, a short distance away. ECOs arrested the driver of the third truck, 20-year-old Jesse Demers, of Selden, the following day at his residence.

"Illegal ATV and ORV use is a direct threat to the integrity of sensitive ecosystems like the Pine Barrens and public safety, and I'm proud to work with the State Police to step up our enforcement efforts to protect our environment and the people who responsibly enjoy it," said Acting DEC Commissioner Basil Seggos. "The safety of DEC's officers and staff is paramount, and I wish Officer McNamara a full and swift recovery. We will ensure that these men, and any individuals who harm or attempt to harm to our officers, receive the full extent of the law."

Trevor Galvez was charged with: Assault 2nd, a felony; Reckless Endangerment 2nd, a misdemeanor; Unlawful Fleeing of a Police Officer, a misdemeanor; Reckless Driving, a misdemeanor; and several vehicle and traffic law infractions. Assault 2nd can carry a maximum of seven years in prison, and each misdemeanor up to one year. Jesse Demers and Richard Hughes received identical charges minus the Assault 2nd.

The arrested suspects were processed at the State Police Troop L Barracks in Riverside and held overnight at the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office Detention Center in Riverhead. Each man was arranged and made bail.

The officers were part of a multi-agency ATV and ORV detail run by the Pine Barrens Law Enforcement Council (LEC). The council, formed in 1993, combats illegal ATV activity as well as other violations in the Pine Barrens. ATV and dirt bike riding can cause tremendous resource damage due to Long Island's sandy soils. The vehicles can create ruts in trails, tear up native vegetation and potentially disturb or injure other authorized recreational users.

Individuals who spot illegal activities are encouraged to call DEC's Environmental Conservation Officers at (631) 444-0250 during business hours, and (877) 457-5680 or (518) 408-5250 at all other times. Individuals can also call (877) BARRENS for non-emergency calls relating to the Pine Barrens.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/77537.html

Young punks like this, grow up knowing that, short of committing murder, there is little that will happen to them. Couple that with lenient "not my angel" or non existent parents and this is what happens. Not so long ago, an incident like this would have made national news. Now?? Who cares?? 

Kid was on an atv reiding on state land.

Im not real big on throwin the book at kids. I do believe their should be serious response. Just not life altering.

Every time it rains or he goes for a run and especially when he gets older that officers leg will never be the same.

Old enough to drive, old enough to do time. Operation of a 2 ton weapon has great responsibilities. They probably wish their parents would have taught them that when they sit in jail with rapists and murderers.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I was with you until you roped them in with rapists and murders

Prison, One less POS on state land...... The charge is too  harsh-- , given me a an effin brake. Send his arse away make the world a better place. He can go work in a factory in china when he gets out...... Imagine if the little turd doesnt go to prison and knocks up some slutomatic. More Lillte POSs running around. Put the trash were it belongs. 16 is a great age to get em put away before they breed more garbage..... Put him away tlll his winky dont work...