Site Update , Security, and Moderation Changes

If this site sucks so bad, why do you use it?

Im getting a little tired of people slamming the site over and over. If you don't like it, don't visit. If you guys continue to slam it, I can show you the door.

Please do ban this goofball. Or at the very least make him pay for all his free advertising that he is so in love with

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For the record, I support the dove hunting efforts. I don't support some of the tactics used to publicize/inform. Others have remarked the same to me about it, but it's not my role to insert myself into it.

It just leaves a bitter taste on a topic that people should be excited about.

I was and am prepared to donate for the advertising campaign, but the responses from you are making me second guess it out of concern for the abrasiveness.

I feel the exact same way

• Like 1

"Third we have been very laxed, perhaps to much in the moderation of posts and enforcement of our rules. The downside is a few members have chosen to exploit these opportunities to post curses, attacks and other completely useless content that doesn't belong here.  There will be no warnings other then this one.  Keep it clean, do not attack other members, do not curse (family site).   I and all the amazing folks that help maintain and participate in this community have no time to baby sit. We will no longer issue warnings for something you should already know.  You break the rules you are not welcome here.  See: http://huntingny.com/rules"

When will the rules start being enforced?

Is it ok for certain members to stalk and harass other members?

There is name calling in this thread for goodness sake.

And you, nor anyone who "liked" your stupid comment has ever recieved one from me.

I think this site should be renamed Wing Nuts who occasionally dapple in hunting or did 30 years ago...

the fact that redneck liked this comment is hilarious. Wing nuts can be both left and right.

• Like 2

If this site sucks so bad, why do you use it?

Im getting a little tired of people slamming the site over and over. If you don't like it, don't visit. If you guys continue to slam it, I can show you the door.

I get it. I've seen this statement a dozen times on various forums, and even in regards to presidential elections and people threatening to leave to Canada. My response has always been that at it's core this site is great. I've learned tons, enjoyed countless hours here and don't want to see it fail because of a few members political onslaught. So just leaving (as a few prominent members have done recently) isn't something anyone really "wants" in the end. What I believe the majority of members want is an improved experience, not a take everything or leave it decision.

Edited by Belo

I think this site should be renamed Wing Nuts who occasionally dapple in hunting or did 30 years ago...

Or…….. "puckered up tight dove hunting advocate who wants the site run HIS WAY" How would that sound??... Get over yourself chief. 

• Like 2

"Third we have been very laxed, perhaps to much in the moderation of posts and enforcement of our rules. The downside is a few members have chosen to exploit these opportunities to post curses, attacks and other completely useless content that doesn't belong here.  There will be no warnings other then this one.  Keep it clean, do not attack other members, do not curse (family site).   I and all the amazing folks that help maintain and participate in this community have no time to baby sit. We will no longer issue warnings for something you should already know.  You break the rules you are not welcome here.  See: http://huntingny.com/rules"

Guess its a good thing they did not enforce them to hard.  For your sake!

• Like 1

For the record, I support the dove hunting efforts. I don't support some of the tactics used to publicize/inform. Others have remarked the same to me about it, but it's not my role to insert myself into it.

It just leaves a bitter taste on a topic that people should be excited about.

I was and am prepared to donate for the advertising campaign, but the responses from you are making me second guess it out of concern for the abrasiveness.

Same here. I'm typically all for anything that means more hunting opportunities in our state. I intended to donate $ at first, but got turned off from every thread somehow derailing into dove hunting. For example, the way the tinlodge promotes Xbow hunting is done much better. Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Guess its a good thing they did not enforce them to hard.  For your sake!

Go ahead and find some examples of me breaking the rules since the warning went out on this thread.

You on the other hand IMO, stalk and throw names around on a regular basis.

Why are you and a few others allowed to constantly crap on others threads and stalk? I find your actions on here disturbing and sad, to think a future hunter might read some of the things you type should embarrass you but I know it doesn't. The openness with which you recommend and brag about breaking game laws should have got you banned long ago.

• Like 1

Love this site but the political posts and bashing is a big turn off.  Simply put if you do not have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.  Nothing wrong with disagreeing about some issues like doe season, crossbows or any other post but the attacks on each other are disheartening to say the least.

A few things missing:  Respect, we are all hunters show some respect regardless if the person is a first year hunter or has been in the game for over 70 years.  No one likes to be trampled on regardless of insight or knowledge on the subject and we are all entitled to our opinions.  If you disagree state why and be done with the post, no need to follow a post you disagree with just so you can rebut someone who might agree.

Learn to let the little things go,  I can say for sure someone will disagree with you on something, no point in getting upset over someone wrong on the internet we have millions of them and you can fix the ignorant or misinformed. 

Try to see things from others point of view.  I had to step back from my "Big Buck" mentality to jump on the doe ban wagon, crossbows, youth hunts etc.  but in the long run this site has changed my opinion on many things seeing it the way others do!  Perspective!!!  We all see different things in the woods so remember not all perspective will be the same, try to understand why others have a different view.    

If you really do not like the site then LEAVE!!!  Staying on a site you do not like sounds self serving and egocentric to me!

Keep up the good work!  Hope the updates work out to all of our benefits.

Thanks again to one of my favorite sites on the internet!  Keep up the good work! 

• Like 2

Go ahead and find some examples of me breaking the rules since the warning went out on this thread.

You on the other hand IMO, stalk and throw names around on a regular basis.

Why are you and a few others allowed to constantly crap on others threads and stalk? I find your actions on here disturbing and sad, to think a future hunter might read some of the things you type should embarrass you but I know it doesn't. The openness with which you recommend and brag about breaking game laws should have got you banned long ago

Ha,...Since the warning was out???  I believe you read the rules the day you signed up... Nothing new has been added. 

I am not one bit worried about what i say on here. 100% truth and fact.   There is no stalking on a public site. They post and one agrees or disagrees. Just happens to be that i dont agree with a season on a songbird that is far and few between or wasting my money on put and shoot Pheasants. Just the way it is.

As far as law breaking you have no clue what we can do on our properties and how we can go about it without the worry of laws.

Us landowners know that stuff!  Keep Trying!

Can we get a vaping section added to the site as long as it's under construction? :smoke:

I pulled up to a red light today and I thought Cheech & Chong were in the car next to me.........holy cow what a smoke show!  Not sure how they could drive. :)

You only Maple Rd today wooly?

• Like 1

I pulled up to a red light today and I thought Cheech & Chong were in the car next to me.........holy cow what a smoke show!  Not sure how they could drive. :)

You only Maple Rd today wooly?

No mahn..., 'twasn't me mahn.

We wuz on da Harris Heeeel Road mahn!

• Like 5

I get it. I've seen this statement a dozen times on various forums, and even in regards to presidential elections and people threatening to leave to Canada. My response has always been that at it's core this site is great. I've learned tons, enjoyed countless hours here and don't want to see it fail because of a few members political onslaught. So just leaving (as a few prominent members have done recently) isn't something anyone really "wants" in the end. What I believe the majority of members want is an improved experience, not a take everything or leave it decision.

Theres a big difference between constructive criticism, and saying something "sucks", etc. Thats what I am trying to get at.

• Like 1

Like I said before, shoot a PM to us or report the posts so we are sure to see them. We dont read every thread all the time.

• 1 month later...