Common May 1st!!!

maytom

I haven't hunted in two years. Basically because the population has been down on my property. I've seen five and six bird groups during deer season so I figure I'd let them grow in numbers for a while. I did see a sizable flock this spring but I think I'll give them one more year.

Still I might chalk up the box and see if we can't carry on some conversations, just for grins.

If I do call one in I'll have my story and a bigger grin. Now I'm thinking - take a camera.

Wish you all luck though.

My first bird from May 2008  post-7255-0-09327800-1459352540_thumb.jp

• Like 1

15 or so behind house today with a couple fanned right out....wish I turkey hunted

Sent from my SM-N920V using

Tapatalk

No reason not to, many different ways to hunt.. don't like getting up sleep in and then go,or get up early and try, or roost the night before.get in close and try early am then go home and back to bed.. much more interactive than deer hunting.. just do as much as you want, but when you hear a bird spit and drum so close to you your whe head vibrates ...you'll be hooked
  • Like 5

Looking forward to May 1st this year. Last year I went to grab my bow to check it over and start shooting and it was dust. This year, I have my 12ga and I am ready! Already did a pattern check this morning and all is good. If my calling is right and I get one inside 30 yards, going to have a real turkey for next Thanksgiving!

Good luck to all this Spring!

Edited by ....rob

Saw about 40 in back yards tonight . Not much of a turkey Hunter myself , I've killed a few Toms , but i average less then a couple hunts a year .

I will say though , one of my buddies gets up his normal time eats breakfast and heads out , he kills Toms every year . I tend to do the same when I do go ,I hate getting getting up so early to beat them flying down .

• Like 1

I haven't hunted in two years. Basically because the population has been down on my property. I've seen five and six bird groups during deer season so I figure I'd let them grow in numbers for a while. I did see a sizable flock this spring but I think I'll give them one more year.

Still I might chalk up the box and see if we can't carry on some conversations, just for grins.

If I do call one in I'll have my story and a bigger grin. Now I'm thinking - take a camera.

Wish you all luck though.

My first bird from May 2008  attachicon.gif1st Turkey 08.JPG

Nice big bird!!!

Saw about 40 in back yards tonight . Not much of a turkey Hunter myself , I've killed a few Toms , but i average less then a couple hunts a year .

I will say though , one of my buddies gets up his normal time eats breakfast and heads out , he kills Toms every year . I tend to do the same when I do go ,I hate getting getting up so early to beat them flying down .

I'm afraid to miss listening to the woods wake up. So alarm gets set for 3 a.m. Tim Hortons on the fly. Listening to the robins , the cardinals , wood thrush, crows and then gobbles as the sun starts to peek out. That's half the fun IMO. I'm a morning person. Love the fact my now 13 year old daughter will be dressed 2 minutes after I wake her too. Timbits make a good incentive lol
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the XR's. Outstanding patterns! At 45 yards, I had 27 and 36 head / neck pellets in the 2 shots I took. I got the #5 shot.

My boy and I are super excited about the youth hunt. This year will be the year of redemption!!!!! (I really hope)

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I was planning on heading out this morning, but other plans got in the way. Tomorrow "WILL" be the last time out for this guy. Just hope I can get a gobbler interested in playing the game!!!

• Like 1