Anti xbow question

stoneam2006

Those of you that bow hunt with your weapon of choice, whether long, recurve or compound bow and are upset because some one on an adjoining property chooses to use a Xbow which might have some advantages over you ..... IMHO, seems some what hypocritical!

I stopped being "upset" quite a few years ago. But this thread was about opinions. I have plenty of private land, but yea it's bordered by gun only hunters. So I can still feel how I do do about crossbows and not be upset.

Compounds are no harder than xbow imo....some instances each shine and the other doesn't....I don't want to control deer pop with xbow but I do think it will help where needed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Doc's point about us rehashing this over and over is spot on, in the past there was always claiming they weren't any easier. It's hard to believe there's someone still playing that card though... Especially when earlier in the thread he touted them as being more efficient and he's to busy to practice with a compound and that's why he likes a crossbow.

*scratches his head*

• Like 1

And that's why you are so dumbfounded by anti-crossbow guys.

The season was intended to be a challenge, not a way to control the deer population like the morons at the DEC thought. It's meant for those who wanted to push themselves to a higher skill and ability. Because you don't understand that and view hunting as killing is why you don't understand why we are so passionate about preserving it.

I'm only 32, but this culture of everything should just be automated and easy is ridiculous. Hard work got me where i am, not taking shortcuts.

And not one of the new regulations will stop you from pushing yourself to whatever level of difficulty you choose. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 3

There is a tone of public land that is hardly hunted. Especially after opening g weekend

During archery season even during the 2 week xbow season I have run into 1 guy...that's it....even during gun season after opening day and thanksgiving no one is around

How would you know it happened? Increased pressure from guys not doing a good job covering their scent...

You must hunt in some serious big woods....scent control is a non issue for a major part of state...between tractors cars wood stoves sawmills loggers hikers birdwatchers and anyone else walking down the roads unless you seriously stink they don't smell you....and yes in 15 years I have never been busted by scent anywhere but the adks

Movement sure sound yes scent no....and I eat drink and have smoked in stand....also pump gas ride my quad store clothes in garage all with hunting clothes on....scent control is a gimmick created to make money

You must hunt in some serious big woods....scent control is a non issue for a major part of state...between tractors cars wood stoves sawmills loggers hikers birdwatchers and anyone else walking down the roads unless you seriously stink they don't smell you....and yes in 15 years I have never been busted by scent anywhere but the adks

Movement sure sound yes scent no....and I eat drink and have smoked in stand....also pump gas ride my quad store clothes in garage all with hunting clothes on....scent control is a gimmick created to make money

I don't know you from Adam, but I call bs... Either that or you don't see many deer.. ;)

I've got a great idea- I'm going to talk about things I don't know about to justify my wants. Hmmm let's compare two different mechanical vertical bows to justify a string propelled projectile gun because I want one. Genius!

Why do true archers dislike crossbows? No idea. I dislike able bodied folks who prefer them. Why do you ask? Because they're most likely the same shysters that ruin gun season through unethical slobbish behavior and now that same fraternity wants to corrupt the remaining season

It's an opinion- you don't have to like it..... But at least I justified it. Why can't you just be happy with trashing all of November? Your illegal bait piles, deer drives and buck bombs won't work as well in October anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And that's your belief what did the do before the scent local craze

I'm definitely with you on the marketing of scent control products...

IMO a waste of money for the most part..playing the wind will win over expensive products 9 out of 10 times.. Same goes for most camo.. Heck I wear it now admittedly because it looks cool..lol.. I haven't seen where I see more deer with it though..I'm sure I have killed more deer wearing jeans and a hoody.

• Like 1

Those of you that bow hunt with your weapon of choice, whether long, recurve or compound bow and are upset because some one on an adjoining property chooses to use a Xbow which might have some advantages over you ..... IMHO, seems some what hypocritical!

Im not hypocritical. Again, I just think that a lot of X bow hunters won't admit why they really choose an X bow. I use a compound because its easier than a long bow or recurve. People use X bows because they are easier than all of them.  I also use a scoped inline muzzle loader, because they are easier than a side lock patch and ball set up. …...No big deal.

I've got a great idea- I'm going to talk about things I don't know about to justify my wants. Hmmm let's compare two different mechanical vertical bows to justify a string propelled projectile gun because I want one. Genius!

Why do true archers dislike crossbows? No idea. I dislike able bodied folks who prefer them. Why do you ask? Because they're most likely the same shysters that ruin gun season through unethical slobbish behavior and now that same fraternity wants to corrupt the remaining season

It's an opinion- you don't have to like it..... But at least I justified it. Why can't you just be happy with trashing all of November? Your illegal bait piles, deer drives and buck bombs won't work as well in October anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See it all comes down to xbow hunters ruining elitists archery season...it don't really matter it's just a matter of time till it passes...hope you don't ruin us xbow guys seasons

You've jumped the shark buddy. Not only are compounds easier to use than crossbows, but now scent control isn't a concern. I literally laughed out loud and my wife just gave me a weird look. Playing the wind works fine, you will kill deer. Even if you're contracting cancer in the stand, but good scent control IMPROVES your odds.

Gun hunter, scent control doesn't matter wants to use a crossbow guy here in the flesh folks. Made my point for me.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure saying clown invasion and noob hunters is illogical

Back in the day and growing up in a "More cows than People" county, we always blamed the %^&$ city hunters.

Edited by RoadKill44

You've jumped the shark buddy. Not only are compounds easier to use than crossbows, but now scent control isn't a concern. I literally laughed out loud and my wife just gave me a weird look.

Gun hunter, scent control doesn't matter wants to use a crossbow guy here in the flesh folks. Made my point for me.

Coming from a guy who when asked a honest logical reason to hate xbow said ....and I quote

"Clown hunter invasion"

Case closed can't take anything you say seriously sorry can't wait for full inclusion and hope that every kid and parent takes and a archery course goes and buys one of those magical unicorn horn shooting 100 yards outta box xbow you speak of and kills every deer and turkey around floods the woods worse than pumpkin season and I'll sit back and enjoy the crying...good luck with your compound.....I'll shoot one with my vert and post it here just for you....

Back in the day and growing up in a "More cows than People" county, we always blamed the %^&$ city hunters.

Sorry in advance to city hunters...

We still do lol.....cityiots

But honestly most of time it's probably Joe blow from down the valley with the illegal bait pile his boy Fred jacking deer at night and his wife daughter and sister filling out tags...

But the post was asking for honest logical reasons...

• Like 2

Coming from a guy who when asked a honest logical reason to hate xbow said ....and I quote

"Clown hunter invasion"

Case closed can't take anything you say seriously sorry can't wait for full inclusion and hope that every kid and parent takes and a archery course goes and buys one of those magical unicorn horn shooting 100 yards outta box xbow you speak of and kills every deer and turkey around floods the woods worse than pumpkin season and I'll sit back and enjoy the crying...good luck with your compound.....I'll shoot one with my vert and post it here just for you....

Nail in the coffin. Crossbow hunter wants to kill every deer and turkey in the woods.

Clown.

It doesn't matter to me if someone needs to use a crossbow as no one does on any property that I hunt on . Actually if it gets women and kids out there , great . Kids will get bored and most women can't go without perfume or hairspray so maybe they will spook deer from the adjacent property over to me . That would be a big plus .

I don't support crossbows nor do I fight against them . I couldn't care less ! 

• Like 2

See it all comes down to xbow hunters ruining elitists archery season...it don't really matter it's just a matter of time till it passes...hope you don't ruin us xbow guys seasons

congrats on the hero thread.

I agree- it will pass soon. Why? Because the DEC want deer numbers as low as possible. What better way to accomplish that than a group of selfish tail following fools with not even a scrap of conservation ethic? Too closed minded to know, or notice, until its too late.

I'm not an elitist archer, I am an elitist hunter who got here through giving a crap about the animals, the environment and the activity. If you cared- your contribution would be closer to comparing your crossbow to a rifle not to that of a vertical bow or admitting the lack of dedication and vigor able bodied who want crossguns have.

• Like 1

congrats on the hero thread.

I agree- it will pass soon. Why? Because the DEC want deer numbers as low as possible. What better way to accomplish that than a group of selfish tail following fools with not even a scrap of conservation ethic? Too closed minded to know, or notice, until its too late.

I'm not an elitist archer, I am an elitist hunter who got here through giving a crap about the animals, the environment and the activity. If you cared- your contribution would be closer to comparing your crossbow to a rifle not to that of a vertical bow or admitting the lack of dedication and vigor able bodied who want crossguns have.

I can't take any more deer than any other year. Same amt of tags just a slightly different weapon....and who cares what I use...it shouldn't matter if it ethicly kills the target animal....some want high power bb guns I don't support that but that's another topic...I support more hunters in this sport....I support right to chose how you take your game....I support anyone who chooses a xbow rifle or inline just as much as anyone else....getting close enough to kill any target animal is hard enough ...so unless magicly I'm going to get more tags the deer pop will not fluctuate much...Especially bc the archery class will be REQUIRED that alone will stop many that were out last year. The dec don't want numbers as low as possible otherwise I'd get a tag for my house and I can't (3 pref required) they want numbers low where the pop is high. They are pushing this voluntary AR all over state for past 3 years...they can only do so much especially when guys are fighting about xbows snares and other pointless fights....if we all quit fighting dumb stuff and worked together on pressing issues maybe they get something right

Edit...BTW never noticed your avatar...sweet pic if the trapped yote my 5 yr old got to experience that for first time this year....

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1