Turkey Dust Bowls

LET EM GROW

I was just curious, if anyone here has ever made a turkey dust bowl, I'm going to try and attempt it here soon. I have a few that I'm aware of on neighboring properties, but i would liek to keep the birds even more on my property, rather than on theirs.. 

I was thinking of finding a dryer spot, clearing debris just off the edge of the woods and near a food plot possibly, in a safe zone.. and then dump some sand and maybe mix some fine pebble stones.. about a 6ft diameter spot. basically make a replica of what ive seen on neighboring properties..

In the dry months ive seen them dust in bare sandy spots of the food plots, but id like to "concentrate them" some more onto my piece and get some more turkey trail cam pics...

Just curious if anyone has made one successfully.. 

Ive always wanted too build one or two and do so successfully, but I have yet to do so. This spring will be the year. We actually have a pavillion on a fneighbors piece, that doesnt get used anymore besides for storing farm equipment. So where the fire pit used to be, they dust themselves there, all the time. In fact when the calling and run n' gunning isnt working. ill setup under a piece of farm equipment and fill a tag. Kind of a last resort option

I have hunted adjacent to them but never created one.  Cool idea.  I would be interested to hear how it works out for ya.

I hunted a farm in WNY last year where a jake religiously would come to dust himself.  Looked like he was having as much fun flopping and rolling in the dirt as my yellow dog in the snow.  Fun to watch.