post-1948-0-38463800-1459896092_thumb.jppost-1948-0-21723600-1459896126_thumb.jppost-1948-0-68403400-1459896184_thumb.jppost-1948-0-87505000-1459896220_thumb.jppost-1948-0-96313400-1459896266_thumb.jppost-1948-0-42217500-1459896305_thumb.jppost-1948-0-47612300-1459896322_thumb.jp

April 12 and April 15, 2016

April 12, 2016 is Humane Lobby Day in Albany. Over 150 activists will meet with legislators or their staff to advocate for policy which reduces your opportunity to hunt doves and other webless migratory game birds and train your bird dog or retriever gun dog.

Action to Take Today: Go to this link find your senate and assembly representatives and copy a form letter to send them:  http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/humane-lobby-day.html

April 15, 2016 is the last day the DEC will accept responses to its Webless Migratory Game Bird Survey. This survey asks questions which apparently are intended to assess the change in interest level of respondents toward hunting webless migratory game birds over the last 5 years.

Action to Take Today: First be aware that there is a national movement to eliminate hunting for webless migratory game birds, including woodcock. One of the justifications given by those seeking this policy change is that there is a “lack of interest” in hunting mourning doves, woodcock, snipe, and rails. Thus, think – out your responses so that you do not relay an unintended message. This survey was sent by either postal mail or email. If you were not selected as a respondent, then by all means write to the DEC prior to April 15 in support of hunting webless migratory game birds. Be sure to include in your correspondence that it is important that mourning dove hunting is reinstated in NY.

• Like 1

Just incase you didn't know the top animal first pic isn't a bird....lmao

Cool looking birds what are the ones with long beak? Woodcock?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The only woodcock shown is the larger bird on the orange cloth. All of the other long-billed birds are snipe.

The purpose of the photo of the snipe and woodcock on the orange cloth was to show the difference between a snipe and a woodcock.

• Like 1

Great pics Mike, just so you guys know, a woodcock is a pretty small bird, tastes about like liver.  The snipe is even smaller and never got to taste one.  

Doves are bigger and hopefully we can hunt them here in NY sometime in the near future.

My aunt used to road hunt them, literally, with her '68 dodge coronette (sp?), but that's because she hated their early morning cooing and they woke her up! Ha!!

Edited by Jaeger

Great pics Mike, just so you guys know, a woodcock is a pretty small bird, tastes about like liver.  The snipe is even smaller and never got to taste one.  

Doves are bigger and hopefully we can hunt them here in NY sometime in the near future.

My aunt used to road hunt them, literally, with her '68 dodge coronette (sp?), but that's because she hated their early morning cooing and they woke her up! Ha!!

Several types of game meats have a slight, barely noticeable, liver taste. Woodcock are great table birds.

The important thing to do today is to express your interest in hunting doves, woodcock, snipe, and rails to the DEC and to your state senate and assembly reps. 

You should also mention the importance of preserving the state pheasant stocking program. But do it today - Humane Lobby Day is only 6 days away, and the DEC is canvassing input about webless migratory game birds for only 9 more days. 

attachicon.gif12188994_1679543542289233_6418173786709100897_n.jpgattachicon.gif12195123_762770127178498_3774159219885245926_o.jpgattachicon.gif12189775_762770083845169_8280841527324521311_n.jpgattachicon.gif12307455_899348150133310_3506216960972695998_o.jpgattachicon.gif12359844_10153298671825509_6911505188065405389_n.jpgattachicon.gifwebless migratory game bird survey- dove answer-2.jpgattachicon.gifwebless migratory game bird survey- dove answer-2.jpg

April 12, 2016 is Humane Lobby Day in Albany. Over 150 activists will meet with legislators or their staff to advocate for policy which reduces your opportunity to hunt doves and other webless migratory game birds and train your bird dog or retriever gun dog.

Action to Take Today: Go to this link find your senate and assembly representatives and copy a form letter to send them:  http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/humane-lobby-day.html

April 15, 2016 is the last day the DEC will accept responses to its Webless Migratory Game Bird Survey. This survey asks questions which apparently are intended to assess the change in interest level of respondents toward hunting webless migratory game birds over the last 5 years.

Action to Take Today: First be aware that there is a national movement to eliminate hunting for webless migratory game birds, including woodcock. One of the justifications given by those seeking this policy change is that there is a “lack of interest” in hunting mourning doves, woodcock, snipe, and rails. Thus, think – out your responses so that you do not relay an unintended message. This survey was sent by either postal mail or email. If you were not selected as a respondent, then by all means write to the DEC prior to April 15 in support of hunting webless migratory game birds. Be sure to include in your correspondence that it is important that mourning dove hunting is reinstated in NY.

So, will you be in Albany on 4/12 Mike? Actually, where are you from again? I might be wrong, but I think you mentioned in a thread you are from WNY.

Action to Take Today: Go to this link find your senate and assembly representatives and copy a form letter to send them:  http://nydovehunting...-lobby-day.html

This is madness over a little bird. We need a diehard like this fighting for Xbow inclusion. Then I would really donate $.

All this effort.....could have just went to Argentina for a few days and shot literally thousands of doves and you'd be good for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1