Cypress creek renewables?

woodchuck

I got a package in the mail a couple days ago saying they want to lease a minimum of 20 acres at $1,500 an acre for 20 years for a solar energy farm. They cover taxes on the portion they lease. 2% cost of living increase every year. Sounds like a nice retirement nest egg for me, but sounds too good to be true. Anybody know anything about this? I looked it up on the internet and haven't found anything bad. Any info about this company or solar energy farms would be great.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Find out where they have other solar farms and go talk to the lease owners there. I'm in a wind lease and did such a thing and it was very informative.

I am going to call these guys and see what they have to say. I will ask about anything they leased by me. I can't find any of that info on the net.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I also received a packet from Cypress Creek Renewables. They are legit. but there contract is daunting to say the least! You will need a big time lawyer to navigate the fine print. The worst part of it is there ability to walk away at any point,leaving you with lawyer bills and or lost income that you suddenly had become used to. Very complex contract with many grey areas.

it's a long process once they even make the decision to put it on your property.  know of a company that tried putting several in within this region.  invested a lot of $... over a million.  then found out utility company's substations couldn't handle to power going into the grid.  utility said no problem they'd just send a bill to upgrade their stuff in the tune of 8 figures.  it brought everything to a screeching hault.