Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

Alot of guys on here will tell you late ML season is the best....myself included. These inlines are a ton 0f fun to shoot and the woods and deer population calms down and returns to an archery season type feel. Personally haven't taken a buck in the late season, and that is another driving factor for me to try and hit the woods for that last minute pursuit of bone!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12/3: I didn't hunt today, but my Dad went out (of course). He texted me around 820am to say that he saw a nice heavy furred up yote went by him at just 40 yards but he couldn't stop it for a shot. He moved even faster after he let a yelp to try to stop it. It's a been a big increase in yote sightings this year for us.

Anyway, at 850am, 9am, and 910am my blind blindly bleat called. Right after he bleated at 910am a high spike came barreling out of the pines. Probably the one I saw last Saturday in same exact spot. Dad passed him up and then a few minutes later a 6 came flying out of the pines as well. My dad let out a sound to stop the buck and shot the buck around 70yds. The buck dropped right there.

Dad still has one of those flip phones still so this is best pic he could send me since he was alone. He took better pics with digital camera of himself and the buck but I won't see those till he prints them.

I'm really happy for my Dad since he's hunted like 24 or 25 full days out of the possible 28 since 11/5 xbow opener. He has seen more bucks this year than ever but couldn't seal the deal with xbow.

He's done hunting until late xbow season. I may try one more time with gun on Sunday the 11th but we'll see how I feel next weekend......

1980d8ab6d17a5e19bffa2c9e345d841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

12/3: I didn't hunt today, but my Dad went out (of course). He texted me around 820am to say that he saw a nice heavy furred up yote went by him at just 40 yards but he couldn't stop it for a shot. He moved even faster after he let a yelp to try to stop it. It's a been a big increase in yote sightings this year for us.

Anyway, at 850am, 9am, and 910am my blind blindly bleat called. Right after he bleated at 910am a high spike came barreling out of the pines. Probably the one I saw last Saturday in same exact spot. Dad passed him up and then a few minutes later a 6 came flying out of the pines as well. My dad let out a sound to stop the buck and shot the buck around 70yds. The buck dropped right there.

Dad still has one of those flip phones still so this is best pic he could send me since he was alone. He took better pics with digital camera of himself and the buck but I won't see those till he prints them.

I'm really happy for my Dad since he's hunted like 24 or 25 full days out of the possible 28 since 11/5 xbow opener. He has seen more bucks this year than ever but couldn't seal the deal with xbow.

He's done hunting until late xbow season. I may try one more time with gun on Sunday the 11th but we'll see how I feel next weekend......

1980d8ab6d17a5e19bffa2c9e345d841.jpg

nice job......was this on the new property?

8 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Alot of guys on here will tell you late ML season is the best....myself included. These inlines are a ton 0f fun to shoot and the woods and deer population calms down and returns to an archery season type feel. Personally haven't taken a buck in the late season, and that is another driving factor for me to try and hit the woods for that last minute pursuit of bone!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I got one this year to extend the season. I have two vacation days left not including Xmas and will possibly save them till then. The woods I am at are insanely pressured. If there is anything left maybe it will be more apt to come out during ML.

• Like 2

Heading out tomorrow morning. Finally no wind and hopefully a nice buck moves before the snow/ice we supposed to get tomorrow afternoon. Going to be 22 degrees, perfect.

Here's a few more pics of my Dad's buck and 1 more of mine. These were on my Dad's cam.

f0ff1b42f4b5dbe746008cb47bd50a55.jpg

dc06f6558722eb12e65058da747d8fde.jpg

918383a564b476d0d4f24b33bd5fde51.jpg

• Like 7

12/11: I hunted alone dark - 1030am. No deer seen.

4 years in a row I could have shot small buck with gun but let them go. Someday I'll be rewarded with a big one.

Dad will probably hunt several days this upcoming week with xbow buck tag.

12/12:

Dad didn't hunt morning in the rain. He walked in around 130 with xbow. He spotted a nice big body buck (at least 6pt) staring at him from 75yds. Chip shot with gun but nothing he could do with xbow. The buck slowly walked away and he wasn't going to try to track with just the xbow. He saw nothing rest of the day, but at least he knows there is still 1 good buck roaming around.

12/14: Dad hunted dark to dark with xbow. Only action was At 4pm when he blew bleat call and had 2 doe pop out at 40 yards, but no buck.

He will probably only hunt the first few hours tomorrow since we are supposed to get some crazy winds tomorrow (40mph+).

7 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Well you and your father definitely had good seasons. 2 bucks down on your own property and your guys saw quite a few good bucks. Hopefully that continues to next year. 

Yea, the WTI clover never grew. Deer hammered it too quick. May try the WTI throw and grow in the spring as a test run, and then do it again in late august. Hopefully xbows will be allowed as of 10/1 next year. All the bucks were in our acorn areas throughout October all day long every day, but moved on in November.