Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, the WTI clover never grew. Deer hammered it too quick. May try the WTI throw and grow in the spring as a test run, and then do it again in late august. Hopefully xbows will be allowed as of 10/1 next year. All the bucks were in our acorn areas throughout October all day long every day, but moved on in November.

Maybe you can try to stop them from coming into the clover by using an electric fence. Not sure if it will be allowed next year, but eventually it'll be allowed all bow season. Like it or hate it, its bound to happen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Maybe you can try to stop them from coming into the clover by using an electric fence. Not sure if it will be allowed next year, but eventually it'll be allowed all bow season. Like it or hate it, its bound to happen. 

Yea, if it doesn't pass by summertime I'll just buy a compound.

• Like 1

12/19/16: Dad hunted dark – dark. He saw nothing all morning till 10am, so he took a slow walk through the pines with his xbow and snuck up on 2 does and 2 fawns all together, but no bucks though so he passed. Nothing the rest of the day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was out 7-10am. It was 15 degrees, 5 with the windchill. Did 3 sets of e calling, no luck. My cell cam which stopped sending texts as of 1/1/17 had a bunch of pics of deer, yotes, red fox, skunk, raccoon, etc. glad to see the spike I had pics of all year made it through the season.

3ed5a20039318cdca642ec7958a3b89f.jpg

6a2f3eebf0690fd6cdd163197aec5f82.jpg

1b08a21d68696de390444e0f3a087c15.jpg

ef5bdc5891104582205260b8ac458b58.jpg

f71444b85940d36759cc7ea946c8619e.jpg9374a5158fe7035ddccabe534d2c7859.jpg

d645607ce0365b10e1bb2a02b4ffe1e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You need to contact phase about the cell cam....At&t stopped supporting 2g networks....I still have to get a hold of him as well...I think he has something for those cams through T-Mobile now

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I did, but not looking to spend a bunch per month for it.

Whatcha got stuffed in the shotgun for predator loads? That a Citori O/U ? Lot's of tracks there.

I couldn't locate any #4 buck at Cabela's so loaded up with low recoil OO I had on hand this morning. No takers on fox/coyote. Quite a few fox tracks around from last night though.

Had a half dozen crow dekes and an owl set up. Crows that came in are still flying around. I suck at wing shooting. I'll blame the earths rotation for my 0-2 . 3 Redtail hawks were intrigued by the E call and came in fairly close. I missed seeing the mink dinking around in creek behind me. Saw a flock of 25 or so Robins. Just nice to be out there.

Whatcha got stuffed in the shotgun for predator loads? That a Citori O/U ? Lot's of tracks there.
I couldn't locate any #4 buck at Cabela's so loaded up with low recoil OO I had on hand this morning. No takers on fox/coyote. Quite a few fox tracks around from last night though.
Had a half dozen crow dekes and an owl set up. Crows that came in are still flying around. I suck at wing shooting. I'll blame the earths rotation for my 0-2 . 3 Redtail hawks were intrigued by the E call and came in fairly close. I missed seeing the mink dinking around in creek behind me. Saw a flock of 25 or so Robins. Just nice to be out there.

Charles Daly 12ga. 2 3/4 with 4 Buck 27 pellets.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming there will be a thorough tick-check later. ;-]

If memory serves, you and your dad closed on the property March 27th of last year. I remember because it's my birthday. Anyway, best of luck to you. And congratulations on having some place of your own to 'escape' to for a day or a weekend.

• Like 1