Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

Figured I would start the journal early this year this my parents bought a piece of land and I decided to scout and run some cameras earlier than normal. Closing was a few weeks ago. Easter Sunday (3/27/16), I helped my Dad finish posting the property and put out 2 trail cameras. Pics and more to come....

Figured I would start the journal early this year this my parents bought a piece of land and I decided to scout and run some cameras earlier than normal. Closing was a few weeks ago. Easter Sunday (3/27/16), I helped my Dad finish posting the property and put out 2 trail cameras. Pics and more to come....

How many acres is it?

Check my non-cell cam today and was happy to get lots of deer pics, 1 red fox, 1 fox or yote. Also, shocked to see so many turkey pics. Maybe ill try turkey hunting this year. I'll be away for opening day, but maybe my Dad will try to get one. As someone who never hunted turkeys before, is this Tom a decent one or a young one? Clearly it has a beard, but no clue if its 6" or 10"? The turkeys were on cam 11 out of the last 14 days. Many pics of females as well.

That power line would be my number 1 go to when it comes to scouting and maybe some planting. The bucks will stage and walk the inside of that line when it come's scent checking time.

Were the rub's very far off the power line?

Most rubs are in 2 spots. 1 spot is a plateau type section with lots of acorns. Haven't seen acorns anywhere nearby. This spot is about 100yds below power lines. 2nd spot with lots of rubs in a heavy old overgrown login trail which is about 400yds below powerlines and about 400yds above a swampy area.

So any turkeys experts to field judge those guys? I assume the Tom with red head and not blue is younger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just smack 'em and let the taxi worry about calculating the measurements!