Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

Deer search! Call them as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, he can't. Neighbors are antis won't allow access. He's limited to a small area (3 acres), which is actually cut in half, because he knows the deer didn't run by him in the opposite direction.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:58 AM, ATbuckhunter said:

Hey biz if you guys want to try butchering your own deer id have no problem showing you guys how to do it. Should take no more than 2 hours for the whole deer. 

I'd be honored to take lessons from someone who can butcher a deer in 2 hours.......I'll bring the deer.

Really hope your Dad finds his deer. Sending good thoughts and mojo! If it was closer I'd bring a dog to get a line started.

Thanks. I have to work all week so can't help. Looks like rain tomorrow. Sucks....

Unfortunately, he can't. Neighbors are antis won't allow access. He's limited to a small area (3 acres), which is actually cut in half, because he knows the deer didn't run by him in the opposite direction.

Oh that blows. Hopefully he's down somewhere close.

• Like 1

Oh that blows. Hopefully he's down somewhere close.

Yea too bad it wasn't on the land he just bought otherwise of course he would have tried the dog route.

• Like 1

Talked to my Dad and he's super bummed out. Said the buck was the same rack size of his 9pt (see pic) but heavier mass. Was at least an 8. Hope if he doesn't find it, it comes back and he gets another shot

8cae30ac763d860cf77da17b4231ec0a.png

Talked to my Dad and he's super bummed out. Said the buck was the same rack size of his 9pt (see pic) but heavier mass. Was at least an 8. Hope if he doesn't find it, it comes back and he gets another shot

8cae30ac763d860cf77da17b4231ec0a.png

You can't take a sick day or personal day?

No. busy season. Took off the 7th and 21st. My only 2 days allowed in November. 6 weeks vaca per year but only 2 days in November and 2 in December.

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No. busy season. Took off the 7th and 21st. My only 2 days allowed in November. 6 weeks vaca per year but only 2 days in November and 2 in December.

WOW. That is............ That's something.

Best of luck to your dad looking tomorrow. Hope he finds it.

• Like 1

11/9/16: Dad didn't hunt, but spent the morning looking for more signs of the deer but to no avail. Hopefully it was just a high shot and the buck survives. 

This afternoon, he went to the butcher to pick up the meat from my deer. I got 60lbs of venison, which the butcher told my Dad is a lot. He said typically deer yield 35-45lbs. I knew this was my biggest deer (weight-wise), but now I'm wondering what it may have actually weighed. Any ideas or reverse math equations to use? I believe he was definitely still over 100lbs even after we gutted him. So maybe like 150lb+?

11/9/16: Dad didn't hunt, but spent the morning looking for more signs of the deer but to no avail. Hopefully it was just a high shot and the buck survives. 
This afternoon, he went to the butcher to pick up the meat from my deer. I got 60lbs of venison, which the butcher told my Dad is a lot. He said typically deer yield 35-45lbs. I knew this was my biggest deer (weight-wise), but now I'm wondering what it may have actually weighed. Any ideas or reverse math equations to use? I believe he was definitely still over 100lbs even after we gutted him. So maybe like 150lb+?

• Like 1

11/10: Dad went back to the 3 acre spot. Still no sign of the buck he shot at on Tuesday.

Anyway, at 6:10am he saw a big deer but it was too dark to tell if it was a buck or doe. But he did say he didn't notice a limp, so probably not the buck he shot at.

8:10am, he saw 12 turkeys.

8:30am, he saw a crane like bird pluck a < 10" trout out of the stream and eat it whole.

Mid-day he walked around and found 8 fresh bucks rub all in a 70 yard strip. None of which were there about a week ago.

Nothing the rest of the day. he will probably head back there tomorrow morning, and then back to our new land in the afternoon.

11/11:  Dad hunted 3 acre private land spot again. He watched 4 doe circling a pine tree around 100 yards away for a full hour (730am - 830am). Finally, he decided to stalk a little closer to see if there was a buck around. Sure enough, 70 yards away was a tight racked 6pt (definitely not the same buck as Tuesday). Dad tried soft grunt and soft bleat, but nothing worked he wouldn't come any closer. They slowly difted away. He decided to spend the entire day there now, instead of heading back to our new property this afternoon.

Around 10:45am, Dad saw the 6pt again. He stalked to within 56 yards but couldn't get any closer before the buck moved on.

Nothing the rest of the day. Tomorrow, I will go to our new land and check 3 cams.

11/12: Dad hunted our new property. At 10am had a doe walk by under 30 yards but no buck following.

For the afternoon, he moved to my ground blind. He watched a red fox at 215pm keep circling where the gut pile was from my 4pt. Trail Cam there shows a red fox coming in everyday multiple times per day to eat the pile. Nothing left of the pile but he's still looking I guess. Didn't give my dad a shot opp.

Not sure yet where my Dad will hunt tomorrow.

• Like 1