Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

Nice action there Biz.

I would set up for that bird. May as well start turkey hunting now that you own the land.

If I were you, I'd start turkey hunting.....I find it more exciting then deer hunting, usually nice and warm out and still time for a round of golf in the afternoon.

Yea, I might buy a license. I'll be out of the country for opening day, but maybe my Dad will shoot that Tom. I'll probably try on the 7th.

• Like 2

Got up this morning with plans to fish with low winds. Went to 2 different bait shops and neither had sawbellies or shiners, what a waste. Something with a delivery from the finger lakes. Lots of mad customers. Anyway decided to walk the land and check cams even though it's only been a week.

Kicked up 3 deer, and 7 turkeys in the 1.5 hours I was there. The turkeys were bedded about 50 yards the hill from where I get the pics. They all took off flying. Also, got this pretty funny pic of a squirrel. I'll probably pull cams once batteries die and put them back out in mid summer.

Also went back to look at skull and it's definitely a doe deer.

95d2c255dd8aafc61ed25bf3fa0ead77.jpg

734170ac25d0209cf26fd8e99f390a67.jpg

f54fbafef581ce35da3a79d25ad3d7ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still in Costa Rica, but my Dad hunted opening day for turkey. Rained pretty good he said. He saw 2 deer and a black squirrel, but no turkeys.

Try to be in your spot by 4:45 tomorrow, so you can hear them gobbling off the roost.

Lol. Not gonna happen. I'm not that into turkey hunting. I'll get up at 7am and see how the weather looks. Probably get there before 8 and see what happens.

• Like 1

Lol. Not gonna happen. I'm not that into turkey hunting. I'll get up at 7am and see how the weather looks. Probably get there before 8 and see what happens.

I said the same until I did today and heard 5 toms gobbling their heads off in all directions for an hour. Shook me up so bad, that I couldn't even properly call on the pot call. Either way good luck to you tomorrow. 

• Like 3

I said the same until I did today and heard 5 toms gobbling their heads off in all directions for an hour. Shook me up so bad, that I couldn't even properly call on the pot call. Either way good luck to you tomorrow.

A couple of weeks ago I kicked them up, they were bedded down so maybe I'll get lucky and see them again.

• Like 1

Took the day off today. Decided to fish instead of turkey hunt. Struck out on trout but picked up a couple of bass.

Heading over to land soon to break in my Dads new atv, take a soil test, check cams, etc.

1c152f0abf7a3c9292ade98080d41fc2.jpg

1c08c5f236e074461ce95f39a9a3b43e.jpg

• Like 3

Toms have a full fan and a longer beard...jakes usually have a 2" beard max and the middle tail feathers are longer compared to the ones on the edges. 

Mostly true, I have killed sevral jakes when i was younger that had 4 and 5 inch beards, even killed 2 jakes in my teens that had 6 and 6.5 inch beards.. and also had the fence post in the middle of the tail fan. lol 

• Like 1