Fire in Ulster

the blur

So what are the effects on the hunting when you have a fire like that go through? I would imagine that in the long run it would be super-beneficial because of additional sunlight for nutritious understory re-development, and the chemical benefits to the ground nutrients for plant-life growth. But how long does it take to get over the initial trauma to the local animal populations?

No loss of life or property, it has been burning in the Sam's Point Recreation area. They are already seeing wildlife return to the areas that have burned through. This area will be rich with wildlife and plant life by the end of summer. Fire is very crucial to the ecosystem. As long as no life or property is in danger, letting it burn is the best case of action. It will prevent larger fires from happening, that may actually cause loss of life or property.

I heard it was started in the area where the hikers go, and 1000's of people walk through every year.

I can't imagine deer returning. They probably took their fawns, and found a new home range.

Especially with the 100's of fire fighters in the woods, and water drops from above.

Maybe next summer when the vegetation returns, or if there is a good acorn drop this year....

It's a very popular area for tree huggers, and day hikers.